Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in South eastern Oregon. Had gastric sleeve done in Central Oregon on March 11th and doing real good :)

Fantastic! Welcome, so very happy it's going well for you.

Hey Oregonians. great to see you all here. nice to read about different stories and doctors too. Legacy is approved by my insurance, so I would most likely use Dr. Patterson.

Welcome. I too had Emma:-). Where you from ?

@@misica2771 welcome. good luck on your surgery. where are you getting it done? I am from SE Portland. Going thru Legacy Good Sam.

I just got sleeved on June 23rd at Good Samaritan. I live in Gresham & Emma Patterson performed my surgery. Tho is my first reply or post. Glad to hear from others in Oregon. I am on the liquid diet right now & really struggling. I hope it gets easier cuz all I am doing is thinking about food! The surgery was easy & I haven't had any problems with swallowing but can tell when I have had enough or need to drink slower.

Hi,

I am in SE Portland, OR. I am 32 years old. I was sleeved on Dec 5th 2012 By Emma Patterson. I am her first leak with a sleeve. I do not care for her or her lack of bed side manner. I am probably one of the few people who are regretful of their surgery. The other doctors on my care team had expressed disbelief with her attitude and made it clear they didn't care for her either.

Too each their own. I would never again trust her with my life. I do not blame her or myself for the leak. However, I saw her true colors when things went wrong and it wasn't pretty! She is a nasty soul! There are many other surgeons who have experience like her, but behave in a humane manner.

I so badly wanted to hit 100 lb loss by 4th of July, and was 96 on July 3. Friday morning, scales said 100.5 down!! Was so happy!! (Went back to 98 on Sunday, but that's ok...). My sleeve was done Feb 12 by Dr Deveney. I am struggling a little with temptation. Fortunately, more than a bite or two of sugar/fat makes me nauseous. (I tried to resist, I really did... they have donuts in the office on Wednesdays.....).

This is still the best thing I've ever done for myself. I hope that I can engrain good habits deep enough to develop some resistance!

Hi, I am in SE Portland, OR. I am 32 years old. I was sleeved on Dec 5th 2012 By Emma Patterson. I am her first leak with a sleeve. I do not care for her or her lack of bed side manner. I am probably one of the few people who are regretful of their surgery

I'm glad you are doing better, and hope you are fully recovered. Sounds like a terrible experience (I heard the same thing from another of her leak patients...) hopefully you are now on a path to good health.

Congrats on your weight loss that is awesome!!! I am scheduled for July 21.. I had a consultation with Dr. Patterson once and I could not stand her I thought she was a complete beotch!!! She was so rude! My thought was I will not even give you my business even if my insurance is paying for it!!! I can't wait for my surgery!! My friend had hers about 5 weeks ago and is down 45lbs already!!

Does anyone want to get a walking group together?

<p>@@misica2771 welcome. good luck on your surgery. where are you getting it done? I am from SE Portland. Going thru Legacy Good Sam.</p>

Hi I'm actually going to Mexico.. I didn't want to go through the 8 months of stuff my insurance wanted.. I scheduled for the 21 of July..

I would like to get a walking/ support group together.. It would be nice to meet up and talk about post-op foods and such

@misica2771 did you find a place in MX yet? have a date? I am a week until surgery....

Looking for Oregon supporters. Any out there?

Omg! I found people from oregon finally. I would love some support I live in salem oregon it would be so great to connect and maybe plan a get together. It would be great to hear from people who r going through a similar process. My friends are great and do their best to support me but no one will get it unless they r going through it. This is my email melinaleon81@hotmail.com

My sleeve was 12/22/14. I am doing well. I live in Central Oregon but insurance requirements sent me to Dr. Patterson and Legacy Good Samaritan in Portland. I had ups and downs with scheduling but I am so glad Dr. Patterson did my surgery. I researched her track record and talked with her and others who had used her. I have had NO problems since surgery and I have read of the many, many issues that face all of us before, during and after VSG so I am very happy with my outcome and surgeon. Any recent Central Oregon sleevers here? :D

Glad your doing well! I've lost 50 to date, sleeved 10/13 and feeling good but am in a stall. Also live in Central Oregon. Get back with me if you want to meet up. Take care and congratulations.