Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reminds me of a clinic I went to once where I had bloodwork done, and the "lab" was just a tiny room full of storage and cardboard boxes. I couldn't believe it. It gave me the creeps so bad, I never went back there again. I think you gotta go with your gut, and if the place gave you the willies you need to find a place you're comfortable with :)

That's exactly what I mean! After seeing how dirty this clinic was, attached to the hospital I'd be having major surgery in, it gave me the creeps (& nausea too) & now I don't want to return! Why did it take ME to bring it to their attention how disgusting it was in there? Why didn't a doctor, a nurse, or anyone else that worked there notice & make a call to have the rooms cleaned up? Don't they realize that patients are going to see these rooms & find it horrifying? I'm just still surprised...

WOW that sucks but i think your better off with someone else.I think they will probably let you make an appt with dr. immediately tell them you already went to a seminar. i dont think you have to do that again. <_<

I called & unfortunately I do. :( So I'm attending the seminar tomorrow night & see where that takes me. I just won't have to get the same tests done again...I can bring copies from the hospital where I had the lab work & the cardiac stress test, but other than that, I have to re-do the other steps thru the new hospital.

You can go to Dr. Kole or Dr. Katz out of St. John Providence. Both are excellent and work out of multiple sites. Check out their profiles on stjohnprovidence.org . Dr. Kole will be doing my sleeve.

You can check out hospital ratings on this website. http://hospitalcompare.hhs.gov I'm a little farther southeast, so I went to Toledo, though HF Wyandotte is close, and I hear they have a very good program, too.

You can go to Dr. Kole or Dr. Katz out of St. John Providence. Both are excellent and work out of multiple sites. Check out their profiles on stjohnprovidence.org . Dr. Kole will be doing my sleeve.

Thank you Startfresh! I'm not sure where St. John Providence is but I have made a note of your doctor's name. In fact, I think I did research on both of those doctors when I first started to look into this surgery.

You can check out hospital ratings on this website. http://hospitalcompare.hhs.gov I'm a little farther southeast, so I went to Toledo, though HF Wyandotte is close, and I hear they have a very good program, too.

My goodness...this was a very interesting site! Thank you so much for forwarding this link to me! Overall, it looks like the "other" hospital I am considering now (& have a seminar at this evening) scores higher than the one I've been going thru the program with! So this might really push me over the edge to possibly go with this other facility/program instead! Thank you, thank you, thank you MIChic!

Both Dr. Kole and Dr. Katz practice out of St John Macomb Oakland in Madison Heights and St john Providence Park Hospital in Novi. They also have agreements with Genesys Health in Grand Blanc. Dr. Mohammed Sabir is also in their practice and works out of Providence Hospital in Southfield.

Hello fellow Michigander! I am pretty sure I have an idea at least about which hospital you're talking about. I would not settle for having my procedure in a place like that. I had mine in Ypsilanti with Dr. Taylor and the rooms were clean, the staff is amazing, and he is a fabulous doctor, if you're still looking for another one. I'm ten months out, no problems, and the office has been great for me the whole way. I would recommend them to anyone.

Anyway, no matter what you choose - don't settle for a dirty facility - trust your gut!

So sorry about your experience. If the other place doesn't work out I highly recommend my physician here in Toledo,OH. I had surgery monday and my experience with Mercy Weight Management has been phenomenal!! Luv Dr. Matthew Fourman! It's also done robotically so it's minimally invasive and I'm little to no pain!! Good luck!

Both Dr. Kole and Dr. Katz practice out of St John Macomb Oakland in Madison Heights and St john Providence Park Hospital in Novi. They also have agreements with Genesys Health in Grand Blanc. Dr. Mohammed Sabir is also in their practice and works out of Providence Hospital in Southfield.

Thank you Startfresh! Okay, Madison Heights isn't all that far from us. Novi is the other side of the state (haha) for me! My husband works in Southfield & I don't even drive over there for lunch or anything because it's just way too far for me! I don't even know where Grand Blanc is?? The sad part is that I have a couple hospitals close to me & the reason I went to the one I found dirty was because I went to the one in my neighborhood (had my son there, my Mom in hospice there & it's very clean) BUT while I can do most of the program out of my local hospital, the actual surgery & follow up visits with the surgeon is downtown because that one is a huge facility. I guess there is no room in O.R. for this program at my local hospital.

Now last night I attended the Seminar at Troy Beaumont & I'm impressed & am seriously thinking of going there. I just have to get all my medical tests so that I can bring them to Troy & hopefully skip a few of the steps so I don't have to redo everything.

Hello fellow Michigander! I am pretty sure I have an idea at least about which hospital you're talking about. I would not settle for having my procedure in a place like that. I had mine in Ypsilanti with Dr. Taylor and the rooms were clean, the staff is amazing, and he is a fabulous doctor, if you're still looking for another one. I'm ten months out, no problems, and the office has been great for me the whole way. I would recommend them to anyone.

Anyway, no matter what you choose - don't settle for a dirty facility - trust your gut!

Sounds wonderful & I hope I come back with a glowing remark about my surgery & facility but Ypsilanti is just way too far. I have an autistic son whom I need to be close to. This will be traumatic enough for him that I won't be home for a night or two, but thank you very much for your suggestion! It means a lot to me!

So sorry about your experience. If the other place doesn't work out I highly recommend my physician here in Toledo,OH. I had surgery monday and my experience with Mercy Weight Management has been phenomenal!! Luv Dr. Matthew Fourman! It's also done robotically so it's minimally invasive and I'm little to no pain!! Good luck!

Thank you wynk! I'm so glad your experience has been wonderful! Toledo is the closest area of OH to us but it's still HOURS away. We drive thru there on our way to & from FL! Don't forget to posts pics as your weight drops! I'd love to see them!! Thank you again!

Just to follow up....I had my surgery at Troy Beaumont with Dr. Krause, & I have nothing but glowing remarks about the hospital, as well as the doctor! I'm glad I changed facility & doctor.

You should try St. Mary's in Livonia. Dr. Zeni & Dr. Roberts are WONDERFUL!!! They also just refurbished the surgery floor at St. Mary's and so the patient rooms there are nice and new and the doctor offices are right there in the hospital.

I have a consultation with Dr. Roberts next week! Are you still happy with your experience with St. Mary's?