Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Welcome, Jane! And congrats on your success so far--good for you taking control of your life and setting great and achievable goals. Good luck on your journey--you are doing great!

-Hi my name is Jane D. I was banded in Mexico on 1-19-07 and weighed 212. I am now down to 183. I have had one fill in March, 2cc.

I am female 39 and waiting to enjoy the rest of my life!!

My starting BMI was 34.2 and I think it is 29.9 right now.

HI Jane, Welcome!

You were banded after me, and we started out at the exact same weight. We also have the same amount of fill.

You have already lost more than me. My surgery was 12-29.

I am really having trouble losing, even though I do everything they told me to do. I think it's because I am 54 and on hormones.

Anyway, you're doing great! Do you have any problems with food sticking? I am afraid to have my 3rd fill, because of the way food sticks all the time.

Lower BMI Bandsters I need some advice.

My surgery date is counting down and (yes i'm getting scared) i'm worried about my weight loss-i'm supposed to lose 12 lbs by the 9th of May and i've only lost 3 lbs. I have a really hard time losing weight, that's why I am getting the band - to help me. I've been drinking a slimfast for Breakfast & lunch and having a lean cuisine for dinner. To curb the hunger pains...and there are ALOT, I eat celery. I have eaten two packages of celery in the past three days-that's alot of munching...i'm drinking tea every day all day long trying to keep my hunger at bay too...i'm NOT drinking alot of Water due to the fact that i'm drinking tea, but I was told that since it is clear that is equates to drinking water...however as you can see I am not losing very fast. I'm so afraid if I don't lose enough weight my liver won't be shrunken enough to make for an easy surgery and quick recovery. Any advice/experience etc would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

I say leave the slimfast alone. I think the slimfast is a waste of calories have an few eggs scrambled with cheese instead for breakfast. salad with meat for lunch and some kind of vegetable with chicken or steak for dinner. have the celery for a mid morning snack and an apple for a mid afternoon snack. don't forget a string cheese or yogurt for your dairy. If you're still hungry eat more protien. You'll be where you need to be in no time.

Hope this helps.:hungry:

HI Jane, Welcome!

You were banded after me, and we started out at the exact same weight. We also have the same amount of fill.

You have already lost more than me. My surgery was 12-29.

I am really having trouble losing, even though I do everything they told me to do. I think it's because I am 54 and on hormones.

Anyway, you're doing great! Do you have any problems with food sticking? I am afraid to have my 3rd fill, because of the way food sticks all the time.

One of my biggest problems is pb ing to much. I guess it is because food gets stuck. I've really had to concentrate on eating slowwwwly and taking baby bites. I think it is a viscious cycle. We get food stuck and it irritates the area making it swell if we don't let it rest we will keep getting food stuck and for me PB.

I can't figure out the right combination. I am trying to take it is for a couple of days of liquid.< /p>

Do you exercise at all. I know exercise is a BIG part of my losing weight.

Janed

O

Do you exercise at all. I know exercise is a BIG part of my losing weight.

Janed

I exercise every day except Monday. I read to take one day off per week so I take Mondays off because it's my hardest work day. I started exercising 3 years ago every day, doing a lot of cardio and weight training, in my last attempt to lose weight. I didn't lose then either, so I decided to get banded.

I am going to get another small fill next month. I think I can still eat too much. When food gets stuck, it's because I took too big of a bite. It's really hard to learn to take tiny nibbles when I was so used to wolfing my food down.

I exercise every day except Monday. I read to take one day off per week so I take Mondays off because it's my hardest work day. I started exercising 3 years ago every day, doing a lot of cardio and weight training, in my last attempt to lose weight. I didn't lose then either, so I decided to get banded.

I'm suprised you aren't losing more with all the exercising. Our bodies can be so strange.

If you are doing everything right, which it sounds like you are, the results will come. I am so impatient, I'd like to lose 5 lb a week. But i guess the 1-2 lbs a week is the safer approach.

One day we will look back and not even remember the agony we went through to achieve our weight loss goal!!!

Keep in touch - best of luck - we all need each other. It is so re assuring to hear everyones storys.:)

I have another fill scheduled for 5-21. I have heard so many people say they really didn't start losing until after 3 fills. I have to hope this will help me. The last time I got a fill, I lost 3 lbs. I hope it helps this time too.

Sounds like you are really hanging in there with your diet. Are you exercising? That might help get you going. Some doctors (including mine) don't require a pre-diet to shrink the liver. I ate regular food up until midnight before surgery, had surgery at a surgery center, and went home four hours after I was wheeled into surgery. I was back at work on the 5th day after surgery. No problems from my liver not being shrunk. Every dr. is different and it's so important to follow their protocol but I just wanted you to know that you will most likely be fine if you aren't able to lose all the weight you are supposed to before surgery. BTW, I started at about your weight as well. Good luck to you!

Thanks! The nutritionist called to check in with me but I missed her call and emailed her...her response was to go to their estore and buy their online products then I have a guaranteed weight loss so I don't think they are too concerned about it either (maybe because i'm a lower BMI?). I'm just following the preop instructions that were sent to me to ensure a successful recovery period.

I say leave the slimfast alone. I think the slimfast is a waste of calories have an few eggs scrambled with cheese instead for breakfast. salad with meat for lunch and some kind of vegetable with chicken or steak for dinner. have the celery for a mid morning snack and an apple for a mid afternoon snack. don't forget a string cheese or yogurt for your dairy. If you're still hungry eat more protien. You'll be where you need to be in no time.

Hope this helps.:hungry:

thanks, everyone is so encouraging here. I feel so defeated when it comes to weight loss and part of me really doesn't feel the band is going to work either and i'm trying to shake that feeling and find hope, but i'm afraid I will be disappointed.

Do the best you can. I had Ortiz, too. You will have a great experience with him. Celery is supposed to be -calories so that is good! I wish I could still eat it but it doesn't go down good anymore. I would try to stop the tea for a few days to see if that makes a difference. Some say tea increases the appetite and dehydrates you. Drink alot of Water instead.

Did Ortiz have you do the preop diet? Like I said earlier because i'm a lower BMI I didn't HAVE to have the Nutrition consult ahead of time, but she called me last week to check in to see if I needed any Q's answered and I missed her call, but emailed her with my concern over lack of weight loss and she didn't seem concerned so i'm starting to think it probably won't matter-maybe due to the lower BMI? Maybe because i'm trying it will reduce the liver regardless of actual weight loss...I dunno so I thought i'd ask you guys...I know other people-quite higher BMI's who went to Mexico and ate like crazy up to the day they took and had NO issues (which I would never do as i'm too neurotic about my health) I also want to be back to work within 6 days (I have a sedentary desk job) so I think it's doable and I've had a C-section in the past and recovered quite quickly and stop taking pain meds after the first day home from the hospital.

Did Ortiz have you do the preop diet? Like I said earlier because i'm a lower BMI I didn't HAVE to have the Nutrition consult ahead of time, but she called me last week to check in to see if I needed any Q's answered and I missed her call, but emailed her with my concern over lack of weight loss and she didn't seem concerned so i'm starting to think it probably won't matter-maybe due to the lower BMI? Maybe because i'm trying it will reduce the liver regardless of actual weight loss...I dunno so I thought i'd ask you guys...I know other people-quite higher BMI's who went to Mexico and ate like crazy up to the day they took and had NO issues (which I would never do as i'm too neurotic about my health) I also want to be back to work within 6 days (I have a sedentary desk job) so I think it's doable and I've had a C-section in the past and recovered quite quickly and stop taking pain meds after the first day home from the hospital.

I was a lower bmi patient and they put me on preop with Dr. Ortiz. I had one shake in the morning and a South Beach Frozen dinner for lunch and dinner, plus plenty of Water.< /p>

Sorry that I have not posted in a while. I went back to work and don't get on the computer much anymore.

Here is where I am:

I had a second fill a few weeks ago putting me at 2.4 cc's in a 4 cc band. Believe it or not, I didn't feel any difference really till a few days ago. I don't know why for me, I don't feel my fills for about 3 weeks. I felt a pressure in my chest a few times when eating too fast, but no pb or sliming.

I am at a standstill with my weight, fluctuating a few pounds up and down. I last weighed at 167 a couple of days ago. My lowest was 164 but somehow I gained 3 pounds back.

I have been eating what ever I want.

But, I have been thinking lately that I didn't spend this much money to just eat whatever I want!!!!!

I have started having a nice salad for lunch and dinner on most days.

I also upped my Protein. I was eating far too many carbs and those make my hunger go haywire for some reason I feel like a bottomless pit!

I want to go back on South Beach. I am pointing more in that direction in my eating again so let's see if I start to lose again!

Besides that all is well!!! The site looks cool. When did they update it? Anything really different or is it the same?

How are you all doing?? Audree

Audrey I have been using the quickslim30 for two weeks and have dropped 8lbs!

Audrey I have been using the quickslim30 for two weeks and have dropped 8lbs!

You know that I did the best when I was using them. I have not bought them and tried to use some cheaper ones, but I am at a standstill. I am just going to have to break down and buy them.

Congrats!!!

<p>I am curious about the Quickslim30. Do you only take 1 a day? I am considering trying something to help get this last 10 lbs off. I had stalled at 170 for weeks, finally started losing again, and now I am dealing with being unfilled (due to a major overfill). I have been unfilled for 4 weeks, and wont get a fill again for 2 more weeks. I would love to try the Quickslim30.....</p>

also.....do you order online?