Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hey!!

You started your solids today! I read here that it all went well.That's great to hear! I wish I lived closer to you so I can go to the gym with you! LOL!! I think it's time for me to get moving too,it's been 7 weeks since my LBL.I see you're motivating alot of people here.I'm so happy for you.You're doing great.Hey can I be part of your low BMI group.My BMI is now 24 !! LOL!!! Down from 50!!!

PS Don't mind my ticker,I'm computer stupid and don't know how to update it! LOL!!

WHAT I ATE TODAY:

coffee with Splenda and 1 cup low carb soy

5 small bites of an egg,

1/4 cup of tuna with mayo, onion and Tomato,

1 string cheese stick

1/2 cup of lean steak with mushrooms for dinner

1/4 cup black Beans with melted cheddar cheese

(Ate all with no problems; no pb's)

Liquids: 24 ounces crystal light

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk liquid Vitamin

My first day of solids and South Beach! I didn't feel hungry or deprived. I didn't have to count calories and I know I got a lot of Protein in!!

And it was all so good, tasty and satisfying. I feel like I ate so much today, but in reality I think it was like 800 give or take calories.

Hey!!

You started your solids today! I read here that it all went well.That's great to hear! I wish I lived closer to you so I can go to the gym with you! LOL!! I think it's time for me to get moving too,it's been 7 weeks since my LBL.I see you're motivating alot of people here.I'm so happy for you.You're doing great.Hey can I be part of your low BMI group.My BMI is now 24 !! LOL!!! Down from 50!!!

PS Don't mind my ticker,I'm computer stupid and don't know how to update it! LOL!!

Welcome!!! You are doing awesome! The way you update the ticker is you go back to tickerfactory.com and if you didn't choose a code, choos one and update your stats.

what are your new stats? Do you have any advise for me starting out on solids? Also, what do you think the daily caloric intake should be? I could in no way eat more than i did and it was only like at 800 or so.

Thanks for joining!!! I love to have people who have been banded longer help us newbies out!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

WOW!!! I just saw you weigh 124!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How tall are you??? That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you eat? How many pounds did you lose a week? Did you plateau? Any words of wisdom???????

Thanks!!!

Mornin' Bandsters,

I want to find out if anyone has ever tried or personally know someone who has tried a product called Colonix, a natural colon cleanser.

One of the differerences I've noticed between the liquid phase and the solid food phase, is that some of my ailments have returned. I've been having increased tissue swelling, arthritic joint pain, and allergy symptons even though I haven't regained any of the weight lost.

So, I said to myself, "Self, the only thing that has changed is your food intake." Instantly, I remembered one of my Mom's close friends mentioning colon cleansing to me a few years ago, but I kinda took with a grain of salt. Needless to say, I'm now interested.

Anyways, I started doing some Internet research on the colon and learned that the colon, or rather years of built up waste and toxins in the colon, can cause a host of problems such as fatigue and low energy, bloating, excess weight, food allergies, headaches, skin problems, rashes and the list goes on. And, of course, this Colonix is supposed to rid your body of built up waste.

So, if you have any information you can share either about colon cleansing or the Colonix product, I would definitely appreciate it. Since this might be a sensitive subject for some, you can send me a private message if you would prefer.

Randi,

I don't know anything about that particular product, but I have friends who routinely go and get colonics. There is a nurse here who has her own spa and performs them apparently with great success. It not only helps you lose weight, but increase the mood because it detoxifies. The only issue with having someone do a colon cleansing is that you have to make sure your practitioner has done a lot of them and has a good track record, because the colon can be perforated in the hands of an inexperienced practitioner. I hear the over the counter products don't work quite as well, and you can get the same effects, (diarrhea), by drinking warm prune juice mixed with milk of magnesia.

Today is day 2 of solids and I am feeling good!

I felt tight in the morning.

This is what I ate today so far on my South Beach plan.

Breakfast: coffee with 1/2 cup of plain soymilk

Lunch: 2 crab cakes with mayo/relish

Snack: 2 string cheese

Liquids: 24 ounces of Crystal Light,

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk liquid vitamins

I am making sure I am chewing a lot and swallowing a tiny bit at a time as I chew, chew, chew!!!

I am aiming for 1200 calories.

I don't know if you recognized me..............it's me Lisa from the Rancho meeting.Sorry I didn't say that in my post!

Welcome!!! You are doing awesome! The way you update the ticker is you go back to tickerfactory.com and if you didn't choose a code, choos one and update your stats.

what are your new stats? Do you have any advise for me starting out on solids? Also, what do you think the daily caloric intake should be? I could in no way eat more than i did and it was only like at 800 or so.

Thanks for joining!!! I love to have people who have been banded longer help us newbies out!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hello my BMI was 36 when I started I have lost 28lbs and I am at a stand still I go for a fill on 1-30 so maybe thath will help I dont have much restriction right now. Hopefully that will help plus the fact that I will be starting to exercise this next week.

I don't know if you recognized me..............it's me Lisa from the Rancho meeting.Sorry I didn't say that in my post!

Hey Buddy!!!

I am so glad you want to join! This way we can keep up with each other easier!!!

I am on day 2 solids and am feeling good! I had two crab cakes for lunch no prob!

How are you doing? I called you the other day. I wasn't sure if I got the right number.

Hello my BMI was 36 when I started I have lost 28lbs and I am at a stand still I go for a fill on 1-30 so maybe thath will help I dont have much restriction right now. Hopefully that will help plus the fact that I will be starting to exercise this next week.

Hi! Congrats on the 28 pound weight loss!!! That is great!

When did you get banded? I am GOING to start exercising on Monday. I need to keep telling myself that!

How many calories are you having a day? I started using fitday.com to kinda give me and idea.

Audree,

Glad solids are working for you. I'm glad that we are able to eat "normal" food. I am so tired of dieting and then falling off because I want to eat something that is not in a package. I'm looking forward to being banded.

Did everyone dance. We had a great time. We cleaned and danced around the house. Good thing we're not on one of the reality TV shows!!!

My kids give me great joy - sometimes I just hate that I don't have the endurance they do.

They are going skating next weekend and they have a Superbowl birthday party to go to (They are (g)10/(g)8/(b)8). I hope once I'm banded I can get out there and skate with them, without having pains in my knees and running out of breath.

Keep up the good work all. Have a great evening.

Bikergirl, You will be out there with them skating in no time.

Audree, You are doing great. Keep up the good work. The gym is calling your name tomorrow. lol You can do it!!! We know you can.

Hello All,

I am a lower BMI bandster. I was banded on August 3, 2006 in Toronto. I have lost 20 lbs so far, it is very slow but people at a lower weight do lose slower. I am trying to be patient, giving myself a year to lose the weight. I am close to the midpoint now. My starting weight was 187 lbs (I am 5'8") and I am now 167 lbs. My goal is to be 145 lbs. So I have another 22 to go. I am sure I will get there by summertime! What I have realized so far on this journey, is that the band very much is a tool. It is I who must make smarter food choices, which is hard to do since often times it is the "bad stuff" that goes down easily! It is I who must make the effort to exercise five times a week and to do so consistently. I think I needed the band to help me realize that I have had the determination and will to become a healthier person in me all along...and for that I am thankful. Something that I've tried this year that would like to share is moksha yoga. It is yoga in a heated room 0f 37 degrees celsius (not sure what that is in farenheit since Im from Canada!..hehe) Anyways, it is such a great workout--it's cardio and toning as well. In a one hour and half session, you can burn between 500 and 700 calories!! I absolutely love it...it increases circulation, detoxifies and makes you feel great. I've been going now for two weeks and I'm hoping it will help me on my weight loss journey...not just for losing but toning too. Well there is my little blurb as a lower BMI bandster...good luck to all:)

Sandy

187/168/145

Sandy,

I have just started Yoga myself, not hotbox yoga, but just regular yoga. I like it because of the stretching, it makes me feel great!

I think that is 98 F which is really hot, does it feel really hot? I think that would make me tired. But, it also might feel really good, especially when it is sooooo cold outside.

Hi Jane,

Congrats on your weight loss...38lbs is awesome...way to go! Well the yoga room is certainly hot...and can be very intimidating at first. But once you get used to it, you're okay. It almost feels like you're on a beach on a very hot day (but without the sunburn!). It does make you feel tired, but there are a lot of resting postures to help you get through the class. The great part is, I know this may sound gross, is sweating so much! I am just drenched afterwards, but that certainly helps with the weight loss. Most moksha yoga places have trial weeks or classes so try it out and see how you feel....good luck with it!

Sandy