Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All!

I am new to lapbandtalk and am looking for some support. :help: I have had this surgery in complete secretcy from my friends and coworkers. I've just told them I needed surgery and avoid the subject of my 3-week now liquid diet. I know it must get easier, but it's been hard for me. I have my first followup appointment in two days. Its been hard to say no to everyone for lunch time, to not eat anything today, on Christmas. It's just been hard. I'd love it if anyone has any guideance for me to email me or post to this thread. I have been overweight my entire life, starting with a 11.something pound birth. :) At 312, I thought it was time for some action beyond my constant yo-yo dieting. I am excited to loose that first pound. To actually see the scale go in the opposite direction at the doctors office. But I'm so worn out and finding this liquid diet so hard.

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas. I will go drink some Water and go to bed. Thanks for listening.

Hi- Bless you- I work at a school and everyone thinks I went out for hernia surgery-I just felt it was no ones biz. Just coming through the holidays not having my days be filled with food-feels weird. My family is my support system. I was banded 12/12/06 and I had lost 11 lbs on my post op. The roughest time was that first week on liquids-going to puree foods-IT GETS Better!!! Hang in there girl and keep writiing-we are here!

Hang in there! You can totally do this, just use this site as your support system, you will love it here. Keep reading and you will see you are not alone. As for not telling anyone, I plan to do the same, besides my immediate family that is. You're right, it's nobody's business. You will succeed. Take care and hope to hear more from you.

Becca

You're almost there where you can eat regular food, so don't give up now!

Things really do get better. I bet your doctor starts you on food when you go in. Good luck and let us know how you did when you get out of the doctor's office.:)

Welcome freudmonkey...

Congratulations on taking this wonderful step for yourself and for being brave and courageous enough to do it without the support of your friends and coworkers at this stage...You obviously have a lot of determination and commitment to the lifestyle change so you will be just fine! The liquid diet is difficult...no sugar coating that. but the trick is variety...find some flavours you really like and alternate. keep us posted...but I am positive yours will be the next lapband talk success story.

:) becky

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches