Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im a picky eater need help with Protein drinks

I'm one of the most pickiest eater on earth probably, lol was just sleeve on Thursday need some ideas for GOOD Protein Shakes or drinks that are good and not just ok something I can tolerate..PLEASE HELP ME

Here's a list that I have bookmarked: http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/p/protein-shake-recipes.html

I'm still pre-op, but have been trying out some different combos. Maybe something on the list will sound good to you. Good luck!

I can't stand Protein Shakes and I am pre op May 6th. I actually bought some Protein Shots that are in test tubes 2.9oz each and have 25 grams of Protein in each. They are pricey almost 3 bucks each but I can actually tolerate the taste is I sip it over an hour and the protein has really been helping me with my energy level.

The only Protein Drink I can stomach is the chocolate flavored Premier Protein shake from costco (the vanilla flavor makes me gag). I can't drink it straight either, I have to dilute it with milk. So here is what works for me, dump the 11oz premier Protein Shake into a 16oz glass and fill the rest up with skim milk. It is yummy and goes down easy. Give it a try!

My doc said specifically to avoid the Special K products

I'm one of the most pickiest eater on earth probably' date=' lol was just sleeve on Thursday need some ideas for GOOD Protein shakes or drinks that are good and not just ok something I can tolerate..PLEASE HELP ME[/quote']

Only Protein Shakes I can drink with no problem are Ensure High Protein Shakes. Come pre-made and taste pretty good. Still drinking them every morning and I'm 4 months out. NUT approves of them too :)

Are the Special K Protein Shakes any good?

You definitely want to pay attention to the Protein content of whatever protein drink you choose. The nice thing about the Premier Protein shakes, they are 30g of protein per 11oz serving. That is the highest content I have found, aside from Isopure which for me tastes like sewage. You'll need to just experiment and find one that works best that your tummy and taste buds will be able to handle. If you like fruity flavored protein, Syntrax Nectar is pretty good. It has 23g of protein per serving and is in powder form that you have to blend rather than grab-n-go gal.

Generally, as a rule of thumb, when you are looking at things like Protein shakes, bars, yogurt and such look for a minimum of 10/1 ratio. For example, if it has 100 calories, it should have a minimum of 10 grams of Protein. 200, 20 grams, etc. Also, watch the sugars and carbs.

Good luck!

There is a clear liquid Protein broth from unjury called chicken Soup and it REALLY good.. BTW you can eat this one warm, and it taste EXACTLY like how you would want homemade chicken Soup to taste.

Try these flavors too.

If you like chocolate try Syntrax's nectar in chocolate Truffle. With Water it tastes like a YooHoo, with milk it tastes like a Wendy's milkshake.

I also have The nectar in Vanilla Bean torte (23gm protein) and I mix it up with 2 oz of blueberry kefir and 4 oz of milk (9gm protein). Kefir is 99% lactose free and has just as much Protein as milk.

If you like fruit juices try Unjury's strawberry Sorbet. Mix it with Water, lemonade, or milk and yogurt (strawberry cheesecake). I have made this one so many ways even into ice pops!

Of course all of these items are 0 carb and 0 fat too. You can get all of these in sample form the Vitamin Shoppe and Unjury.com

Looking for sleeve & bypass recipes from someone who actually had it AND tastes YUMMY?… go here… http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

I am picky and I hate every Protein drink I have tried to include Unjury anything and Syntrax Nectar etc ....However I am eating a Greek yogurt right now with 1/4 scoop unflavored unjury and it is almost undetectable which makes it good to me lol I am going to try for 1/2 a scoop tomorrow . I am 6 mos so I can eat most of my protein without supplementing but it is a PITA so I keep trying with the supplements.< /p>

Wrong thread but I can't delete Idk why

it's ok.... LOL :D