Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet questions

I will have my sleeve surgery on Monday. I have been on the pre-op diet since May 27th. I have now lost a total of 11 lbs in these 11 days. Is this a normal lost? How much did you guys lose?

That's great! I lost about 20 pounds over a month. I started my pre-op three weeks early and had a few bad days in there, but I am so happy I did it. Believe me, post op, you will marvel at how much of a struggle pre-op was when you can't get hardly anything in post op. :D

I'm on day 6 and haven't weighed myself but can tell I've lost weight (wrist watch is looser etc.). The dietician told us at pre-op class that most people can expect to lose anywhere from 5 - 15 lbs per week on the preop diet. We do about 800-900 calories per day, high Protein and low (ish) carb.

Everybody is different in their journey. Some lose more / some lose less just like on any diet. Pre-op was difficult for me--3 shakes a day & 1 high Protein / low carb meal. After 2 weeks I felt like I couldn't look at another shake without having some nausea.

I was sleeved June 3 and I'm feeling much better today! But I'm also back to drinking the shakes again for Protein post-op. 19 lbs down since May 20th

I had a seven day liquid diet before surgery. I lost about ten pounds on it.

11 lbs is great! Some people only lose around 3 others lose around 20. So I would say if you are around those numbers you are doing great! There are other factors to keep in mind, such as exercise, and the amount of weight you need to lose too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches