Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U re-considering your GOAL Weight?

I started this journey at 245.

I am now 155 and 5 pounds from what I thought would be my dream weight.

I had a closet full of clothes that I JUST WANTED TO GET INTO again... that was my focus and goal. I was happy at that size, I felt healthy etc... (all thoughts I had prior to surgery and thus the determination to get surgery)

All those clothes were size 14's and 16's. I am now wearing a 12 and can squeeze into 10's.

I think if I loose anymore weight, I will be too thin. If I were to loose another 10 to 15 pounds I would honestly look sick.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on WEIGHT and scale numbers?

With the whole Keirsty Alley announcement, and dealing with my own perception, I am confused.

Oprah says she weighs 150. Her goal weight.

I weigh 155 and am much smaller then she is.

We are both 5'4 to 5'5.

Is it possible my bones actually weighs more?

My organs?

What?!

I remember telling my doctor I just wanted to get to 150 to get into my size 14/16's and his reply was no, size 8. I remember thinking he was off his rocker at the time, and I still think so today.

I would be too thin and feel frail all the time.

My sister is a size 2, and she was wearing 18/20's when she had her surgery (she had RNY) and she is TOO thin. But with her surgery, she will gain back a little. (hopfully)

Any thoughts anyone?

Yes I am, I've always had 75kg there on my ticker but I've always thought I'd want to pass that and get to 70. However, after suffering a long plateau I've had a good think about just what it will take to get there and maintain it and I"m not sure that 75 wont be good enough - afterall I'm fitter than I have ever been in my life, and have more muscle, less fat, so perhaps 75 will be the new 70 for me, lol.

I'll just take it as it comes, anything from hereon in and I'm more than happy. I dont have a stunning figure, I'm curvy and well covered still and would like to lose a bit more but I look totally normal, my body can perform amazing feats such as running 10km, I have energy to spare at the end of a very busy day, and I've exceeded my doc's goal so yeah, anything else is a bonus.

I'm really into living life too, not living on a diet. I havent dieted so far and its worked but I suspect to lose weight at anything other than snail pace I'd have to count calories and frankly that bores me to tears. I got this band so I would never have to do that kind of thing again.

What I suspect is that I will lose it but its going to take me an entire year to lose the next 10kg, whereas I lost 30 in the past year. I think my days of 1lb to 2lb per week are over for good.

I'm pretty tall so I'm thinnish now, but I dont feel in anyway frail as I'm really fit and strong, and I am definitely a person that can go quite low in weight and still not look too skinny.

Yea I sincerely believe how much you loose should depend on your body frame...at the moment my goal is to be 176lb (80kgs) but really I want to get to a size 14 so whichever weight that is on the scales I will be happy with...

:) becky

I am kind of where you are...My original goal weight was 150. I weight 140 when I graduated high school, then I gave myself an extra 10 pounds. OK. Then, I decided well...maybe 160. Now, I am at 173 and thinking that I could maybe do another 10 pounds if I really wanted to buckle down. However, if I got to 150, I might look anorexic. Either it is in my head or my ideal weight has changed. I am not sure. My skin is a little bit loose as it is and I don't want to make it worse.

Soooo. I am sort of wondering like you are...Is it our perception?

Shawn

Hi everyone...

I am going to be banded January 5th so I am not really in a place to re-evaluate. I have gained and lost weight and regained it so many times that I have a little bit of perspective.

For me, I always have a couple of goals... what I want and what I can live with.

I have previously weighed 150 lbs as an adult and I was able to stay at that weight for a relatively long time. For a brief moment I was 145 but it was SOOO much more work than being 150. I could live with the amount of work 150 lbs took... but not the amount of work 145 lbs took.

I have also gotten down to a size 12 and thought I looked decent. I LOVED it when I got down to a size 8, but I could definitely live with how I looked at size 12. Of course, right now I can kick myself for not being happy when I was a size 16.

One of my goals now is that I want to really enjoy every single weight loss milestone I have. I am hoping that the band combined with me exercising will produce a weight I can live with without constantly trying and obsessing. It seems my whole life has been about trying not to eat this or that, or obsessively counting calories. Or trying yet another diet or obsessively eating huge amounts of food.

I hope this makes sense...

When I was 19 yrs old, I asked an older co-worker, whom I admired how much she weighed, she must have worn a size 4-6, and her answer to me was "I never weigh I watch the size of my clothes," I don't know why, but I've never forgotten that. I look 40-50lbs lighter than I actually weigh, and wear size 16-18 @ 240 1bs, and know people who have the same weight and wear size 22. So even though I have a goal weight, I will be watching my clothing size. I don't want to wear less than 8, even if it means I weigh 160. I have huge heavy muscles, and I am hoping this saves me from the sagging skin.

I will throw my two cents in. I have a vague goal of 150 (I am 5; 4 1/2").

HOWEVER, I do believe the scale is such a small part of my goal. I want to look good in my clothes, not even sure what size I want them to be. What I don't want, is to struggle to be a certain weight and fight that battle vigorously. I guess when my body says "this is good" then I will do my best to accept that.

Finally, I have a friend who wears a size 8 and I can honestly tell you that she is chubby. I have another friend who wears a 10 and she looks lean and trim. Go figure!

My goal was 130 - it was 100 lbs less than my starting weight and it was what i weighed until I hit about 30 years old. Well I am at about 167 pounds now and have been here for about 6 moonths. I am happy although i would be happier if i was like 150. I can't see myself at 130. I am wearing a size 12/14 now. I work out better than i control my eating if you know what i mean. I am more faithful to going to the gym and being active in my lifestyle than staying away from the foods that are high in calories. Maybe that is why my scale isn't moving. I wonder if it is broken!

You could be me Laura, that is exactly what I am like. Nobody could fault my exercise habits, but my eating is not as perfect as it was at the start.

I really want to fit into an 8. I don't care what weight that is. I used to wear a juniors 9 or 11 so that is a womans 8. (I think) That was at about 175. So, I guess I will see when I get there.

I have a goal "Size" rather than weight, also.

I will be thrilled to peices if I can wear a size 14 - and if I get down to a size 12 I will think I have died an gone to heaven.

Size 8? Yeah, whatever. I can't even imagine that.

I will be happy enough if I just get to below 200 lbs sometime in this life.

:]

HealthQuest - you got it right!!!

I am so on board with this !!!!!

It is NOT about the number on the scale.

It's about the number on the TAG !!!!!!

Tonight I had to clothes shop for a Christmas party this weekend.

It was SOOO weird.

I am in a size 10 and a 12 in two items.

I am a size 10 !?!?!?!

I wore 9's in Highschool. I am 38 years old. I don't need to be in 9's. I need to be in anything between 10 and 14's.

No more watching the scale.< /p>

I am 5'11 so I am pretty thin at 175. Plus I am a large fram person. Big Bones. I am 240 right now and wear an 18. (Comfortably) Sometimes a 16. I remember when I got my vessel license (boat) the lady ask what I weighed and I honestly told her about 200. She proceded to tell me that I did not weigh 200, there was no way and that I must have not seen a scale in a while. She put on my license that I weighed 150. It made my day!!!!! I was so happy.

I am still WAY overweight and I hope that I can get to 175.

It is so weird. When I am putting on my pants, size 18, I look at them and I just know that there is no way my big butt is going to fit in them, and then it does!!!!!

I will be happy at a 12, 14 or 10. I really don't care. I just want to be able to shop at ALL the stores!!!!!! and find something that fits besides a scarf! :) I really just want to be healthy looking and not overweight looking. I don't mind some "meat" I actually prefer a little. I think we all do. I don't know anyone who really wants to look like those starving Victoria Secret Models. Did any one see that the other night?