Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gained a few lbs during 6 months of monitored visits

So this Thursday will be my last (6th) nut. visit and weigh in. I'm a little nervous and scared because I've gained a good 5lbs since my last visit. Does anyone know if this will effect my surgery being approved? I have bcbs of ca..started at 271 with a bmi of 42...my last weigh in I was 263...as of this morning I was 268 :/ I talked to my nutritionist on the phone and she assured me that it was nothing to worry about. Has anyone been in the same boat? Im just at the point where im soooooo scared of being denied!

Well it depends if your doctor or insurance required you to lose. If not then you should be fine.

I know that in my case, it was less about losing weight (although I did lose some). My dietician told me from the start to not worry too much about that, it is really more about making sure I learned the right tools I'll need to succeed, and to establish that I have tried less risky (and less expensive!) weight loss methods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

For some it does not matter, its just hoop jumping, for some its very critical that you do not gain weight. The reason is that they feel as though if you are taking a monitored diet seriously in preparation for major permanent surgery, you will NOT be gaining weight unless there are undiscovered health issues (which, obviously equals denial)

If you are gaining there is a great possibility that you are not in the right state of mind currently. This will work for you when you want it as bad as you want to breath. (yes, I'm quoting Eric Thomas again, but its true)

I gained 4 pounds during my 3 month weigh ins and I was nervous it would impact my insurance approval. It didnt. My doctor didnt even mention it to me. I had sleepless nights filled with anxiety (for the first time in my life) toward the end of my weigh ins. Once I got insurance approval a weight lifted. Now I have to have the surgery. I am still consumed with this process and can't wait for the actual surgery.

I gained 4 pounds during my 3 month weigh ins and I was nervous it would impact my insurance approval. It didnt. My doctor didnt even mention it to me. I had sleepless nights filled with anxiety (for the first time in my life) toward the end of my weigh ins. Once I got insurance approval a weight lifted. Now I have to have the surgery. I am still consumed with this process and can't wait for the actual surgery.

that's exactly how I feel! All my life my weight has fluctuated..literally one week up 10 lbs ..the next it disappears. It's only about 5 lbs I've gained so i'm hoping it's not a problem. But i'm just soo scared of being denied because of it..can't even sleep. Well I hope everything goes well

that's exactly how I feel! All my life my weight has fluctuated..literally one week up 10 lbs ..the next it disappears. It's only about 5 lbs I've gained so i'm hoping it's not a problem. But i'm just soo scared of being denied because of it..can't even sleep. Well I hope everything goes well

I think it will be ok. I know exactly how you feel. I would call my mom and cry like a baby. This surgery is a big decision and life changing. When you think about your life after weightloss and make all these plans and it seems so close... but insurance is pending its so frustrating. I can't speak for all insurance, but I doubt it will be a deterrent in approval.