Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Gold Coast sleevers

Hello, I'm quite new to this site, but thought that I'd try and find some Gold Coast girls/guys who have been sleeved or who are getting sleeved. I Would love to try and organise some group get togethers so we can support each other and share ideas. I get sleeved July 2nd by Dr Nolan at Southport. I'm getting very excited now and would love to hear other people's stories. Hoping to hear from others in the same boat in the same area. Lily :)

Hi lilyrose, there is an Aussie thread called 'Attention ! Aussie Sleevers', which has tons of info , some Qld members.

Come join us over there, we are a great bunch of people.

See you there

One_elle26

Thanks so much for letting me know. I'll look for it now :)

Hi again Lily,

I have an appointment with Dr Nolan this Thursday. Turns out both my GPs wife and son have been sleeved and both are really happy.

Have you found any other GCers to chat to? Interested in having a coffee and a chat? My wife is great and really supportive but would be nice to talk to someone having the same concerns.

Brendan

Hi again Brendan,

I haven't managed to find any other gold coasters on the forum :( I also was having doubts last week however than went and spoke about it yet again to my GP and he can't speak highly enough about it.. I really haven't been able to find anything really negative about the sleeve at all...

I'm so happy that you are going to go and see Dr Nolan, he truly is a wonderful surgeon and he explains everything very clearly and very well.

Be warned though be is very straight to to the point and matter of fact, some people may perceive this as arrogant but he by no means is, when my hubby and I visited him for the first time, I must admit I was a little frightened of him (you'll see what I mean ). I had absolutely no problems with him taking my band out, the surgery went great no complications what so ever.. I am extremely happy that i am being looked after by dr Nolan, i'm sure that you will be also :) My sleeve surgery is 52 more days away (who's counting).

Hey I would love to catch up for a cuppa and a chat. What area are you from ?

Give me a call and we'll organise a time. I know that you said that you wanted a guy to talk to but hey.... Well I'll just speak in a deeper voice. It would be so nice to be able to share this journey with someone who is also going through it and like your wife my hubby is very supportive so we are really lucky.

My mobile is 0458032034, call or text anytime Brendan..

Lily

Dr Nolan is definitely blunt and to the point -but wouldn't you rather hear it exactly how it's is? He's a great surgeon and takes a lot of care. He performed my surgery and I'm very happy with the result, 24 kgs so far. I'd definitely trust Dr Nolan to look after you well.

Getting thinner gal, I totally agree with you. I have actually seen dr Nolan on 3 occasions now and I am so happy that I chose him. He is extremely straight to the point and now after building a rapport with him, that's exactly what I like about him. I can even have a joke with him now. He is such a good surgeon and very thorough. I would recommend anybody to see him. A big congratulations to you on your weight loss. That's really well done. I'm looking forward to following in your footsteps, 25 days to go..... But... Who's counting ha ha.. Did you have your surgery at Allamanda? Take care and thanks for your post xx

Hi there lilyrose. I am at Ormeau and was sleeved last Saturday after having my band removed in April. My original date was 9th July but I just couldn't handle the wait and weight xo asked to have it bought forward. My surgery was in Sunnybank Hospital - so not a coast Doctor but I am really happy with my choice of surgeon too. I had a bit of a rough first 2 days as my stomach was extremely sensitive which can happen particularly to is ex-bandsters. I am starting to feel much better now thankfully. Would be happy to kep in touch if you like seeing we are pretty close in dates :-)

Hi there lilyrose. I am at Ormeau and was sleeved last Saturday after having my band removed in April. My original date was 9th July but I just couldn't handle the wait and weight xo asked to have it bought forward. My surgery was in Sunnybank Hospital - so not a coast Doctor but I am really happy with my choice of surgeon too. I had a bit of a rough first 2 days as my stomach was extremely sensitive which can happen particularly to is ex-bandsters. I am starting to feel much better now thankfully. Would be happy to kep in touch if you like seeing we are pretty close in dates :-)

I had my op at Sunnybank aswell but on 3/6. Who was ur doctor?

I had my op at Sunnybank aswell but on 3/6. Who was ur doctor?

My surgeon was Dr Mark Daoud :-)

My surgeon was Dr Mark Daoud :-)

Hahaha!!! He's mine too

Hi Lilyrose I would love to know how you are going ........I am seeing Dr Nolan next Thursday xx

Janice

Hi, I had my sleeve on August 7th at Pindara with Dr Nolan. I live in Surfers Paradise. I am interested to hear from any locals who have been recently sleeved. Still finding my way around this site which is why it has taken me so long to find this thread.

Hi All,, I was sleeved last Friday at Wesley hospital (but I'm from Gold Coast). Sounds like you made the right choices with hospitals (I certainly didn't - some of the Wesley nurses obviously resent people addressing their weight issues because they've obviously never been overweight).

I love my Dr thought (Dr Adib) and the whole support team at the centre. Did you guys have to pay for a compulsory support package for 12 month support post op?

Hi All' date=', I was sleeved last Friday at Wesley hospital (but I'm from Gold Coast). Sounds like you made the right choices with hospitals (I certainly didn't - some of the Wesley nurses obviously resent people addressing their weight issues because they've obviously never been overweight). I love my Dr thought (Dr Adib) and the whole support team at the centre. Did you guys have to pay for a compulsory support package for 12 month support post op?[/quote']

I had the same doctor and hospital and loved it. I'm not sure what you mean about the nurses. Were you commenting on their weight??