Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crockpot Meals

Looking for crockpot meals. I have an 8qt crockpot so anything that freezes well would be great. I'd prefer to make large batches and then freeze into some single serve for easy consumption and smaller portions for easy defrosting. Plus if they are family friendly for a small child and my fiance so I don't have to make them a different meal on those nights.

Emilybites.com may have some. The food on there is really delicious........

Beef-Chipotle Chili

Ingredients:

Flour, ¼ cup (1½ oz/45 g)

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Boneless beef chuck, 3 lb (1.5 kg), trimmed of excess fat and cut into chunks

Olive oil, 4–6 tablespoons (2–3 fl oz/60–90 ml)

Dried oregano, 1½ teaspoons

Garlic, 4 cloves, minced

Red onions, 2, finely chopped

Beef broth, 2 cups (16 fl oz/500 ml)

Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, 1 can (7 oz/220 g)

Serves 6 – 8

1. Brown the beef

In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the beef chunks and shake to coat evenly with the flour mixture; reserve the excess flour mixture. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 4 tablespoons (2 fl oz/60 ml) of the oil. Add half of the beef chunks and cook, turning as needed, until evenly browned on all sides, 10–12 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly, and then transfer to the slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining beef chunks, adding the remaining 2 tablespoons oil if needed. Sprinkle the oregano over the meat.< /p>

2. Sauté the vegetables

Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the garlic and all but about ½ cup (2½ oz/75 g) of the onions and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture and sauté for about 1 minute longer. Pour in the broth and add the chipotle chiles with their sauce, breaking up the chiles coarsely with your fingers. Raise the heat to high, bring to a boil, and deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape up the browned bits on the pan bottom. Pour over the beef.

3. Cook the chili

Cover and cook on the high-heat setting for 3–4 hours or the low-heat setting for 6–8 hours. The beef should be very tender. Spoon the chili into bowls, sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup chopped onion, and serve.

Can't be frozen . . .but really good

Salsa chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 jar of salsa

cook 4-5 hours on low

Italian chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of fat free Zesty Italian dressing

Add chicken breasts & pour a jar of ragu over top.cook 4-6 hours. I eat mine topped with mozzarella cheese. The family eats there's over angel hair. Throw in some steamers broccoli at the end. Yummy!

Layer the following in a crock pot/slow cooker

1-2 lb boneless chicken thigh

1-2 lb boneless chicken breast

1 packet taco seasoning

1-2 cup chopped onion

1-2 cup chopped green pepper

1-2 cup yellow corn

1 jar prepared salsa

1 touch of hot sauce

Cook on low for 8-9 hours until it shreds easily. Serve in a wrap, over rice, or on a salad. Makes quite a bit. Also freezes well.

These sound so good. Keep them coming!

I like to put a whole chicken fryer (salt and peppered), breast side down, in my crock pot. I add a cup of chicken broth, and a cup of white wine. I also throw in some celery, carrots, and onions. Let it cook all day, about 8 hours. The chicken is so moist it just falls apart.

And then you have several options: Just pull the chicken out, you won't be disappointed, it's a great meal by itself. Or you could make Soup. Or you could make chicken and gravy with biscuits (biscuits for other, of course). Or you could make a pot pie. Or you could make chicken salad. Just about anything, with a pot full of very moist chicken.

Very economical. Very easy. Very delicious.

Last night I put a whole fryer in the crock pot, layered the bottom with onions, stuffed it with onions and peppers. No need for liquid, it will make its own.

Rewind is right, it just falls apart. Took it out this morning, I can't get mine out in one piece its that tender. Deboned it and put some of the broth with part of the deboned chicken and will make some Soup tomorrow. For today I made some killer chicken chili by adding more onions, garlic, and since I didn't have a lot of time, I used the 2 alarm chili mix. Added 3 cans of dark red kidney Beans 3 cans of diced tomatoes, a can of Tomato paste and my 6 quart crock in at the brim. Will make meals for a week.

Chalk full of Protein with the chicken and Beans, lot of Fiber and family friendly!

I like to put a whole chicken fryer (salt and peppered)' date=' breast side down, in my crock pot. I add a cup of chicken broth, and a cup of white wine. I also throw in some celery, carrots, and onions. Let it cook all day, about 8 hours. The chicken is so moist it just falls apart.

And then you have several options: Just pull the chicken out, you won't be disappointed, it's a great meal by itself. Or you could make Soup. Or you could make chicken and gravy with biscuits (biscuits for other, of course). Or you could make a pot pie. Or you could make chicken salad. Just about anything, with a pot full of very moist chicken.

Very economical. Very easy. Very delicious.[/quote']

Did this and it was really tasty and I had lots to freeze! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I like to put a whole chicken fryer (salt and peppered), breast side down, in my crock pot. I add a cup of chicken broth, and a cup of white wine. I also throw in some celery, carrots, and onions. Let it cook all day, about 8 hours. The chicken is so moist it just falls apart.

Very economical. Very easy. Very delicious.

I'm guessing I should give this to my son until he is older? Or just leave out the wine?

You can leave out the wine, but after cooking for 8 hours, the alcohol cooks off.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

These look so good, I love cooking in my crockpot. I will have to share a few of my recipes tomorrow, right now, I think I need to get some sleep.

Did this and it was really tasty and I had lots to freeze! Thanks for sharing.

. Mmm

Saw this today for Slow Cooker Rotisserie chicken I haven't tried it yet but I am going to :)http://sweetteaandcornbread.blogspot.com/2012/04/slow-cooker-rotisserie-chicken.html?m=1