Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just submitted my paperwork

I thought I should introduce myself. I am a 47 DWF who is 5'5" and 247 lbs. I am a single working mama with an adult child and a 12 year old DD still at home. My daughter is active and outdoorsy. I would like to start being able to do the things she enjoys doing. I was just diagnosed with diabetes in November. Since then I have been ravenously hungry. This happened to my aunt when she was diagnosed and she just blew up. I am already 247 and I can ill afford to get fatter.

I have been doing a ton of research, thinking and praying about this decision and have finally decided to do it. I chose Dr. Garcia because of the lack of drama surrounding him and the testimonials of all of you. I submitted the paperwork to alma for Dr. Garcia's review. I am shooting for August.

There is a lot of personal work that I need to do ahead of time, most of which involves getting my head on straight. I need to deal with my addiction to both food and caffeine. I need to work out what is going on psychologically that is causing me to eat myself to death. I have to work on self discipline issues as well. If I have learned one thing from all of you is that the path I am choosing is not the easy road. I need to muster the wherewithal to be successful this time.

Two people at work are going to get sleeved too. I think that support system will be great for all of us. I am so thankful to all of you who have shared the good, the bad and the ugly so that I may make an informed decision. Since I am making the decisions and the arrangements, I want to do the right thing.

I am meeting with my Aunt Tuesday night to talk to her about financing my operation. We are really close because we have the same body, similar mind sets and we are more alike than my mom and I. I am hoping that since I am her sole beneficiary of her moderate estate that she will be willing to advance me the money for the surgery. She was childless due to PCOS so I am like her daughter. Super scared she will not want to put money towards something that has a chance of death and is taking place in a country with a scary reputation in her mind. I really thought my insurance would cover my surgery with its usual $200 deductible for surgery. I was shocked when they said my portion is $12K!!! Since I recently bought a house I am totally not prepared for more of an expense than a modest copayment.

Would you please pray for me to have the right words to say to my Aunt so she will be willing to give me the money. I worry that she will not want to do it because if anything goes wrong she will feel responsible. That makes sense she will feel thy way given her personality. I have considered just being general about why I need the money. I am all over the place.

Sigh. If I can get the financing and my head together then I am good to go. And they say this is the easy way!?!

Hugs and prayers sent your way.

Your Aunt sounds like a wonderful person, and so long as you and her have a close relationship, hopefully things will go well. Make sure you are prepared for any questions she may have, as many family members are scared about their loved ones having weight loss surgery, especially when having it done in Mexico. You need to be ready to explain that you have done your research, you are confident with your choice of surgery and surgeon and that you will be safe. Much luck and good wishes being sent your way, let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I hope you are able to work something out with your aunt! If all else fails, Ready4Achange has financing available through their website too....I'm going with Dr. Garcia as well on July 8th! I just broke the news to my parents...of course they were worried about the whole Mexico thing too...but if you give your aunt all the info you have gotten, showed them those who have been and had the procedure an how it went for them...pictures of the facilities/hotel, she should feel better about it...Good luck!

Actually, all of the Medical Tourism sites have financing available, but hopefully your aunt will be able to help you out.

Sent from my iPad using VST