Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

catalyst supplement

I wouldn't be worried about it either. It's just Water and I've noticed when I stop taking it' date=' I'll lose 3-6 pounds (water) in a week or two. It's fairly inexpensive and I think the benefits outweigh the Water gain.....after all, it's not fat gain and a little water retention is temporary.

I've got to give that CrossFit a try one day.

That's a good goal, just keep in mind, as far as muscle goes, some parts take a really long time to develop. I think everyone is different, but for me, my back development takes a REALLY REALLY long time to get it where I want. But other parts, like shoulders, are easy for me and they are more responsive. Good luck bud![/quote']

I have not put a whole lot of thought into muscle development, but I would say front is more important to me then back at this time.

Hey guys -

I got the AST creatine monohydrate today. The recommended serving size is 1 tsp, but it also talks about creatine loading and creatine maintenance. Should I just do this recommended amount and forget about the whole loading and maintenance phases?

I guess tell me how you would take this particular creatine if you were me knowing I want to build a nice athletic physique and am strength training two days a week with cross fit, but also run 4 days a week and yoga a few times a week.

Is this the supplement you are talking about ... http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/phd/fat-catalyst.html;jsessionid=F1205D8155E496A280B8D000DEBFEA7A

If not can you link me to this product... wanna check out "catayst" I remembering seeing threads about it on bb.com but didnt know it was a like a preworkout/fatburner.

Keep us updated on your results with this supplement... sounds promising.

Hey guys -

I got the AST creatine monohydrate today. The recommended serving size is 1 tsp, but it also talks about creatine loading and creatine maintenance. Should I just do this recommended amount and forget about the whole loading and maintenance phases?

I guess tell me how you would take this particular creatine if you were me knowing I want to build a nice athletic physique and am strength training two days a week with cross fit, but also run 4 days a week and yoga a few times a week.

I don't load, but remember I said I didn't take monohydrate every day either. I took it during heavy workout days. A lot of people don't load or cycle creatine, if you're NOT cycling it, make sure to get your blood checked about 3 months out for kidney function. I've never had any issues and through continued blood tests, haven't shown any signs of issues. I'm about to switch back to monohydrate creatine and don't plan to load, but will likely cycle it 3 weeks on 1 week off, and during that one week I'll take either micronized monohydrate of kre-alkalyn creatine that doesn't require loading of phasing on and off.

After reading this however, I WILL be loading my next monohydrate run to test the waters in loading.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/supplements/151961-creatine-loading-necessary.html

Is this the supplement you are talking about ... http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/phd/fat-catalyst.html;jsessionid=F1205D8155E496A280B8D000DEBFEA7A

If not can you link me to this product... wanna check out "catayst" I remembering seeing threads about it on bb.com but didnt know it was a like a preworkout/fatburner.

Keep us updated on your results with this supplement... sounds promising.

No, this is what you are looking for:

http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/T2010.aspx

It really helps me get in more reps stronger and faster during cross fit. Love it so far. It also helps with cardio. I take 4 capsules 15 minutes before a training session. A single example of how catalyst helped me yesterday: I was able to do a mile farmers carry ( a jog essentially) with 45 lb dumbbells in each hand as part of my WOD. That works every single muscle in your upper and lower body.

And I am feeling OK today; a little sore overall, but no doms. I also take a super fish oil supplement (3000 mg) and just started on creatine yesterday to help with faster recovery after hard cross fit workouts. Catalyst is before the cross fit session and creatine / fish oil is after the cross fit session. Probably 101 stuff for you guys, but the information will help future readers of this post.

I just signed up for a long term PT cross fit commitment (6 months) with a goal of building confidence and experience so that I can own every WOD when I eventually switch to open gym format. Not there right now. I need the encouragement and coaching from my PT or I would just wimp out. Being on a pre paid plan also will help me push through the days when I just do not feel like doing the training. As with all things, I need to get in "the habit" of cross fit 2-3 x a week so that I love it so much that there is no reason I would skip a session, on my own motivation. For now, having a PT set of prepaid sessions will ensure my commitment to success. She will not let me give up nor wimp out during a session. :)

I don't load' date=' but remember I said I didn't take monohydrate every day either. I took it during heavy workout days. A lot of people don't load or cycle creatine, if you're NOT cycling it, make sure to get your blood checked about 3 months out for kidney function. I've never had any issues and through continued blood tests, haven't shown any signs of issues. I'm about to switch back to monohydrate creatine and don't plan to load, but will likely cycle it 3 weeks on 1 week off, and during that one week I'll take either micronized monohydrate of kre-alkalyn creatine that doesn't require loading of phasing on and off.

After reading this however, I WILL be loading my next monohydrate run to test the waters in loading.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/supplements/151961-creatine-loading-necessary.html

Thanks for the information Mark!

I like asking about supplementation here on VST because I can get a clean answer without having to wade through all the information out there online and even in store with regards to supplementation.

You have been spot on in your characterization of GNC employees being more interested in retail then being good sources of knowledge and wisdom in terms of customers fitness goals. i really am noticing that now. Vitamin Shoppe is better as I have had decent conversations with them and feel like they know what they are talking about more then the GNC guys. I am also going to subscribe to men's fitness and men's health. You read those?

Being a new user of supplementation I want to make good safe decisions; specifically because we share the common experience of WLS. You have also been helping me focus on identifying products that are going to work so I am not wasting time and money with respect to achieving specific personal fitness goals.

Mens Fitness I read quite a bit, and Mens Health always has some OMG AMAZING recipes in their magazines, I mean seriously, try some of them and you'll freaking agree bud. Plus they've got some hot chicks too, haha. I like both of those magazines. There are some good older magazines before they got riddled with supplement companies and photoshopped models like Hardgainer out there too, but you've gotta order them on back order. You may be able to find some pdf files of them, not sure.