Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my bf broke up with me..

depression and my sleeve is not a good combination :(

I'm sorry, keep your chin up, hopefully things will get better soon....

Wow that is nuts...did you warn him that you go through mood swings with this?? It can be hard on our loved ones but if they know ahead of time it makes it a bit easier to understand.

depression and my sleeve is not a good combination :(

I'm so sorry, but don't fret. I'm thinkin' the boys will be standing in line for your attention sooner than you realize!

So sorry. That sucks. It is hard when you're sad and can't eat the half gallon of ice cream anymore. I hope you can find a non-food way to cheer yourself. If you think of something please share it. Hugs to you.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

journeyRN, I'm sorry for this turmoil in your life. There's nothing I can say to make it better, except that you aren't alone (lots and lots of supportive people here), and if he isn't the right one for you, then the Universe will send you someone who is. I promise.

I hope this link from a Facebook page works for you; it's definitely boosted my spirits more than once.

You're Beautiful <-----click :)

Thank you friends..

I'm sorry, just focus on yourself and someone worthy will come around. :)

the only thing I can think to add is that if the reason he broke up with you has to do with mood swings from this temporary life situation, he isn't the type of partner you want to see you through "thick and thin" and all the crises that life can bring...I realize that doesn't help with the hurt and sadness, but perhaps it can add something to your perspective

If he can't stand by you through the rough times, he doesn't deserve you through the good times. Beautiful things will come you way! Your a beautiful girl!! NO WORRIES keep smiling :)

Watch a cheesy teen horror flick or two. The boyfriends always die in those. :-)

I would like to say that I have suffered with depression for over 20+ years and I have had mates who just didn't understand why I was depressed. If he didn't want to educate himself about your depression then he truly didn't deserve you.

Sometimes with my depression, I don't feel like doing anything. One time I had a friend who told me two things. One was, instead of taking it one day at a time, taking it one hour at a time, one minute at a time. This statement in itself helped me because a day can be a long time to a depressed person. The second thing had to do with the serenity prayer. She said the prayer and added one extra thing. For example: God grant me the serenity to accept the I can't I cannot change (this is where you would put his name here). Courage to change the things that I can (you can't change him but you can change your response to his negative comments or treatment). And the wisdom to know the difference. Sometimes when I get in a situation, I quote the serenity prayer and do what she say and it worked for me.

I hope this helps you!! :-) Smile! You are a beautiful person. You will make it through this process and he will try his best to get you back. This is when you have to be string and resist him cause he turned his back on you when you were down. This will be your reward! Meaning that you did something for you, not him and your self esteem improving a thousand times fold. I have learned that because my self esteem is low, I have attracted to me that were no good for me. As I work on this process, and my mind, I noticed that I am attracting a different type of person to me. Don't worry! Be happy! Like Bob Marley would say. My 19 year lives by this statement all his life every since he came out the wound. He is truly a blessing and is helping me to adopt the same attitude.

Hugs to you!

You're pretty enough to have a boy friend in no time, I have not had surgery yet but I'm kinda going through the same thing and that empty pain feeling you get when a break up occurs is terrible but in due time and only time will heal the heart and just focus on things to make you better and stay single for awhile and watch the door come knocking with guys.. Good luck and you look great!

Let me tell you the thing I learned the most from having my lapband and now being a sleever. You will change, a few times as you are more comfortable with your body, and appearance. When I lived in Chicago and had my little group of lapbanders that did monthly meetings, we always started off telling how our lives had changed from month to month. It amazed me how many of the girls said they had "upgraded" guys. Like others have said if he couldn't take you making better changes, then he didn't deserve the amazing end result. In your avatar you are beautiful, and when the right MAN not boy sees that he will treat you like a goddess, as he should. Remember that he is the one that is alone, you have your sleeve friends, and I bet you could replace him much faster than he could even get another girls #. So chin up, and instead of ice cream, go out and buy something sexy for the upgrade. :)