Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bleh.

Must. Get. Through. Next. Two. Weeks.

I have a week of classes and then a week of finals. Luckily, we gave the final in our labs last week, so I don't have to worry about doing that. I have a 20-30+ page paper due on Wednesday that I have only written about 1 1/2 pages for so far. I have been at my computer all day, doing everything but what I should be doing. I will be getting two take-home exams this week that will SUCK royally. I have to do a chapter in my experimental design class on my own and turn it in with the final for that class. I have to proctor the final for one of my professor's classes, too.

Watch me. I'll put everything off and then be up until 4 AM the day everything is due, finishing up.

Not to mention that I REALLY need to get started on my proposal and thesis, since I have committed to presenting a poster about it the first weekend in February. Have I done anything for it yet? Uh, not so much.:D

Sounds like we are gonna have to polish up my ol size 8 1/2's so I can give ya a good swift kick to get you started!!!

LBT will be here when you are done!!! Get that education taken care of girl!!!

Kat

get crackin, laurend. LapBandTalk isn't going to help you get your work finished. turn us off and do what you must do. We'll be here ready to play when you're all finished working. Of course, I'm writing this from my job.

Hey - I remember when I used to think School was the worst possible thing, couldn't wait to get out and get on with my life.

What a fool I was.

Now I have the endless monotany of day after day after day of work, boring work.

Try not to procrastinate too much!

Hugs!

Must. Get. Through. Next. Two. Weeks.

I have a week of classes and then a week of finals. Luckily, we gave the final in our labs last week, so I don't have to worry about doing that. I have a 20-30+ page paper due on Wednesday that I have only written about 1 1/2 pages for so far. I have been at my computer all day, doing everything but what I should be doing. I will be getting two take-home exams this week that will SUCK royally. I have to do a chapter in my experimental design class on my own and turn it in with the final for that class. I have to proctor the final for one of my professor's classes, too.

Watch me. I'll put everything off and then be up until 4 AM the day everything is due, finishing up.

Not to mention that I REALLY need to get started on my proposal and thesis, since I have committed to presenting a poster about it the first weekend in February. Have I done anything for it yet? Uh, not so much.:)

Oh yah, I used to do that when I was in uni. And now I am 57 and I still have the occasional nightmare about it!:help: Well, you know what you got to do, grrl. Auntie Green sez just do it!:biggrin1:

When I was working on my Ph.D. I would do a paper a week for the last 3-4 weeks of school. I had it scheduled and I'd do the research early so I'd be ready for the writing. You need to schedule everything out and GET SOME SLEEP!!! If you get organized, you can do this, but not if you stay disorganized. Next semester, make a schedule. I would never have lived through it if I hadn't done that. Also understand that you will work about 110% during graduate school. I used to get up and study until I had to go to school to teach my classes and then study until 10 p.m. when I watched Dr. Who (totally non-intelligent), drank two beers and went to bed. Then I'd get up and do that same thing the next day. I used to knock off at 4 p.m. on Saturday, clean the house and drink until 10 p.m. This is not the best weight loss plan, however, so maybe you can think of something else to reward yourself on Saturday night. I used to begrudge the time I wasted going to the grocery store which was about an hour a week. I once took about 4 grocery sacks of books back to the libary at one time. Graduate studies are hard, but if you love the subject, it's worth it.

One who has been there....

Oh, I love it. I love going to all my classes and (most of the time) teaching my labs. I just wish I knew how to be more organized. Sometimes I will start out with a system, but it usually breaks down fairly quickly. Fortunately, I tend to work well under stress. I have everything I need to do all of my papers and start on my thesis, I just need to actually do it.

Unfortunately, my advisor isn't the most help. I usually work in spurts. I get to a point on my proposal or thesis where I need to get his opinion on something, email him, and then wait for a couple of days to get his reply. By the time he gets back to me, I am no longer in the mood to actually work on it. And it doesn't help to nag him about it. If I try to ask him questions in his office, he'll generally say, "Well, I don't know. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you." Think of the stereotypical hippie bird-watcher, and you'll have him to a "T". I went to ask him for the identification list of all the birds that were identified over the last few field seasons. My thesis is on a certain species and I am trying to find out if the males feed chicks more often or if the females feed more often, and I kinda need to know which bird I'm looking at in order to fill out my data sheets (we videotaped the nests). It was a month before he got it to me.