Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When you get skinny, don't shop at A&F.

I would never shop at A&F because at 24 years old, I don't feel that it is very age appropriate and have been aware of this quote and many like it for some time. Who REALLY needs to be aware of things like this are preteens and teenagers. I think that even thin teenagers can understand that these are despicable statements.

Even that being said, I understand that all brands have an image that they try to maintain, but for the love of god, keep these types of statements behind clothed doors, out of respect for the rest of the population. I like the look of MANY brands that do not cut for my size currently. One is J. Crew. I love the aesthetic of J. Crew, but they are exclusionary in terms of sizes, and I get it. Their look doesn't translate well to plus size anyway. I think the largest size they carry is a 12 or a 10 and its a SMALL 12/10 too. I don't hate them for it though. Has something like this been said at their brand too? Maybe, in fact, probably... but they had to class to keep it under wraps, which I can appreciate. Just don't mock me to my face, please.

I'd never go in that store anyway...it smells disgusting.

Thanks for the article. I never knew this. I will never buy their brand, EVER. My son has some of their shirts that were hand me downs from a friend. I think I might burn them. Ha ha.

I would never shop at A&F because at 24 years old, I don't feel that it is very age appropriate and have been aware of this quote and many like it for some time. Who REALLY needs to be aware of things like this are preteens and teenagers. I think that even thin teenagers can understand that these are despicable statements.

Even that being said, I understand that all brands have an image that they try to maintain, but for the love of god, keep these types of statements behind clothed doors, out of respect for the rest of the population. I like the look of MANY brands that do not cut for my size currently. One is J. Crew. I love the aesthetic of J. Crew, but they are exclusionary in terms of sizes, and I get it. Their look doesn't translate well to plus size anyway. I think the largest size they carry is a 12 or a 10 and its a SMALL 12/10 too. I don't hate them for it though. Has something like this been said at their brand too? Maybe, in fact, probably... but they had to class to keep it under wraps, which I can appreciate. Just don't mock me to my face, please.

I love J. Crew's clean and classy lines, they top out at a 16, not a 12 but yeah the clothes are cut small. So instead, I shop at LL Bean online, they carry plus size and their stuff has that same classy I-go-yachting-off-Maine look, lol.

Also, that horrible Aberdeebag dude, it's not often you see MEN with lip filler ... so. wrong. *shudder*. The only way I will ever wear their crap is if I get it at the Goodwill, but that's where I get all my clothes anyway, I mean, once you have paid 3 dollars for a pair of JCrew cords, or a quarter for a pair of perfect Levi's, there's no going back to retail! :P

Also, that horrible Aberdeebag dude, it's not often you see MEN with lip filler ... so. wrong. *shudder*. The only way I will ever wear their crap is if I get it at the Goodwill, but that's where I get all my clothes anyway, I mean, once you have paid 3 dollars for a pair of JCrew cords, or a quarter for a pair of perfect Levi's, there's no going back to retail! :P

Where are you finding that stuff, because I'm coming to your town! I went looking for wonderful finds like that, and all I saw was cheap, frumpy things that are beyond ugly. I thought I might I have to travel to a nearby larger community where the citizens have money....but instead, just went back to retail. I do have to travel about 30-40 minutes even for nice retail. One thing for certain, which I was surprised and pleased to discover, you can find normal people size clothes way cheaper that women's sizes! But I do wish I could find some great stuff at a second hand store.

Goodwill actually has "boutiques" where they put the good stuff. Go to your local store and ask them for the nearest location. They do not put the locally donated stuff in the local stores for the most part, they sort it and transport it. Our is called "Second Debut" and they have wedding gowns, name brand labels, good antiques, etc. The price point is not much higher, but the difference in quality is amazing. Just what I need as I travel down through my sizes.

Where are you finding that stuff, because I'm coming to your town! I went looking for wonderful finds like that, and all I saw was cheap, frumpy things that are beyond ugly. I thought I might I have to travel to a nearby larger community where the citizens have money....but instead, just went back to retail. I do have to travel about 30-40 minutes even for nice retail. One thing for certain, which I was surprised and pleased to discover, you can find normal people size clothes way cheaper that women's sizes! But I do wish I could find some great stuff at a second hand store.

I was lucky, I was living in a college town with a LOT of wealthy parents and alumni and nationally recognized sports programs, which all fuels a serious Greek system, which in turns means a LOT of ridiculously overpriced clothes being bought for girls who will only wear them once or for specific events. So, at my (regular, not boutique) Goodwill I was able to find Gap, banana Republic, LL Bean, J Crew, Old Navy, Calvin Klein, Diane Von Furstenburg, Anne Taylor, Levi's, and more. Not to mention the items from little boutiques I had never heard of and all of the silly crazy formal dresses that I could repurpose for dancing :) Of course, it did take work to find these things, I went every Saturday morning after the farmer's market and I scored good stuff maybe once a month, but it was a lot of fun and I felt victorious on so many levels. :)

I love that for you. I am extremely obsessive compulsive and I truly envy people who have the ability to search through stores for great bargains. I have a hard time seeing anything that isn't right on the front of the rack because my brain wants to explode at the thought of rifling through racks. I have a BFF who, like you, can find the best stuff at consignment stores and repurpose them into beautiful and unique garments that are the envy of everyone.

ARGH! I do think I am going to have to get past this or I am going to go broke buying all new as my sizes change. So uh....wanna go shopping with me?

I love J. Crew's clean and classy lines, they top out at a 16, not a 12 but yeah the clothes are cut small. So instead, I shop at LL Bean online, they carry plus size and their stuff has that same classy I-go-yachting-off-Maine look, lol.

WOW! I did NOT know that. I might check them out when I can sqeeze myself into a size 14 anywhere else lol. I have never seen a 16 at the J. Crew store near where I live but I never looked closely either because I just kind of assumed they didn't have it. Very cool. I'll have to get back to my model-skinny diet so I can get my ass in there.

We found out about what the Abercrombie CEO said too and agreed to boycott them. That kind of hate-based discrimination, or any discrimination, just does not fly...

Hate to break it to him but being thin doesn't automatically mean you're attractive. Not to sound like this ****** bag, but I've seen many uh less then beautiful people looking people who were thin so that kind of blows his theory out of the Water. I still believe beauty has nothing to do with waist size. If you are beautiful you are regardless of wearing a size 2 or a 22.

Ha, no wonder they closed that store at my mall!

And did y'all see this guys face?! Wow...

@ Lipstick - if I were in the States girl, I totally would! But did you know you can shop at Goodwill online now? That might help with your OCD.

@ Nurse - again with the online, that is where they have the bigger sizes, they even have extended calf boots!