Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Consult is Tomorrow!

Congrats on having a date Tracey!!! I wish it was sooner for you...but hey...you got a date!!! And it could be worse, it could be May or June!!! I'm marking it on my calendar so I dont forget!!

Spring will be here before you know it...I even saw a robin in my lilac bushes on Monday!! What better time for a surgery than Spring time....(besides NOW!!) Just consider the surgery your Spring...your own rebirth!!

*HUGS* To You!!!

Tracy,

I am so glad that you finally have a date! Well, at least you know that 4/26/07 is the latest that you get banded. You may get a call to be banded earlier. A friend of mine was on a cancellation list and got "bumped" up 4 weeks earlier. At least you know that there's an end in sight. I really am so happy for you. Take care-Gigi

Tracy,

I have been following your posts. And am soooo happy for you. :clap2:

Congrats on the date. You have worked hard for it. And it is all about to pay off.

Keep us info'd if anything changes and luck to you with your headstart on weightloss.

Take care,

Rosanna

Tracy: Congrats on your surgery date! The time will be here before you know it. Wishing you the best!

Congratulations Tracy :first: You'll be there in no time at all! My Doctor had me do the Atkins diet in preparation for my surgery. Supposedly it helps shrink the liver and somehow that helps with the laproscopic surgery. I wish you continued success towards your goal and date!!

Tracy,

April 26 will be here before you know it. I know how relieved you must feel to have your date set. I'm still on for Thursday but there have been a change in the plans.

The day after I paid Doctors Hospital, Dr. Malleys office called and said they are moving me to Heartland. I told them I already paid Doctors and couldn't pay Heartland until I get my money back from Doctors. I called Doctors and they are working on issuing me a refund. In the meantime, Dr. Malleys office assures me that Heartland will work with me knowing that I just paid Doctors. I am going to Heartland on Tuesday to do some pre-op work including an EKG. I am soooooo afraid Heartland will make me postpone my surgery until they get paid. I can't sleep at night I'm so worried about this.

Anyway, keep us posted on your journey. I'll be sure to check the other thread to keep in contact with you. Good luck.

Sharon

Your surgery was Friday how are you? I have a date to see the Dr. but I need to get the rest of the team scheduled for that day because I can't go that far twice. Audrey

Congratulations Tracey! I am excited for you.

Hopefully, the time will fly by. I have my first consult on March 1st and can't hardly wait.

I found this thread WAYYYYYYYYYY in the back, so I thought I would update everyone and maybe bump it for the newbies to relive my entire experience....

I did have my surgery on 4/26 as scheduled I am now 2.5 month out and have had 2 fills. Up until fill number two I have no to very little restriction and in laymans terms.........

Prior to banding I could eat 4 plates at a buffet, after fill number #1 I could eat 1 full plate, since fill number #2 I am happy to report that I get very full very fast and maybe eat 1/2 plate or less.

I have joined a gym and started exercising and since fill #2 I have been trying to make better choices.. cutting back on the crap.

Also for anyone just starting out. Realize that you don't need to go on a "farewell to food tour" like I did. You will have plenty of time to eat those things you love because you will have a bit of a wait for the coveted restriction. (unless you are one of the lucky ones)

For the last month I have been bouncing between 241 and 250. I've had vacations and family functions that I ate very badly on and I actually even went up a pound from fill 1 to fill 2. That has since stopped and this morning I am back at my signature low. It is so true what they say... YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH YOUR BAND! but the good thing is... you will never be able to PHYSICALLY lose yourself to a large pizza again....... if you overstuff.. it will come right back up and it is painful.

I hope everyone who reads this has a great day!

Tracy,

Thanks for the update. I just read all seven pages of this thread and it is so good to see how well everything turned out for you! I can't wait for my surgery at the end of the month...I just want to be recovering and starting a new life already, the waiting is tough!

Tracy, I too have been reading all your posts and find it interesting. I am awaiting my big day---7/17!! I live in Shawnee and will be going to KU med center w/ DR Selim. Can't wait!!! I hope to be as successful as many of you out there!

August 23rd Update!

I look back on the all the intro pages.. and I remember............ I WAS THAT PERSON :)

Now at 4 months post op, I am pretty comfortable... I do have restriction, but it has seemed like it loosened up in the last couple days.

My next appointment is Monday.. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to ask for a fill. I'm down 45 lbs and am in my old size 16's again!

Just a gut sucker undie away from my old Size 14 Levis.... which I'm trying to at least button by Labor Day. People at work are really noticing... but they say....

Hey Trace I see your losing weight again......... (I've went up and down the scale so MANY times before.. I just laugh and say... I'm TRYING or I'm gonna lose this weight ONE MORE TIME AND THATS IT!) Only one co-worker knows I had the band installed, as I just took 2 days off work... Surgery on Thursday back to my desk job on Monday.

This summer I've went on many vacations and buffets for our family are a way of life........ I'm TRYING to learn how to deal with only eating a small amount of food from them.... I just look around at all the skinny people there and realize that they eat a bit and push the rest away... and this is what I'm trying to train myself to do.. THINK LIKE A SKINNY PERSON...........

To all those reading this thread and just getting started.......... GOOD LUCK! I LOVE MY BAND!