Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

friend needed

Hi, My name is Sarah and i am 22 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been overweight my whole life, i was the chubby baby and toddler, i was the puppy fat teen and now the overweight adult

I decided to give the lap band a try considering that i have tried everything else and nothing has worked. When i went in for my operation i was 145kilos on 21st July 2006, and now December 9th 2006 i'm 134kilos.

I feel like i have stuffed up again.. i get this op and i still can't lose weight... anywaz i came here for support and to meet new people... i guess some times i wished i never got 'it' and wished i could eat normally and not vomit... anywaz... email me sazz28@hotmail.com or leave a post.. i'm new and any help would be appriciated.

thanks

Sarah:help:

Hi, I am 22 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been overweight my whole life, i was the chubby baby and toddler, i was the puppy fat teen and now the overweight adult

I decided to give the lap band a try considering that i have tried everything else and nothing has worked. When i went in for my operation i was 145kilos on 21st July 2006, and now December 9th 2006 i'm 134kilos.

I feel like i have stuffed up again.. i get this op and i still can't lose weight... anywaz i came here for support and to meet new people... i guess some times i wished i never got 'it' and wished i could eat normally and not vomit... anywaz... PM or leave a post.. i'm new and any help would be appriciated.

thanks

:help:

Hi Sazza! I think you have done well so far in terms of your weight loss. From what I understand with the band it is a slow and steady proposition, the gentle way. I think that is much healthier. Be kind to yourself. Susannah

I am so glad you posted on the site. I am not banded yet, but I plan to be early next year. You have come to right place for help. There are lots of people on this site who are very supportive and helpful. You can post on here anytime and someone will help. I will be here for you if you need anything and let me know if I can help you.

Sazza.

Stuffed up, how , didn,t you say you have lost 11 Kg,

That,s great.

You could have just as easily put on 11 kg

You must get to a support group ,it wont be hard to make friends cause at these groups were all the same.

Mark:clap2:

Hi Sazza!

Nice to meet you. I am sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I wish I could give you a big (((hug))). You are doing fine. Stop beating yourself up. Some of us lose slower than others. I had my surgery Aug 23rd and have only lost 25 lbs. (not sure of kilo) But the way I see it, thats 25 lbs less than when I started! And I am not gaining weight anymore, and that's a miracle to me!

Keep your chin up, we are all in this together.

p.s.

I have been to Australia twice and have not met a nicer bunch of people!

Hi Sarah,

You have lost weight, so we know it works. You are dissatisfied at the speed so why not try a new approach.

All of us who are banded, or considering it, have one thing in common. WE GET HUNGRY. One of the things the band does for you is it can take away that hunger. I know that I was always hungry and eating a meal used to be a sprint race.

I have been banded for about a month and a half and got my first fill last week. I used to eat in front of TV with my food on my lap. I sort of hugged my food. I now do it differently. I eat whilst I work at my computer. My meal is not in front of me, but to my right so I am not looking directly at it. My idea is to do some work, do some eating. But what has happened is, because I am no longer hungry, I tend to forget to eat between mouthfulls so the meal takes much longer. I realised that my eating was not only because I was hungry but also because of habit.

The hunger has gone. Change the habit.

What I am saying, and others may not agree with this, change where and when you eat and do something distracting, and that you enjoy, while you eat. You might find that eating then becomes less important to you.

We all are different and you might think of something else that works for you.

Good luck.

Geoff

Hi, My name is Sarah and i am 22 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been overweight my whole life, i was the chubby baby and toddler, i was the puppy fat teen and now the overweight adult

I feel like i have stuffed up again.. i get this op and i still can't lose weight... anywaz i came here for support and to meet new people... i guess some times i wished i never got 'it' and wished i could eat normally and not vomit... anywaz... email me sazz28@hotmail.com or leave a post.. i'm new and any help would be appriciated.

thanks

Sarah:help:

Welcome Sarah :xena_banana: You'll find lots of friends here and a real-life support group is great to attend too. There is one at the valley priavete hospital in Mulgrave last Tuesday of the month February - November.

change where and when you eat and do something distracting, and that you enjoy, while you eat. You might find that eating then becomes less important to you.

Geoff

Geoff that is so true! I find myself doing the same with eating only I still get hungry so eat more often just in tiny portions and while i'm doing something else.

Hiya Sazza!

Welcome to our "family", great to have you on board. Congratulations on your banding at just 22. You are miles ahead of most of us - I wish that my twenties weren't wasted by being overwieght. When I think of the wasted opportunities for parties, clothes, men... ...oops, I digress! **blushes**

We're always here to help you - don't beat youself up - your progress might be slow, but it is progress regardless. Well done on your achievement so far, 11kg is fantastic - your body will be thanking you for it! That's enough to already benefit your joints, circulation, blood composition, airways. Keep up the good work - slow and steady wins the race!

Sounds like it would be great for you if you could come along to a support group meeting somewhere. I think that there is also meetings at Knox and Frankston, and I am sure that there would be groups in northern / western suburbs if that's where you are.

In the new year, us Melbourne bandsters will organise another lunch / coffee / dinner, so you can come then and meet with us too if you like.

Hope this helps you. Hugs!!

Anna.

Oh sweetheart, please, please don't feel that way becuase it it just not true. I think it is all too easy to look at the girls that loose 50kgs in the first year and think anything less than that is failure. I was banded in March at 107 kg. I went down then back up again. I had fill after fill and I was still struggling. In late September I had my fill solution replaced with a thicker solution which has made all the difference. Having said that I have still only lost 13 kgs all up but I'm happy. People are starting to notice. Applying a stringent time limit on how quickly you should loose the weight is not realistic. It takes as long as it takes and it will happen I promise. You know I think becuase we have been overweight for so long and we are so used to being down on ourselves it is all too easy to continue doing so if things dont change overnight. Changing the way we talk to ourselves is also an important change we need to make. All the best. I'm not in Melbourne but you can email me anytime - fleur@a4media.com.au

Keep going. It is easy to feel like you have failed. Just go back to why you wanted the operation in the first place. Speak to your doctor that is what they are for. Keep making little changes they all add up to big changes eventually.

Every journey starts with the first small step.

Hi Sazza.

When I first looked into lap band I thought it would fall off with out having to do anything.

I too thought I was loosing it too slow.

Now 9 months post op I have lost 22 kgs and I have only around 13kg to get to my ideal. Around this time I would start the year by joining WW anf they telling me I had 30kg to get to my goal.

Now this year i have 13kg to get there.

I know it will be slow but this time I am going to do it.

HANG IN THERE IT WILL HAPPEN IT TOOK LOTS OF YEARS TO GET THERE AND IT WONT TAKE THAT MANY TOO LOOSE IT.