Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree Time Up and Coming...

Any suggestions for quality puréed food?

I've got soft boiled eggs and scrambled eggs. Fat free refried Beans. I'd love some more ideas.

A little guacamole to top those refried Beans?

cream of wheat, oatmeal, mashed potatoes!! mac and cheese

Just remember your capacity is ridiculously small. Your body's nutritional requirements are still quite high, so whatever you eat, make sure you are getting the fats, carbs and minerals your body needs. Mashed potatoes may make you feel sated, but how is their nutrition for the amount of real estate they are going to take up?

I was a big fan of Soups. Thick Soups, not runny ones. Smoked ham and lentil with onions and carrots. Turkey chili with onions and carrots. chicken veggie, too. As I progressed through the pureed stage, I pureed them less and less. They are well balanced meals and provide everything your body needs. (maybe not what it wants ... know what I mean?)

I ate pureed cottage cheese! Applesauce with some Protein Powder added. Soups like PdxMan said. Turkey chili and scrambled eggs with a little melted cheese. These all got me thru the pureed stage.

The ricotta bake seems to hold down well for me.

Ricotta cheese (I added some powdered spices to it to doctor it up)

an egg mixed with the ricotta

Tomato sauce (I used borilla marinara)

top with some mozz. cheese

Bake in the oven on 425 for about 20 minutes until the top is browned.

It gives a nice "real food" flavor.

Cottage cheese is something I like.. I know others don't..

Cream of wheat isn't my fav. but I can eat it without issue so I try to have that.

I was told no Pasta or breads, but I see others eat mac and cheese and I would really like some of that.. lol

I also like tuna.< /p>

Another thing I made, my wife uses to spread on her crackers..

I took

imitation crab meat (2 packs of the shredded style)

3 teaspoons of lemon juice

1tsp garlic powder

1tsp onion powder

a little salt and pepper

a table spoon of light mayo or tea spoon of extra virgin olive oil

put it in a food processor until it's almost a paste. stick it in the fridge and you can take out a little bit at a time.

Now, this is something my pallet likes. I like acidic tastes so ymmv.

I love my Protein spiked sugarfree pudding. I take 1 and 1/4 cups of skim milk and a scoop of Unjury unflavored protein powder but i guess the chocolate would work too. Blend in in a blender and then add 1 small box of chocolate pudding (instant) and blend it put it in two bowls. Chill it a bit. Each serving (based on two servings) is about 100 calories, about 15 grams of protein. I can eat one when I don't want to have a full meal. Or for desert before bed. I can eat a serving in about 30 minutes. Where you are right now it may be 4 servings so nutrition would be half. You could put two scoops of protein powder in and get twice the protein.

That ricotta back sounds yummy! I make my marinana from scratch so I have tons in the freezer!

Thanx for the suggestions. I have a yummy black bean and quinoa chili recipe that love. And I'm sure that will blend down well.

Amanda Rae

Just make sure the quinoa is well cooked. You don't want that expanding in the stomach. While it has Protein, dollar for dollar, your real estate is better used elsewhere.

Just make sure the quinoa is well cooked. You don't want that expanding in the stomach. While it has protein' date=' dollar for dollar, your real estate is better used elsewhere.[/quote']

Thank you for that. That never even occurred to me, which is why I post here. I also have a chicken/black bean chili recipe sans quinoa.

Just posted this in another thread:

I made a really good tuna casserole last night:

6oz tuna

1 egg

2T greek yogurt, plain

2T cottage cheese

garlic powder

onion powder

cheddar cheese, grated

pureed everything together, except the cheddar. poured into 2 mini cocottes, topped with cheddar, and baked at 350 for maybe 20-30 min. 1 ramekin has been 3 servings, and i just reheat as needed. the cocottes do a great job of keeping the food warm while you eat, but ramekins or other small dish would work fine.

also did a quiche thing - 1 egg, ricotta cheese, cheddar. Mixed egg and cheese, poured into a cocotte, topped with cheese, and baked for about 20 min. The tuna casserole is my favorite though.

Preparing for purée on Monday.

post-39617-13813664561553_thumb.jpg

I loved them all my life and have literally kissed the can so many times since I have been on soft foods!

Best. food. Ever! (with some hot sauce mixed in) :)