Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooooo.. I'm worried I'm killing myself. I get about 40oz of Water a day.. And probably 10g of Protein. I can't drink my shakes anymore, which sucks cause they used to be tasty. Also, I haven't taken a Vitamin in probably 4 or 5 days. Wth am I doing?!

But... I joined the gym! Yay! -_-

Please, please take your Vitamins and try to get more Protein in! My husband has a friend/coworker who had the surgery and did not take her vitamins. She ended up in the hospital for almost 4 weeks! She was in really bad shape. I am only days post op, so I don't know the difficulties they may lay ahead, but after seeing what this lady went through, I am determined not to have it happen to me. Take care and Good Luck!

How far out from surgery are you? How much have you lost? If your more than 2 weeks post op, now is the time to start taking your Vitamins. If your further out, now is time to take your vitamins.........Get your in as much as possible and try to increase your Protein as much as possible....You can do this! :)

Sooooo.. I'm worried I'm killing myself. I get about 40oz of Water a day.. And probably 10g of Protein. I can't drink my shakes anymore' date=' which sucks cause they used to be tasty. Also, I haven't taken a Vitamin in probably 4 or 5 days. Wth am I doing?!

But... I joined the gym! Yay! -_-[/quote']

Reality check time: if you go the gym, you will pass out.

Why can't you drink your shakes anymore? Why haven't you taken Vitamins? This is not like forgetting to take your Calcium one day. You need to get back to taking care of yourself! I'm glad you came here for support, and it sounds like you know what you need to do, so please do it.

For your safety! No gym until you can get your minimum Fluid requirements and at close to your Protein requirements!!

Today makes 2 weeks post op. I don't even wanna give my excuse for not taking my Vitamins, because it's sooooo weak. I simply just forget. And my Protein Shakes are just sooooo hard to drink now. They're thick, and nasty, and I wanna puke just thinking about them. They were the only ones pre op I was able to tolerate the taste tho.

Today makes 2 weeks post op. I don't even wanna give my excuse for not taking my Vitamins, because it's sooooo weak. I simply just forget. And my Protein shakes are just sooooo hard to drink now. They're thick, and nasty, and I wanna puke just thinking about them. They were the only ones pre op I was able to tolerate the taste tho.

can you try greek yogurt, or even plain 1% milk has protein! every little bit helps

I was told by the hospital staff to start taking my Vitamins 2 weeks after my surgery so you are good to go there.....Have you ever tried Premier shakes from costco or Sam's Club? If too thick, can you thin it down with Water or milk? It is important to get the Protein and water requirements because otherwise it contributes to fatigue........ :)

Try drinking milk. I lived on milk for 3 weeks as it was my pre-opt diet. Try to put your Vitamins on the kitchen counter so you see them all of the time, hopefully that will help you not forget. And yes you should try some different Protein Shakes and Greek yogurts. You can do this!!

I was told by the hospital staff to start taking my Vitamins 2 weeks after my surgery so you are good to go there.....Have you ever tried Premier shakes from costco or Sam's Club? If too thick' date=' can you thin it down with Water or milk? It is important to get the Protein and Water requirements because otherwise it contributes to fatigue........ :) [/quote']

That's "my" Protein Drink that I can't drink anymore. It was the only one I actually semi liked.

Try drinking milk. I lived on milk for 3 weeks as it was my pre-opt diet. Try to put your Vitamins on the kitchen counter so you see them all of the time' date=' hopefully that will help you not forget. And yes you should try some different Protein shakes and Greek yogurts. You can do this!![/quote']

I'll try some milk! The Vitamins are on the kitchen counter. I think I may start carrying them in my purse.

Walmart has chocolate powdered muscle milk, its pretty good. U can use 6-8 oz soy milk or 1% milk and add one scoop powder. Each powder scoop has 32 grams of Protein. If too thick for you just add more milk. Im a year out and have the same issue with the protein so i feel weak and my hair is still falling out but now im using this powder, hopefully it gets better.

I ordered some fruit Protein Drink powder from American Bariatrics - it is a little like Crystal Light. It comes in several flavors. I couldn't do the shakes, but I really enjoy these Fruit Drinks. They are 90 calories and have 15 grams of protein! Mix it with 8 or 10 ounces of Water, and you are getting in liquids, calories, AND protein! They have really helped me to meet my minimums. And yes - take those supplements. I have known others who have not and have landed back in the hospital with complications.

Try the world according to egg face. Google her blog, she has shake recipes. I made my own. chocolate powder(chike), 7 oz milk, and PB2 powder. At one month my nutritionist insisted I get 70 gms. And I argued the smell turned me off. She said I could use a straw, and to use a shaker bottle. It helped a lot. Talk to your nutritionist.

Today makes 2 weeks post op. I don't even wanna give my excuse for not taking my vitamins' date=' because it's sooooo weak. I simply just forget. And my Protein shakes are just sooooo hard to drink now. They're thick, and nasty, and I wanna puke just thinking about them. They were the only ones pre op I was able to tolerate the taste tho.[/quote']

Hi

Things will get better. In the beginning i only liked Syntax nectar Protein Shakes but at 4 weeks out I just tried pure Protein and like it too. I also tried Click expresso protein and OMG it's the best!! But Its only 17grams of protein so I will use it occasionally as a Breakfast treat. I do look at the world according to egg face for protein recipes.

It can be hard. But hard work pays off.

Good luck