Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I am not sure how the challenges work... but I kinda want to stick with you since we started at the same time. I am kinda attached to you, LOL.

Thats okay!!! We all know how we work and what motivates us! You can still post your stats and stuff. Maybe you can have the daily challenge of the un-diet or something like that where people can be accountalbe if they want to be.

What do you think?

I was a total pig the week before surgery. My doctor did not want me to do that, but I did. I even ate on the plane down to Mexico. I am a pathetically weak person when it comes to food. Even when I know it is bad I just seem to be really self destructive about it.

I will also say bikergirl360, if your husband is honest but not rude, that is what I would prefer too.

I'm so excited for you that I wrote it on my calendar - I don't know if you should try to eat right or try to eat what you can??? I'm so on the fence. I know I will be restricted with what I can eat, so I've been eating different things that I know I won't be able to eat later. But when I'm not hungry but that voice in my head says "I'm hungry feed me Veronica" - I grab a Soup @ Hand or more Water. Did anyone else have this problem?

Q: What did you do the week before surgery? Did you eat all you could or did you try to eat correct?:hungry:

I'm so excited for you that I wrote it on my calendar - I don't know if you should try to eat right or try to eat what you can??? I'm so on the fence. I know I will be restricted with what I can eat, so I've been eating different things that I know I won't be able to eat later. But when I'm not hungry but that voice in my head says "I'm hungry feed me Veronica" - I grab a Soup @ Hand or more Water. Did anyone else have this problem?

Q: What did you do the week before surgery? Did you eat all you could or did you try to eat correct?:hungry:

The week before I had a pre op diet of a Protein Shake for Breakfast and a Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner.

But, before my pre op diet, I was on the official UN DIET!!!!!

I am not sure how the challenges work... but I kinda want to stick with you since we started at the same time. I am kinda attached to you, LOL.

I am attached to you too!!! I really am!!! Even if you are on the Susan Beach Diet, I hope you will still post with me!!! I have created a special thread for it. We are band sisters!!!:clap2:

Okay Audree I will look for the thread.... but can you help me cheat and tell me where the thread is? I am lazy....

I had a pre-op diet too, same as Audree so I stuck to that, pretty much. we scheduled our surgeries so quickly, we didn't have much time to do the "last meals" but did do a couple. Luckily, they were all pretty awful. The "last meal" at Outback was awful. My hubby's steak was overdone, etc.

I would still be able to eat those places, so now, doing the "last meals" seems pretty silly. I went to Olive Garden right before my last fill. Now, I don't really see the point, although the commericals still look awesome. I couldn't eat enough to make it worthwhile, probably.

If the "last mealS" should take place, it would be right before the fill that takes you to your "sweet spot" which is where (I think) I am now, but I didn't knw before that fill that this would be the case. Besides, if I really want to, I can still eat anything I want. Granted, it would just be a little bit, but so what, really. Does it matter if I eat 4oz of steak or 16 oz of steak, as long as I am eating a wonderfully cooked steak?

That being said, we really cook at home more now than ever before. My hubby wanted to go out the other night (we are both banded) but I wasn't able to eat that day (too tight) so I said we could go out, but I would only eat Soup, he said it wasn't worth it. So, actually, we are saving money on going out to eat. Of couse, I have to buy new clothes all the time, so it is a trade off. On the plus side, next week, I'm going shoppping because I noticed today that my 12's are loose Yea, ha!

I have only been banded a little while but I have already saved so much money on food and eating out that I can't believe it.

I also can't believe how long food lasts when you eat the right amount of it! I am going to have to be really careful when shopping. I am single and if I buy what I ate before I am going to be throwing it all out.

Alright peeps, I am going to bed... Have a great night!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">If I am suppose to lose 60 pounds and my bmi is 3? I would be considered lower bmi??? People with less amount to lose have a harder time. For the love of God Almighty I hope that explains why I am not losing. i am a new bandster and have had 1 fill almost 2 wks ago. I'm just not losing, but my clothes are more loose i've noticed. I have restriction, but pounds are not leaving. i'm going out of my mind. Anyway if less to lose takes longer maybe there is a beam of light. Pray for me ya'll...my prayers aren't working. lol

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BikerGirl, I ate like a pig right up until my day of banding. I got banded right after Christmas, so the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas I just ate whatever I wanted to. My doctor never said I had to do any kind of preop diet, so I didn't.

Audree, when in the heck are you going to weigh??? You have us all in suspense!! Also, please direct us to the South Beach thread. I am very computer illiterate. I don't even know how to do a link.

I didn't weigh today. I weighed myself most days since banding though. I just couldn't stand it. I've lost 15 lbs since 12-29 but I am really afraid of gaining between now and when I get my fill on 2-12

The last two nights I have really had no appetite. I already had my Protein in for the day, so all I have had for dinner was a dannon light and fit liquid yogurt. I hope this continues until I get my fill.

It is kind of scarey to think about eating and the thought of PBing. I have read so much about that, and about foods that aren't band friendly. I don't want to have to find out the hard way about what's not band friendly. I only have one more day on liquids. I would have never thought I could make it through 4 weeks on liquids. I remember telling the nurse right before surgery how afraid I was to be on a liquid diet. I am happy to say it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I can't wait for all of the rest of you to get your bands. I love this group. You are all the greatest!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

BikerGirl, I would say enjoy eating what you want, but remember that whatever you gain from it, you will have to lose it back. I kept that in mind and I didn't go too overboard because I didn't want to add to what I needed to lose. bread is hard for me now, so if I had known that I would have had more sandwiches. lol I love sandwiches. :-(

It is sooo worth it.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">If I am suppose to lose 60 pounds and my bmi is 3? I would be considered lower bmi??? People with less amount to lose have a harder time. For the love of God Almighty I hope that explains why I am not losing. i am a new bandster and have had 1 fill almost 2 wks ago. I'm just not losing, but my clothes are more loose i've noticed. I have restriction, but pounds are not leaving. i'm going out of my mind. Anyway if less to lose takes longer maybe there is a beam of light. Pray for me ya'll...my prayers aren't working. lol

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

If you have 60 pounds to lose, you probably are a lower bmi. How tall are you and what do you weigh? I think you mistyped the bmi.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">If I am suppose to lose 60 pounds and my bmi is 3? I would be considered lower bmi??? People with less amount to lose have a harder time. For the love of God Almighty I hope that explains why I am not losing. i am a new bandster and have had 1 fill almost 2 wks ago. I'm just not losing, but my clothes are more loose i've noticed. I have restriction, but pounds are not leaving. i'm going out of my mind. Anyway if less to lose takes longer maybe there is a beam of light. Pray for me ya'll...my prayers aren't working. lol

Are you logging your food? Exercising yet? You might benefit from measuring your food as well so you can actually see what you are eating.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Good morning everybody!,

Just got back from Mexico. I had my first fill with Dr Rumbaut. I saw my band and my pouch under Flouro, and everything looks good. I didn't realize my pouch was up so high, so where I thought I was getting stuck, it is actually where my pouch is...interesting. I had some restriction from the surgery, and now I have a little more. Had a serious PB last night, because I was at the airport so late, and tried to eat chicken wings in about 3 bites, (I allowed myself to get too hungry), luckily, I made it to the bathroom. Am eating slower, practicing those bandster rules. Elsa, Dr. Rumbaut's nutritionist, went over everything with me again. She's great with visuals. I think I am going to follow her advise, and put a bandster portion on my plate, then eat that. Even though the PB happened last night, I put myself back on liquids this am. They say everytime you PB, you should go back to liquids for at least one meal because the stoma is irritated. Genius and everybody else, have you heard of papaya enzyme tablets? They are great when you're stuck, they're chewable and taste good, help with digestion, and will help you get unstuck. They sell them at GNC. I feel wonderful this am. Am going for a walk, then shopping. Will check back later on.

Serious,

Thanks for the advice on the enzymes. I am a big enzyme supplement fan! Good idea, didn't think of it in this context.

I am glad your fill went well with the doctor and I feel ya on the PB thing. I was liquids for several hours after my PB. Definitely didn't feel like eating anything solid or mushy.

Glad you are feeling so good!