Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ohio, let's get this started

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop a few lines. For some reason today all I want to dois eat and I'm not hungry. I guess my mind is messing with me again. I haven't went off to badly but I don't like the feeling that nothing I eat is satisfying me. That just goes to show that even when you have the proper fill, which I think I do, your mind can still get you to want to eat. But I am not going to give in and let it beat me, I've come to far and I have to learn how to deal with this because this will always pop up fron time to time. Well bye till tomorrow.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:clap2:Hey Paige only a little over a day left, I'm so excited for you!:clap2:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You are so sweet, Lisa :)

I know I said in some post somewhere that if OSU lost the game tonight, I wouldn't have my surgery because I figured the loss would just kill me anyway. But, since OSU did lose :angry :welldone: :faint: :cool: :sick I am still having my surgery. I'm not going to let some stupid game loss keep me away. So, just kidding. Congrats to the Gators....they killed us!

I am getting quite nervous. But, staying close to the goal. Can't believe I leave for the hospital in 33 hours! And, I have to my clear liquid diet by 6pm Tuesday night. So, almost all my difficult foods are gone. I've got my supplements and I"ve been doing my homework. I am hopeful that I'll feel well enough to go to class the next day but I'm sort of doubting that.

So, where is everybody? Later, Paige

Just got word that I have to wait until at least Febuary now!!!!!! This really is making me nuts!!!!!! I started this process back in October!!!!!

I was really hoping to have the surgery and see some results by my sons graduation in May. Sorry to whine!!!!, but I want my life back!!!!

Hey Paige just remember we are all with you and behind you 100%, I am going to try my darndest to get down and see you on Thursday, just depends if I get to sleep right away when I get home in the morning.

Lisa, it took me about 3 months from the first seminar to the surgery. If you can have your surgery in Feb. you'll still see a difference in May, that's 3 months, I lost 36# so far and it's not been quite 3 months. So just hang in there, not much longer.

Impersons, Lisa.......

Mine will also probably be the first week of Feb. Dr. has received the approval from Anthem. They called me to schedule a cardiac stress test with my cardiologist, (next Tues.), and my medical history appt. w/Dr. Schumacher next Thurs. So, we take it step by step ! It will happen soon. I am anxious and excited, but, would like to make sure all is going correctly.

Baby Boomer, Barbara.........

Hope all is well with you and can't wait to meet you.:)

linadu, Lisann.........

I enjoy your posts ! You are really doing great w/your weight loss. :clap2:

To all in Ohio..........

Can't wait to meet sometime to discuss and maybe cuss !

Hey Ohio:

Well, this will be short/sweet. I did make it and I did wake up. Thanks so much to Barbara for coming.

Barbara: I can't really remember much at all. Since my surgery was pushed back, I will still very groggy when you came, as if you didn't notice. But, it was still nice to meet you and I appreciate the thought. I was a mess until late Thursday morning.

Well, guys - the hardest was just moving at all. Once I was standing and walking, I felt better. It was just getting to the lie down vs. stand up position. That part was excruciating. It really does feel that someone has kicked you square in the gut and it IS sore.

I definitely feel the gas but it's manageable. I've already advanced to full liquids and I'm doing that for a week. You guys should have seen me try to drive home - I'm so grateful to God because it was rough. I really wish now I had stayed there one more day or something. But, fortunately nothing happened and the other drivers were scarce.

Well, I'm going to my folks' for the weekend so I'll see you all back on line next week.

Linadu: don't even think twice about not coming. I truly wasn't even coherent until around 1p Thursday afternoon.

OhRainTree: Thanks for the well wishes.

Impersons: February will be here before you know it!

Mindful,

I'm so glad you made it ok! The liquid phase is boring, but it is the start of great things...

I liked the Myoplex ready to drink stuff. It has a whopping 42 gm of Protein, 6 gm of Fiber, and only 2gm of sugar. I found it at Krogers in the organic food section. GNC also has it.

Take it easy!

Thanks to all for the encouraging words!! Just talked to insur co., they didn't recieve the paperwork from dr. office until Jan. 9, and said it takes about 21 days to process. I am just so worried that I am getting my hopes up, and they will say no.

Has anybody had to fight their insurance?? If so, what did you do, and were you successful.

Standing my ground!!!!!

Mindful,

I know you probably didn't remember much, but I did want you to know that I was thinking about you. I can't wait to meet you again and talk to you when you are a little more coherent.

I can't believe you drove yourself home from the hospital. I know that had to be rough. If I'd known that you were by yourself, I would have offered to drive you home. I hope you are resting and feeling better by now.

Keep me posted on the meeting time and place. I'm anxious to meet everyone.

Hang in there and hope you're feeling better soon.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara: I was going to get a hotel room but kept wishing for my own bed since I hadn't slept the night before. I have learned a valuable lesson though - NEVER NEVER AGAIN WILL I DRIVE ON PAIN MEDS.

Now that I'm home, I'm having some discomfort still. I haven't taken the pain meds all day b/c I'm trying to stay awake for a good portion of the day. I did manage to get outside and walk twice around the parking lot. The gas is uncomfortable. The worst part is how little support I feel I'm getting from my family. I know I'm not supposed to have any expectations from people so dysfunctional...but sometimes it's hard. My parents actually asked me to come there for the weekend to let them take care of me. When I asked them to come get me, "I can't possibly on Friday, I have to work all day (that's my dad's (he's a doctor) response but apparently he saw all his patients and went to see a movie later". My mom's response: "I have errands to do on Friday, my hair appointment and a workout". But, "feel free to come up here for the weekend". UGH!!

Anyway, I'm resting still. I've managed to get one Slim Fast down, one can made with milk of cream of potato Soup and 8oz Cappuccino. I"m getting ready to try for some chicken broth. I also managed to get down (one at a time) three pills last night. So, I think I'm mending just fine so far. Needless to say, I'm not going out of town so I"m here all weekend. Barbara, thanks for giving me your email address again on the INtro thread - I saved it. BTW, the support groups (from what I heard) are switching in February. The one on the 2nd Wed is going to now be for banders only and the 4th Monday one is for the RNY's. I'm going to be in Dayton for my f/u appointment on January 22 - let's meet for early soft food lunch. Later, Paige

Paige....I am so glad that your surgery went well. Sorry that I haven't had to post anything since I went back to work last thursday. I can not believe that the hospital released you to drive home alone. AT my hospital if you dont have a ride you don't go. If something would have happened to you driving home it would have been their responsibility. Bless your heart. You could have stayed at my house with my loud kids when I was working. But at least you would have been safe and in a soft bed. Keep up the good work with your walking.

Paige....I am so glad that your surgery went well. Sorry that I haven't had to post anything since I went back to work last thursday. I can not believe that the hospital released you to drive home alone. AT my hospital if you dont have a ride you don't go. If something would have happened to you driving home it would have been their responsibility. Bless your heart. You could have stayed at my house with my loud kids when I was working. But at least you would have been safe and in a soft bed. Keep up the good work with your walking.

Well, nothing against the hospital. They really were very against it. It was kind of confusing because one set of people I talked to were okay with my plan of getting a hotel room for the first night. One set were okay as long as 24 hours had passed and by the time the surgery had happened and the floor nurses were in charge, they were against letting me go alone at any time. So, it took a lot of convincing but, fortunately, I did get to come home. I am so grateful that several of you would have been willing to let me stay there but really the shame should be placed on my folks who were too busy to help. I'm feeling much better today. One problem, I really am not too pleased with the taste of the supplements. I love the Soups but the supplements give me my Protein. I've used Boost Glucose Control and Slim-Fast Low Carb. Any suggestions? Can't believe I've dropped 8 pounds in 3 days. WOW!

Hi,

Try the myoplex. I don't remember if I have posted this on an ohio thread before but it has 42 gm of Protein and only 2 gm of sugar. The vanilla and strawberry taste pretty good. You can get them at GNC or at Krogers in the health food section.

Poop on your parents for not helping you. With a dad who's a doc, they should know how dangerous it is to drive on pain meds. Someday they will need you for health reasons, be my guest to remind them of their previous thoughtlessness.