Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's on your play list?

I've recently added music to my exercise routine, and obviously, the tempo make a huge difference in how fast I move. Some of my favorites are a few of the old Motown tunes, Fleetwood Mac, (giving my age away :) ) Stronger (Kelly Clarkston), Forget you (Cee Lo Green), and Eye of the Tiger (survivor), and a few others to round out an eclectic mix. I'd love to hear your favorite workout tunes!

Well, we have different tastes, but I definitely agree that uptempo is best. I'm not a Top 40 person, either, this is more hip-hop/dancy stuff. :)

Here's some of what's on mine:

Drake - The Motto

KP & Envyi - Shorty Swing My Way

Deee-Lite - Grove is in the Heart

Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight

Rihanna - SOS, S&M

Beyonce - End of Time, Naughty Girl

Robyn - None of Dem, Get Myself Together

JJ Fad - Supersonic

Salt N Pepa - Push It

Thanks for the suggestions! Having fun checking them out on iTunes :)

Looks like I'm the opposite I have heavy metal to get me going like Metallica,slip knot,korn and stuff like that it just gets me pumped up and moving

P!nk - Blow me (once last kiss) , Britney - I Wanna Go, Bodyrox - Yeah Yeah, LMFAO - Sexy and I Know it, Republica - Ready to Go, ***** Cat Dolls - When I Grow Up, Beyoncé - Single Ladies (and other songs that I wouldn't admit that I listen to :)

Best cardio song....Burn it down by Awolnation.

I'm an 80s guy myself so I have different genres from the 80s .. Milli Vanilli, Wham, Journey, Scorpions, Thompson Twins, Tears for Fears, Micheal Jackson and Debbie Gibson just to name a few and I am also a huge fan of world music so Yanni and Karl Jenkins are also on my list :) I saw Yanni in concert and he's amazing by the way :)

chumbawamba-I get knocked down

Prince -kiss

psy-gandamstyle

LMFAO- sexy and I know it

Beyonce-check on it

james brown- I feel good

Aretha franklin- respect

Looks like I'm the opposite I have heavy metal to get me going like Metallica' date='slip knot,korn and stuff like that it just gets me pumped up and moving[/quote']

Lol this is my husbands type of playlist:) He says exactly the same thing.I make fun of him and his what I like to jokingly call his "angry white boy music" He says what did I expect marrying a white boy from Ohio.

My favorites are

Katy Perry- California Gurls (I am one lol)

Kesha Tick- Tock and We are who we are

Chritina Aguilera-Dirty

Justin Timberlake- Like I love you and Sexy Back

Tupac-I get around and How do you want it

Q-Tip- Vibrant thing

Beyonce- Upgrade you

I could go on and on I like a lot of different music from Country- Rap it just depends in my mood but I tend to stick to Pop and Hip hop or top 40 for workouts.

Looks like I'm the opposite I have heavy metal to get me going like Metallica' date='slip knot,korn and stuff like that it just gets me pumped up and moving[/quote']

I tear it up on the elliptical listening to Metallica!

I'm a Classic Rock junkie at heart, but lately I've been really digging Pitbull and Nelly. Usher and Will Smith.

I just want to shake my hips and bootie!

All great suggestions, I'm downloading a little of everything. It keeps me on the Nordic track longer....should have thought of that sooner, duh! I really didn't think it would make a difference but it does!

All great suggestions' date=' I'm downloading a little of everything. It keeps me on the Nordic track longer....should have thought of that sooner, duh! I really didn't think it would make a difference but it does![/quote']

It really does. If you're anything like me you may be prone to singing out loud!!

Here's what a dork I am. Using iTunes I tracked the beats per minute of the music I like. I bike mostly and I like an RPM in the 85-95 range. So I have a playlist called biking with all the music sorted by bpm. AC/DC might be followed by Lester and Earl by Molly Hatchet. It helps me keep a solid consistent cadence which help me pace myself on long rides.