Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I LOVE watermelon! But I've been wondering if once I'm sleeved, I'll still be able to have it? I understand my stomach will be super small but I've yet to see/hear anyone speak of eating it post op. Please turn my :( to a :) with some info...

I love watermelon too. I was sleeved in February and have not asked specifically about watermelon but I fully intend to have some this summer. I cannot imagine why it would be bad...maybe the sugar. Even so, I still intend to have some.

I love love love and have eaten Watermelon, and had no issues. It's mostly Water so it breaks down to pretty much nothing. I used it in smoothies and add the unflavored Protein Powder during my full liquid stage, and even now. As far as the sugar, it's natural sugar, and my nut said that natural sugar, as occurs in fruit and other foods, and honey is fine to eat as much of as you want. Just avoid the refined and processed stuff like the plague.

It's on the recommended list starting Phase 2.

Thanks for the info magpie30. That is good to know.

I had it in puree stage just chewed it well. Was one of the easiest things to go down for me.

My nut said I could have it too. She said natural sugar. Im 9 weeks out

YAY!!!! Thank you all so much.. I was worried they may say it is too much for my new stomach but thank goodness! Watermelon is also a way I lose/keep my weight down during the summer months so this makes me super happy. I hope to be sleeved within the next month or so. No date yet but I only have 1 nut meeting left and my last required group tomorrow night so I'm hoping the process is soon over & I'll be soon on my way to the post op phase. I'm so anxious/excited! Sheesh, hurry up already lol. Congratulations to all the sleeved w/success stories and to those who's date is fast approaching. I'll be with you all hopefully sooner than later. Keep up the great work & keep posting!

Oh mannnnnn. Now I want watermelon! B)

Hmmm I wonder if I juiced some if it would be considered a clear liquid???

Hmmm I wonder if I juiced some if it would be considered a clear liquid???

Yes

This is great! I live in watermelon central and I was thinking these exact same questions! Thank you!!!

Ha! I was just thinking about this. I ate a chicken fajita sausage for dinner and then about 1/2 cup of watermelon. It breaks down basically Water so I was thinking maybe that's a no no with Protein lol.

I cannot wait until I can eat watermelon. It's pretty much a staple in my house once the summer hits. Watermelon and grapes.

I am SO happy to have found this thread! This was a question I didn't even know I wanted answered haha. If all goes well my sleeve should be coming in June (Late May if I get REALLY lucky!) and watermelon is my summer staple. Can't imagine going without it!