Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

okay. so i got another call from my hubby. they approved us for the whole amount at 14%. when it was just my hubby, it was 5.9%. that really burns my bottom.

anyhow... so... 14%??? isn't that way too high?

ack!!! i'm totally confused now... i maintained i wouldn't get the loan if it was at too high of an interest rate... BUT i never determined what was too high.

i don't know if i should just wait for the home equity line of credit... or take this and pay it off later...

ack!!! brain overload! :help:

oh, p.s. :faint:

I had to get a loan too. I felt like I bought a car with a five year loan!! I decided that it will be well worth it though. I also negotiated a cash discount today for paying in full so I went from 16K to 12,800 :clap2: which includes everything and fills for 1 year! I am happy and I believe this is a great price. My doctor is board certified with over 20 years experience and the bariatric unit is a center of excellence rated hospital. Good luck, I get my surgery next Tuesday.

That is awesome Ladyleo!!!

I had to refinance my house and get a second and it was worth every cent! Priceless!!!! Just like the commercials!!!

Hi I'm a lower BMI bandster too!! I was banded 12/11/06, started at 223lbs and now at 195lbs. I feel good about the weight I've lost, but I guess I thought it would be faster too. I have been bad about exercise and I know that will speed things up. Oh yeah and if I eat better foods too!

Hi I'm a lower BMI bandster too!! I was banded 12/11/06, started at 223lbs and now at 195lbs. I feel good about the weight I've lost, but I guess I thought it would be faster too. I have been bad about exercise and I know that will speed things up. Oh yeah and if I eat better foods too!

HI! Would you like to join us for our South Beach Diet challenge and exercise? I am starting it on Saturday! Welcome to our little group!!!:welcomeB:

Also, congrats on losing 28 pounds!

hub and i just got back from dinner at the coolest diner. i'll be very happy when i can't eat a piece of their delicious delicious delicious chocolate cake anymore!!! homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. oh, good golly. :faint:

anyhow, we talked it over and we are going to not use the loan - since he has such amazing credit, his credit cards are at 3.9% - 5% interest rates. he is going to split the surgery b/t 2 cards (to keep the debt ratio under 30%. he's such a finance geek.) once we get confirmation from the doctor's office that we can indeed split b/t 2 cards... i'm going to book my surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy dance ya'll!!! :) :) :):D :Banane42:

Yes, I want to do the South Beach challenge. I'm not to familiar with the SB diet. But I can read about it so I can join the group.

I seem to be at a slow point...And I don't want to get a fill because I really don't want to eat any less than I'm eating.

:clap2: :clap2:

hub and i just got back from dinner at the coolest diner. i'll be very happy when i can't eat a piece of their delicious delicious delicious chocolate cake anymore!!! homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. oh, good golly. :faint:

anyhow, we talked it over and we are going to not use the loan - since he has such amazing credit, his credit cards are at 3.9% - 5% interest rates. he is going to split the surgery b/t 2 cards (to keep the debt ratio under 30%. he's such a finance geek.) once we get confirmation from the doctor's office that we can indeed split b/t 2 cards... i'm going to book my surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy dance ya'll!!! :) :) :):D :Banane42:

Silry

My husband and I were watching a "christian show" one day and the minister was talking about counseling a couple - he said the Wife wanted money to shop, the husband said he wanted more sex. He said this is easy, you give him sex and then you give her money, both of you will be happy..... I say that to say this - I reminded my husband of the show we were watching and based on what I've read on a couple of the threads our sex drive will go up (less weight/better movement):clap2: .... If my insurance company won't approve me, he is going to put it on his credit card also....I told him, if I lose some weight, I can give you what you want and I've got what I want....We both are happy:whoo: :whoo: . Needless to say he laughed a little chuckle like and said "Have you had your consultation yet?"

okay. so i got another call from my hubby. they approved us for the whole amount at 14%. when it was just my hubby, it was 5.9%. that really burns my bottom.

anyhow... so... 14%??? isn't that way too high?

ack!!! i'm totally confused now... i maintained i wouldn't get the loan if it was at too high of an interest rate... BUT i never determined what was too high.

i don't know if i should just wait for the home equity line of credit... or take this and pay it off later...

ack!!! brain overload! :help:

oh, p.s. :faint:

I think 14% is high but for a consumer loan it usually is... Capital one offers health care financing and so does Care Credit, not sure if the rates would be any better but maybe worth a try. I do know they offer no interest or no pmts promotions though. If not then take this now then get the heloc and pay it off.

good luck guys on your south beach plan. I will catch up as soon as I can. I just came home from the hospital on Sunday. I had a hysto last Thurs. It was rough. I have a bad urinary track. I feel real week.

I read a few posts about your upcomming diet. Sounds great. Just alittle friendly advice is that we should not have any Snacks between meals. Just our meals. We should not get our new small pouches used to having food all the time or we will be were we started at.

I sorry if I sound rude, just alittle advice. Drink instead of snack.< /p>

Bye Guys,

Madden

Silry,

My advice is get the loan however you can. Of course the credit card plan your husband has is probably the best. I was a self pay myself. It is worth every dime, without a doubt.

I am amazed at how much money I am saving since I have been banded. I don't stop at a fast food place and grab something like I did almost every day. When we go out to eat, I eat from every one elses dinners or simply split one with someone. Sometimes I get something off the kids menu if there is something there that I want or is health enough.

This band is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am so happy with it.

BTW, I am no longer obese. I am now considered overweight. WooHoo!!!!!!!

So I had my first PB this morning. :cry

I was late for work and I wanted Starbucks. I didn't have time to make and eat oatmeal but I didn't want to go to Starbuck's on an empty stomach.

From this point forward, no good decisions were made....

I decided to make a tortilla with cheese so I could eat it in the car. It's all soft, right? I ate a bean burrito with no PBing a week ago, right?

I get into my car and SNARF this tortilla and cheese, as I am in "hurry mode." About 60 seconds after I do this, I feel immediately nauseated and huge pressure and I am like, well HELL. Luckily, there is plastic bag in my car, which I proceeded to reverse eat into. PBing is like every bite I took came out individually. It pretty well sucked.

Now I have a headache, my neck hurts and I want to take a nap.

What I learned:

1. I need to not forget the rules when I am in a hurry and stressed.

2. I need to make sure I eat what I should be eating and not what is convenient.

3. I need to make the time if I don't have the time.

4. Don't mess with my morning routine.

5. PBing is as gross and unpleasant as everyone says it is

6. I am not used to the fact that I am not going to be starving if I don't get to eat right when I am used to eating. I am used to being so concerned with getting my Breakfast so I am not starving by 9am at work. I don't think I need to be quite that concerned anymore but I am not used to that yet.

I hope you are ok Susan. I will remember this when I get banded - I'm sorry you had this bad experience, but glad you shared it with us.

I have expereinced the "no time in the morning but need something in my stomach". I bought some Campbell Soup "Soup at hand". I find them feeling yet quick - I grab it, pop the top, microwave 1:15 and I'm outta there. Maybe this is something you can grab to have on hand for those times - and you drink it like a soda - even my kids like them!!!

I am sorry to hear that Susan. You probably didn't chew it well enough if it came back up in bites (kind of). I am having the hardest time with chewing my food well enough. I also keep Slim Fast Low Carb handy for times that I don't want to fix something in the a.m. Which is most often actually. I am usually running late in the mornings.

Take care of yourself.

Hey Guys,

I've been offline for a bit, but i see the challenge for the South Beach..is it too late to join in..and is there a website or somewhere where i can the diet without having to buy the book? Let me know.

Rachael.