Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pictures of Terry Evans (sascijo)

Hi girls,

Well where do I start? I have worked at the same place for 10 years and have been the purchasing agent there. I will skip a lot of the crap, but I get paid $10.50 an hour after all this time. Men who just start get almost this much at start. So i told my boss I needed a raise. And he didn't just come out and say no, but I didn't get a raise. Then I was trying to get a relative hired at work and they hire someone instead that couldn't pass a drug test till he took it twice. Anyway, I was offered another job about .4 of a mile from my house at the same pay I get now, with a .50 raise in 90 days. so I go and tell my boss and he says, "Oh Terry, really think about it. We really need you. (still no raise). So after 10 years I left. I don't know if I made a mistake or not, but I did it and it is too late.

Also, I got a scathing email from someone that did not have the nerve to fess up to who they are, telling me what a whiney bitch I am, and I must have all these problem, blah, blah, blah. That they are tired of listening to my crap, and to shut up about posting pictures, and that they listen to me on several boards and I am the same on all of them and this is for lap band talk and not my personal problems. so I just didn't post and decided to hell with it all.... Also, at the new job, I don't have internet access and can't talk during the day. So it is up to afternoons which are really full of other stuff so i haven't been online much.

I really appreciate that you missed me Leatha, and Donali. I have really been on an emotional roller coaster. It is amazing how rude comments from one rude hussy can hurt you even if you really don't care. I tried not to let it bother me, but it did.

I am over it now, however. so whoever you are. BITE MY BUTT....

I have the right to talk about whatever I want, any time i want, just like you do. so leave me alone or don't go to the sites I do...

I sent the email this person wrote me to the group, but they tried to fix it where I couldn't. I am smarter than them , cause I figured out how to do it. But instead I sent it to one of the moderators of our bandster group and she was banned because it was so bad.

So...........I am ok now. I love you girls and I'M BACK.....

:mad: :D :D :eek: :D :D :D :D

Also,,,, if it couldn't be any worse... I am gaining weight. I feel like such a loser..... (gainer...lol) anyway, I need a fill, but the person that emailed me the crap, obviously goes to the same doc as me cause part of the problem was about him. I was complaining about his staff, (NOT HIM) and she started telling me what they had to listen to, (people like me) what they did and didn't do as far as insurance goes, (which is what i was mad about in my post) and they were tired of me bashing Dr. Dillawn. I really like him, I never bashed him. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I never bashed him. Wow, people don't always have to have the same opinion... But now I don't feel comfortable going to him cause the last time I was in his office, he was different, and he kept mentioning the "chat rooms" I am in and what these people talk about... I thought it was odd then, but so what... I can "chat" if I feel like it. But now I don't know if I can go back to him, cause this "person" must be affiliated with him somehow. She seemed to know all about his staff and him... so I need a fill and don't know what to do about it... Wow, I am really catching up now... It's your fault Leatha, you missed me...lol...:mad:

Thank You Frank,

I really needed that today. It is not an easy journey we have chosen, but much easier than without the band.

Originally posted by sascijo

It's your fault Leatha, you missed me...lol...:D

Yikes!! :D I'd hate to think someone here sent that email. :eek: I'm really sorry to hear all this. What an ass.

Anyway, what matters is you are alive and well. I was getting worried. And it's okay that you've gained and it's none of your doctors business if you post on message boards and support means sometimes we whine. lol. To hell with them and the horse they rode in on!

I'd go to my doctor's office just to see them squirm. But, don't let it stop you. You've done so well. Maybe you need to see if there is another doctor who will see you? Whatever it takes! Dr. Veninga in Carrollton sees patients banded elsewhere.

Congratulations on the new job! I hope it works out better for you. Sometimes we just have to stop letting people walk on us. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. I understand the pay thing. I was working in hospital purchasing out in west Texas for less than you when I decided to take the job I have now. Big step. :mad: I had what could have been a lifetime job at not so great pay, but I had to take a big risk and some trade offs or I would have been there forever. Sometimes, I miss the familiarity and the people there, but I know what I did was better for me in the long run.

Thank you for at least stopping by to let us know you are okay. I'm real sorry about all the chaos. I'm even more sorry that someone felt the need to email you privately with such nastiness. :D That truly sucks.

Just let us know how you are doing. :D

Good luck with the doctor situation. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I'll even share a lunch with you if you need to come to DFW.

Thanks Leatha,

You are sure a good girl.... I am a lot better, but I have been very down in the dumps. Most of it is self imposed I guess. This is such a small little town, and I want to see a counselor. But there isn't anyone here to go to... I really may try this Doctor Veninga. If I do, Dr. Dillawn won't take me back. So I have to be sure before I do it. Also with a new job, I dont have any time built up. I could have had my old job for life too. But I just had to leave. I couldn't let them stomp on me... Anyway... like I said. I'm back and I am ok and I like ME... I can't let negative people kick me like that.

There must be something about me that they were jealous of or something. I try to be nice to everyone, so I was really shocked at that email... Thanks a million girl for caring. You care at the RIGHT time... I needed it...And to even call me...WOW.... that is my daughters phone so I didn't know it. she never checkes her messages for a long time, so she probably don't either. :mad:

Oh yeah, I am only a member of 2 forums right now, so they mentioned my messages from "other" sites, so I guess they must be on this site and read what I write. BUT, I think that they are from the Austin area because of the stuff about knowing the staff and so on. It really don't matter now... It is almost fun to piss them off... I am going to talk about pictures, and my problem and go on and on just to irritate them....lol:mad:

Not really.....

Hi Terry! I also missed your smiling face. I am glad you came back and posted. That is awful someone would do that to you. Put it behind you, and just keep right on posting.

Betty

Terry - WOW - **hugs**

I have NEVER thought you sounded whiney. Maybe I'm reading too fast? lol

Good for you taking that new job. Sorry you had to do it, but so proud of you for sticking up for yourself.

And the nasty email... I don't know what to say. I think that is very sad that there is someone out there who is so hateful. I hope they are able to bring themselves to a better state emotionally. Maybe it was just bandster rage???? :mad:

Anyway, you ROCK!!!

I just bought a book called "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. I have only just started it, but basically it is supposed to be a simple four question technique that enables us to challenge our thoughts which cause our unhappiness.

I'm the poster child of self-help books (many of which have never been opened...:sick - much like the exercise equipment that was purchased but never used... lol), but this one I think I will actually end up reading and employing in my life. Was it here that someone mentioned it? Or Spotlight? I don't recall, but I think I heard of it here or there.

I'll keep you posted if I am suddenly able to shake off all my worries and what if's and if only's and he/she shouldn't's/should's that make me crazy... lol

Chin up, girl - those pounds will come back off.

**hugs** (again... :D)

Originally posted by donali

I'm the poster child of self-help books (many of which have never been opened...:sick (again... :D)

You sound like me a few years ago. I was like a sponge with the self help etc and believe it or not, it did help. Of course, we are like an onion, one layer at a time. Progress.. not perfection.. :mad:

So, Leatha - you're saying that even though I haven't read all those books, just buying them really did help? :mad:

It's not that I think there is really anything wrong with me... but at the same time, I guess I feel deep down there's something I'm not quite "getting" about life. I know, an odd dichotomy, but you never know when you're going to come across a piece of information that suddenly makes all the lights in the house come on... lol :D

Exactly. But there is nothing wrong with continued personal growth even if you are satisified with yourself. Many people go to therapy etc just to make what is good even better. I don't think we ever get to that point of 'knowing it all' or being so totally in-tune with everything that we no longer need additional input. Well, some do, but they're delusional. lol.

Terry I dont know you and I have only just read this tread. But I think you are amazing. I can tell you are truly a good person. It really bums me out that someone emailed you like that. But you got it going on and maybe they dont. You look so great! At least you arnt the one hiding who you are. You are putting yourself out there and you have alot to offer. But this person sounds like a childish coward. They couldnt email you on a level and let you know how they felt and why they felt it. They had to do it the sneaky snake way. So who cares. Sometimes I have let people like that bother me too but the fact is they dont affect your life or your success. Keep loosing dont let them win and discourage you! It will but them more when you are on track and you are. Keep up the good work. I find you and insperation and I am sure lots of other people do. This person see's you as a threat... sounds like a cold angry person to me. Your the bomb keep it up!! You have a family here where people truly care about you.

I also think it is great you quit that job and trying something new. Sounds crazy you have been there that long and you couldnt even get a raise ... they could have given you something. Just remember if you keep doing what your doing your always gonna get what you got. Change is great. Plus I heard every 8- 10 years you should change jobs. You get a new enviroment and new friends its fun. You get to refresh youself. Congrat's on that.

And if someone wants to attach anyone on here they are gonna have to attack all of us. Cause we are all holding hands here! And those kind of judging people arnt welcome. This is a good honest place for us all to come and we are sticking together for eachother. So beat it, or join us!!!

Terry keep doing what your doing cause you are truly and insperation to all of us!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Guest MadameYess

Gee Sasijo,

I just read your post about the person who sent you a venomous email. Chalk it up to jelousy.

I am pre-op and your pictures and others are what inspire me and take the fear away, so this is to let you know that by doing what you have done has helped me and if it helps one person then it is worth doing.

Good job way to go!!! and to the person who sent you the nasty gram.... :banana

Madame Yess

Hi Terry,

I have never found you to be a "whiner" either. I think your an inspirational doll and have missed you as well. I can't believe that little twerp would have dared send such personal scathing remarks to you. How ridiculous and childish. Sorry about all your personal chaos and hope it all improves. Keep your chin up girl and we'll always be around for you. Teresa:)