Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

worried since I can eat everything..no restriction :-(

You didn't answer if you are having liquids with your foods, or liquid food like Soup. You won't stay full if you do either of those. Are you eating your Protein first? Are you getting all your fluids in between meals? If not you may be feeling thirsty and think its hunger.

Hi..to answer your question..I am in between my fourth and fifth week post surgery..I have moved on from strictly pureed foods to mostly "real foods". It seems the only thing I'm not supposed to eat according to my doctor are: raw veggies..chunks of meat like steak etc and soft bread. I do not drink 15 mins before or 30 mins after my meals. I have a follow up appt with both my surgeon and my nutritionist this week. Hopefully they will shed some light on this predicament. I try very hard to consume a few ounces of this or that per meal.. always Protein first but I'm still eating much more than I feel I should be able to. It's difficult to get the 60g protein in daily so I have added a half muscle milk and a half Protein Bar to my daily routine though it's pretty caloric :-( dunno..

Hi..to answer your question..I am in between my fourth and fifth week post surgery..I have moved on from strictly pureed foods to mostly "real foods". It seems the only thing I'm not supposed to eat according to my doctor are: raw veggies..chunks of meat like steak etc and soft bread. I do not drink 15 mins before or 30 mins after my meals. I have a follow up appt with both my surgeon and my nutritionist this week. Hopefully they will shed some light on this predicament. I try very hard to consume a few ounces of this or that per meal.. always Protein first but I'm still eating much more than I feel I should be able to. It's difficult to get the 60g Protein in daily so I have added a half muscle milk and a half protein bar to my daily routine though it's pretty caloric :-( dunno..

Don't be to hard on yourself! Everyone is different! I'm 10 days post op and feel hungry. I think it's hard to get used to a new way of life after so long. You'll be okay, Hang in there!!

Hi Sooz, I am 5 1/2 weeks post op ( I was a same day band to sleeve revision) and my situation was very similar to yours. I didn't feel restriction at all when I was on Clear Liquids or full liquids and never felt full on mushies. I even asked my Dr if I had really been sleeved because I wasn't reaching the feeling of fullness. I never had an aversion to food, nor did I ever have nausea, I still had cravings etc.. I could gulp ice, Water or liquids the day after my surgery the same as I did prior to surgery and still can. I was deeply disappointed, afraid I would be a failure at this and I knew that I couldnt rely on my will power again...it never worked before!!! I was so scared and concerned, stressed myself over it...cried over it. Now, I've been advanced to some solids such as tuna, chicken, soft veggies etc... at this stage I am feeling fullness for the first time. I can eat approx 3 oz of chicken and very few soft veggies. I can eat 1/2 serving of the little tuna sets that come with tuna, relish and mayo...I also add a boiled egg. I was able to eat whole Protein bar for the first time yesterday. That being said, I've been quite disappointed with my weight loss...I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op and I've only lost 18 lbs. I've gone from 206# to 188#.(I'm 4'11") I had gotten to 186# two days ago but then regained 2#'s. :( Why? I'm not sure. However, I just keep reading these blogs, hoping, waiting wishing and believing...that its going to get better and I'm keeping the faith in myself and my sleeve. Lets keep our chin up together!!!!

Hi Sooz' date=' I am 5 1/2 weeks post op ( I was a same day band to sleeve revision) and my situation was very similar to yours. I didn't feel restriction at all when I was on clear liquids or full liquids and never felt full on mushies. I even asked my Dr if I had really been sleeved because I wasn't reaching the feeling of fullness. I never had an aversion to food, nor did I ever have nausea, I still had cravings etc.. I could gulp ice, Water or liquids the day after my surgery the same as I did prior to surgery and still can. I was deeply disappointed, afraid I would be a failure at this and I knew that I couldnt rely on my will power again...it never worked before!!! I was so scared and concerned, stressed myself over it...cried over it. Now, I've been advanced to some solids such as tuna, chicken, soft veggies etc... at this stage I am feeling fullness for the first time. I can eat approx 3 oz of chicken and very few soft veggies. I can eat 1/2 serving of the little tuna sets that come with tuna, relish and mayo...I also add a boiled egg. I was able to eat whole Protein bar for the first time yesterday. That being said, I've been quite disappointed with my weight loss...I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op and I've only lost 18 lbs. I've gone from 206# to 188#.(I'm 4'11") I had gotten to 186# two days ago but then regained 2#'s. :( Why? I'm not sure. However, I just keep reading these blogs, hoping, waiting wishing and believing...that its going to get better and I'm keeping the faith in myself and my sleeve. Lets keep our chin up together!!!![/quote']

I'm 5' and I too have lost weight slowly. I have lost around 58# and I'm 6 months post op. Its been frustrating but my hubby kept encouraging me. I don't workout like most ppl here. I workout 4-5 days a wk and I consume 2 Snacks and 3 meals. 1 of my coworkers is 3 months post op and has lost 53# already. My dr said I'm on schedule with my weight loss so I'm not so disappointed! He said I didn't have much to lose so it would be slow. I'm 5# away from my 150# goal. Anything below that is awesome! Om praying rhat Tummy Tuck and Lipo take care of 20#..lol! Just remember that everyone is different!Hang in there! The #s will start to add up and before u know it u will be at goal!

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 155.2#(6/11)

Oh my goodness! I feel the same way. I am at week 4. I have lost 23 pounds but that includes the 10 days prior to surgery????. I have been stalled for 2 weeks. I don't really feel anything. Sometimes I get a small sensation. I think I could eat a salad and feel nothing . It's very troubling to me. I told my daughter I think he forgot to take it out. She had it done jan 14 of this year and has lost 80 pounds!

Ok...I'm gonna be grumpy girl for a sec. As I read this thread the one thing that leaps from the screen is the comparing yourself to everyone else! Isn't that one of the things "fat girl brain" tricks us into?! That because our stats don't match some one else that has had surgery the same time as us or the same height as us, (fill in the comparison factor) something must be wrong or we're doing something wrong. Look at what you're doing, are you being exact...maybe all of this is the internal battle with food we all face and are learning to overcome. To me...that's what post op eating is....like rehab the first few weeks. Not only am I healing my body, I'm healing my spirit. My dad used to say, "begin as you mean to go on." I'm trying to do this so my choice of having this MAJOR surgery will move life forward in a positive direction forever (not just til I get to that goal weight/size). Sorry for the grump...just something's to think about.

I'm 3 1/2 wks out and I can relate to everything mentioned here. As many have stated before, we had surgery on our stomachs and not our brains. (Though it should be done as a combo, lol). I have found since having the surgery that writing in a journal is very helpful. I write whatever I truly feel, bad or good and just very truthful. It's very liberating. Also, I too have experienced that I don't feel the fullness but I choose to just eat the recommended amount. I also have been using MFP and love to hold myself accountable which helps with my mental journey. I'm a slow loser and I'm ok with that. I've never lost 19 lbs in 3 weeks. I also think its better to lose it slower because I will work harder to lose it. If you wish to lose more, little changes can make a huge difference. I started using the stairs vs the elevator. I bought Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies to actually have fun and not feel that I'm torturing myself. My littles do it with. You burn a lot of calories. You are doing well. One day at a time and have faith in yourself. It's easier said than done. Lol I know that personally. Best wishes to you.

Just out of curiosity... have you done the cottage cheese test yet? Maybe you are eating much less than you should and your body is starving itself and holding onto the weight. When i did the test I was surprised to find out that I could hold much more than I was actually eating.

Here is an update to my no restriction post. I am now six and a half weeks post-op. I had gone out to eat once at six weeks and had a birthday dinner to attend at my favorite restaurant yesterday! I felt like I was ready and mentally prepared and the previous time I went out to eat for the first time it was fabulous :-)

Do yesterday dinners at a Korean bbq place so much of the meal is communal. When we got there and ordered I started off carefully assessing each bite and laboriously chewing etc. At some point in the middle of dinner I noticed my Water glass in my hand and saw 1/3 was gone..uh oh! Secondly I started to feel a pressure for the first time in the middle of my chest. I waited a while and continued with my meal especially since the yummiest dish had just come out! A little voice warned me not to take the bite. I didn't listen. Three bites later I was in the bathroom. I puked. It was only a little and it actually helped because simultaneously I felt pain in my throat/chest area that I've been reading about in this forum.

The pain was very uncomfortable. I had to burp but couldn't and felt if I pushed to try I would vomit. It lasted for about two hours. I came home, took a shower and went to bed early. I feel fine today albeit tired and a little freaked since I have not lost a pound in four weeks (but not gained any either).

On the up side, I finally know I do have restriction through the sleeve though I must have a sleeve on the largish side! I also think the variety of good played a factor in my getting sick. I learned an important lesson or two last night and wanted to share :-)

Thx for listening and any advice or feedback is appreciated :-)

Here is an update to my no restriction post. I am now six and a half weeks post-op. I had gone out to eat once at six weeks and had a birthday dinner to attend at my favorite restaurant yesterday! I felt like I was ready and mentally prepared and the previous time I went out to eat for the first time it was fabulous :-)

Do yesterday dinners at a Korean bbq place so much of the meal is communal. When we got there and ordered I started off carefully assessing each bite and laboriously chewing etc. At some point in the middle of dinner I noticed my Water glass in my hand and saw 1/3 was gone..uh oh! Secondly I started to feel a pressure for the first time in the middle of my chest. I waited a while and continued with my meal especially since the yummiest dish had just come out! A little voice warned me not to take the bite. I didn't listen. Three bites later I was in the bathroom. I puked. It was only a little and it actually helped because simultaneously I felt pain in my throat/chest area that I've been reading about in this forum.

The pain was very uncomfortable. I had to burp but couldn't and felt if I pushed to try I would vomit. It lasted for about two hours. I came home' date=' took a shower and went to bed early. I feel fine today albeit tired and a little freaked since I have not lost a pound in four weeks (but not gained any either).

On the up side, I finally know I do have restriction through the sleeve though I must have a sleeve on the largish side! I also think the variety of good played a factor in my getting sick. I learned an important lesson or two last night and wanted to share :-)

Thx for listening and any advice or feedback is appreciated :-)[/quote']

Thanks for updating us! I'm sorry you had to vomit, but I'm really glad for you that you finally got that restriction feeling. It puts the brakes on real fast! I'm with you on the drinking with the meal. It takes a REALLY conscious effort NOT to do it.

To be completely honest sometimes I have to take a drink. I have had foods so far that were extremely salty, too dry, and too spicy. Additionally, I can eat Cereal now which consists of food plus liquids.

I truly believe that the no drinking rule was set in place for a couple of reasons.

1) The liquids will get you full too quickly.

2) The food you just ate will pass through the sleeve much faster than without the liquids.

3) Many of us naturally choose drinks with calories in it or drinks with carbonation- all leading to less Protein being eaten.

To be completely honest sometimes I have to take a drink. I have had foods so far that were extremely salty' date=' too dry, and too spicy. Additionally, I can eat Cereal now which consists of food plus liquids.

I truly believe that the no drinking rule was set in place for a couple of reasons.

1) The liquids will get you full too quickly.

2) The food you just ate will pass through the sleeve much faster than without the liquids.

3) Many of us naturally choose drinks with calories in it or drinks with carbonation- all leading to less Protein being eaten.[/quote']

That's been the hardest part for me is not to drink and eat! I have forgotten a few times and I have regretted every time! The pain is awful! Even at 6 months out! I have to wait over an hr to drink after I eat. I have pain but also have noticed that I get hungry sooner if I don't wait at least an hr after I eat. Then sometimes I just forget to drink all together! Carbonated drinks r out of the question for me. I can't tolerate them at all:-(

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 154.8#(6/15)