Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery with Dr Trivedi on Jan 15 of this year! I am down 91 lbs total and I couldn't be happier!!! I love the program at St Peters but sometimes I go to the Albany Med support group because they meet weekly and the St Peters group only meets once a month.i find the support groups super helpful and supportive hahaha

Post op physically was easy for both of us. I was a low BMIer at 34, but my sister was an accident waiting to happen - over 40 Bmi, smoker, diabetic, psoriasis, arthritis, you name it. Our docs had different postoperative plans, but my biggest advice would be to journal your intake and walk. Even now I write down my liquids, Protein and calories. Otherwise it is too easy to wander off track. I bought Isopure unflavored for the clear phase and mixed it in broth and Crystal Light. Both of us tried a lot of the Proteins preop to find a tolerable one. I like AdvantEdge and Kimm likes MediFast.

I don't think anyone gets in the recommended amounts daily early on. I still have a tough time with getting my protein. I can finally drink liquids instead of just sipping.

How much do you have to lose? How is your overall health?

Use your nutritionist and VST and you will do fine. Happy journey!

Joanne

Post op physically was easy for both of us. I was a low BMIer at 34' date=' but my sister was an accident waiting to happen - over 40 Bmi, smoker, diabetic, psoriasis, arthritis, you name it. Our docs had different postoperative plans, but my biggest advice would be to journal your intake and walk. Even now I write down my liquids, Protein and calories. Otherwise it is too easy to wander off track. I bought Isopure unflavored for the clear phase and mixed it in broth and Crystal Light. Both of us tried a lot of the Proteins preop to find a tolerable one. I like AdvantEdge and Kimm likes MediFast.

I don't think anyone gets in the recommended amounts daily early on. I still have a tough time with getting my Protein. I can finally drink liquids instead of just sipping.

How much do you have to lose? How is your overall health?

Use your nutritionist and VST and you will do fine. Happy journey!

Joanne[/quote']

I want to lose about 120. My overall health is fine. I have no other issues which is one reason I want to do this, I don't want to end up with health issues! Thanks for all the information!

Carrieann

I am a registered nurse and when I was in nursing school years ago, I actually saw dr Ingram perform a lap band and gastric bypass in the OR during my rotation in clinical. She did fabulous job..my date in aug 6th..with dr trevedi from St. Peter's...feels like forever away but this chat is so helpful. There's alot on here that I wasn't told about so I am greatful I found it! Can't wait for my date to be here already!

Just for my surgery date! July 15!! So excited and freaked at the same time!