Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I miss most after WLS...

The waiting 30 minutes before eating a meal...I'm fine with not drinking during or with the hour waiting after, but the stopping drinking 30 minutes before...

Me too! this is the hardest part and I haven't even fully adjusted yet

Me too! this is the hardest part and I haven't even fully adjusted yet

It just makes everything so planned...but I guess maybe that's not too bad a thing. Lol.

My surgeon has discontinued that practice, but still nothing during meal or for 30 minutes after.

My surgeon has discontinued that practice' date=' but still nothing during meal or for 30 minutes after.[/quote']

Interesting. I have to stop drinking 30 minutes before and wait an hour after...sems like every doctor has a different plan.

We 30 mins prior and 30 after an non during..I am 3 days post op and still on clears...so it really kinda all runs together... since my meals have been jello....30

I'm supposed to wait 30 minutes before and after, and of course, nothing with meals. I usually stop drinking 10-15 minutes before, and I usually end up waiting more than the 30 minutes after. I agree, this is probably the biggest adjustment for me, too, particularly having no liquids with meals.

I will be drinking up to the meal, when I get to start having meals. ;) In fact, if I'm particularly hungry, I'll be drinking COLD Water up until meal time. It's a "trick" I learned with the band...drinking cold water seems to "tighten" things up so that I feel full sooner.

Once I get my surgery I have to wait an hour after... I love Water, seems like this would be so hard..

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 6 weeks post op, and I was very worried about this myself. I always had a drink before during and after meals. I thought this would be an extremely hard thing for me to overcome, but I actually found it much easier then it sounded. I often times, just stop drinking, have my meal, and then realize I am past my time to have something to drink again. After a few weeks, you get so used to it, and it becomes so routine, that you forget that you are doing it that way. At least, thats how it is working out for me.

Once I get my surgery I have to wait an hour after... I love water' date=' seems like this would be so hard..

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

The waiting part isn't so bad. I'm an hour too. I find using the stopwatch on my phone helps keep me on track.

I've always been allowed to drink "up to" and then wait 30 minutes after....which I'm doing right now. I just had 4 oz of lean pork chop and 1/8 cup of cottage cheese and 1/8 cup of pork 'n Beans. I cannot imagine drinking now. When we are eating out, I try to get 2 glasses of ice Water in before the meal comes. I always need the water! After 3 years, this is just habit now!

To be honest, after I am finished eating I am too full to even consider drinking anything. Usually by 30-45 minutes the fullness is gone and I may take small sips. Usually I wait for an hour to pass.

I don't wait in either direction. I've never had a problem sipping with meals if I need to. I usually have a drink about 10 minutes or so maybe less after eating. As long as you don't down a full glass of something, it really isn't much of a problem.