Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

You're welcome! They are all very nice and very supportive. I

don't post there very much. They all seem to know each other

very well, and for some reason, I feel a little more comfortable

here.

Audree, I had the worse experience last night that started

with a PB from fish. My daughter works at the hospital, so

I went there to have dinner with her. The fish looked really

good. It ended up being very dry. I thought a little bit of

tarter sauce would help it go down. I had to run to the bathroom

because it got stuck immediately. I thought that was the end of

it. I ended up throwing up for 2 hours at home. No food, just

white foam.(Sorry, too much information):cry But it wouldn't stop. I was really scared. Finally, it stopped. Before bed I had a little bit of herbal tea, and I have been on liquids all day today. That really freaked me out!

I am still getting a fill at the beginning of Sept. I haven't lost anything

since my last fill. :whoo:I think a little bit more and I will be able to start losing again. I hope so.

UGGGG!!!! I had my first and only, so far anyway, PB on fish and it was gross. I only "threw up" once though and slime was coming up and I spit it out.

I haven't had much problems being tight. I do eat less maybe about 1200-1400 calories a day. It still seems like a lot of food to me, but when I think back on how much I used to eat...

It is a big difference in portions and amounts. I remember going on 1200 a day calorie diets and DYING!!!

I would like to get another small fill. I have not been getting stuck. I did lose another pound, putting me back at my all time low while banded, 164. I had hit 164 before but then yo yo'd to 169 for a few months.

If I do continue to lose, I will keep this fill until I don't lose anymore.

I am also going to buy my QuickSlim30 again. I used it at the beginning of being banded and lost my weight then. When I stopped using it, I stopped losing. So, I am going to be buying it again in a few weeks.

How are you all doing???

And... I still need to exercise regularly. I have been doing it here and there... but not enough. Thank God school starts Sept 5.

What did the doc say? Is this a normal reaction if something gets stuck? :cry

I never did call the dr. because it finally did stop. I don't really get why

I kept throwing up the white foam after the bite of fish came up.

I have been on liquids ever since. I have always heard to do liquids

for 24 hours after a pb episode, and since this one was really bad, I

decided to stay on Liquid Protein longer to let things settle down

inside. Plus, I was not as hungry as I thought I would be on liquids, so I

just stayed on them.

I think I might drop a few lbs from doing this. I am not really hungry

and 4 Protein Drinks per day is only 800 calories.

Usually, when I don't lose anything for a long time, all of a sudden, I

will drop 5 lbs. I think I am about ready to do that again.

Way to go Pam! Congratulations! :clap2::whoo: :clap2: I've chatted with you before because I am the same BMI bordering 35-37 depending on the time of the month! I am not banded yet but am thinking about this most of the time and I think that ....how can you not lose weight? You will be eating portions that are European size now instead of the all American eat till you drop size portions that I know I eat. I think the best part is possibly that this "tool" will help with the yo yo dieting we all experience. I don't think you can put on that 20 so easily if you are eating smaller portions consistently. Of course liquid calories are counterproductive but I think even having an occasional latte or whatever can't make up for the portions you used to eat! I'm excited for you too! Keep us posted !

Hi all,

I am back after going away for a week to visit my dad in

Arizona. He doesn't know about the band so it was tricky

to eat in front of him.

I have to go weigh myself! I am a slave to the scale. I thought

I had lost a couple lbs on my dad's scale, but then I took

him to the dr. I weighed on his scale right before I left, and then

on the dr. 's scale, and the dr. scale showed what I weigh at

home.

I am getting another fill the first week in Sept. I haven't lost

anything since my last fill. I think I only need slightly more, and

I will be just right.

Denise we are both struggling for each pound, it is so hard when you see everyone on this forum losing like crazy and we just DON'T! I hope you see some progress with your next fill. (I go in on Friday for my 3rd fill and hopefully I will see some downward movement on the scale too)...keep me posted on your progress.

Where are all the lower bmiers?????????????

Audree, I'm here, I lurk daily just don't post I think i'm in a "funk" because I keep seeing people who have only been banded for a month or two and are down 40-50 lbs and I feel so defeated!

NSV for me recently though....I went on a week's vacation Cruise (which means food and ice cream galore) and didn't gain an ounce! I have a few "stuck" episodes in front of the stepkids who don't know i'm banded, but just told them I ate too big of a bite and didn't chew well enough and they are too self absorbed (they are teenagers) so didn't question it.

This week i'm going to focus on exercise, getting more Water and Protein and see if it makes the scale move...I also have an appointment for my 3rd fill on Friday so hopefully that will get some things moving. In the meantime I keep lurking and getting motivation off of these great victories from everyone on here and praying that I see some changes and start to feel better and healthier and can spend more time with my 3 year old.

Renee:faint:

Denise we are both struggling for each pound, it is so hard when you see everyone on this forum losing like crazy and we just DON'T! I hope you see some progress with your next fill. (I go in on Friday for my 3rd fill and hopefully I will see some downward movement on the scale too)...keep me posted on your progress.

Thanks! It is really hard when so many others are losing so quickly. I just

have to keep telling myself that there is no way possible for me to

stop losing with the size of portions I am eating now.

I recently met someone that was banded 3 years ago and is still losing.

I decided the band never stops working.............

I am still doing liquid Protein. I better see some difference tomorrow!

Renee: I was just wondering if you found your clothes were fitting better? I know my weight doesn't change lately but I'm pre banded but I do notice when I lose weight I feel smaller and clothes fit better even tho scale doesn't catch it. Are you getting restriction or are you hungry alot?

thanks

m

I watched all the episodes of Big Medicine on The Learning Channel and the lap band doctor said that he wants his patients to lose slow (like 1-2 pounds a month) and that weight loss should take 2-3 years after banding. I would be thrilled to keep losing weigh, even slowly over the next 2 years.

We just recently returned from a cruise where my daughter was married during a port stop in Jamaica. I felt like I ate WAY too much and was so nervous about weighing when I got back. Scheduled and had a fill last Thursday that put me up to 2.6cc. I did go to the fitness center each day on the cruise and spent 30 minutes on the treadmill. And then each morning I started off with 2 laps around the top of the ship. When I weighed in back home - no gain but no loss. I was thrilled with that result, because I did try a "taste" of all the delicious deserts. I just couldn't eat big portions which was fine with me.

It's great to hear from all of you. Thanks for the support and encouragment!

Terry<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Renee: I was just wondering if you found your clothes were fitting better? I know my weight doesn't change lately but I'm pre banded but I do notice when I lose weight I feel smaller and clothes fit better even tho scale doesn't catch it. Are you getting restriction or are you hungry alot?

thanks

m

My clothes are fitting better actually, I have lost a couple of inches...which is weird considering i'm at the SAME weight for over 2 months! I don't have alot of restriction though and I do feel hungry alot-although it varies day to day...like this am for instance I had a Protein Shake with my cup of coffee and by 11am I was starving so I had a piece of cheese and a bottle of water...normally this would hold me over until a late 1:30-2pm lunch but I was starving again by 1pm so I had a bowl of Cereal.< /p>

I watched all the episodes of Big Medicine on The Learning Channel and the lap band doctor said that he wants his patients to lose slow (like 1-2 pounds a month) and that weight loss should take 2-3 years after banding. I would be thrilled to keep losing weigh, even slowly over the next 2 years.

We just recently returned from a cruise where my daughter was married during a port stop in Jamaica. I felt like I ate WAY too much and was so nervous about weighing when I got back. Scheduled and had a fill last Thursday that put me up to 2.6cc. I did go to the fitness center each day on the cruise and spent 30 minutes on the treadmill. And then each morning I started off with 2 laps around the top of the ship. When I weighed in back home - no gain but no loss. I was thrilled with that result, because I did try a "taste" of all the delicious deserts. I just couldn't eat big portions which was fine with me.

It's great to hear from all of you. Thanks for the support and encouragment!

Terry<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Good job! That is definitely a NSV! Yes I would be happy with a 1-2 lb a month weight loss too...ANYTHING would be better than what i've had...nothing...:omg:

Hey Group!!!

Just got my www.unjury.com Protein and it is SIMPLY AWESOME!!! I'm ready to rock now, cause' i'm getting my protein in and it tastes G-O-O-D!!!! With my first fill (2cc's in a 4cc band), I am VERY tight in the morning and so I drink a Protein Shake in the morning (about 350 calories) and Soup at lunch and a lite dinner (usually veggies and a little fish).

I can't imagine what anymore fill would feel like! I'm TOTALLY satisfied after a little bit of food...at least physically...mentally is another story!

I'm training for walking a 10k marathon, so exercise is a definite at this point.

Let's keep encouraging each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whoo:

Audree, I'm here, I lurk daily just don't post I think i'm in a "funk" because I keep seeing people who have only been banded for a month or two and are down 40-50 lbs and I feel so defeated!

NSV for me recently though....I went on a week's vacation Cruise (which means food and ice cream galore) and didn't gain an ounce! I have a few "stuck" episodes in front of the stepkids who don't know i'm banded, but just told them I ate too big of a bite and didn't chew well enough and they are too self absorbed (they are teenagers) so didn't question it.

This week i'm going to focus on exercise, getting more Water and Protein and see if it makes the scale move...I also have an appointment for my 3rd fill on Friday so hopefully that will get some things moving. In the meantime I keep lurking and getting motivation off of these great victories from everyone on here and praying that I see some changes and start to feel better and healthier and can spend more time with my 3 year old.

Renee:faint:

Yeah, I wish I could have lost all my weight by now, but at least I know it is gone forever!!

I guess that is why I don't post everyday either because if I am at a plateau or gaining and losing the same few pounds, I don't feel like I am making progress.

But, I still come to get support. I think I need another very small fill. I should be losing. I know that I need to exercise and I will probably start to lose again when I do.

Thanks for responding to me!!! I post and sometimes no one responds so I don't feel like I am part of the loop anymore.

I know it has to do with me being gone for a few months, but I hope to get a group of people to be accountable again.

Oh well!!! Take care!!! Audree

Audree, don't think for one minute we don't miss you when you don't post.

It's actually nice to see others struggle and not just have the weight melt off.

It makes me feel like I am doing something wrong, when I know I do what everyone tells me to do. I get a fill at the beginning of Sept.

Can anyone tell me what they're doing to keep from being constipated?

(too much information, I know) I try to eat some fruit, take Fiber caplets, have been trying metamucil, I put benefiber in my Water, etc. Nothing seems to help.