Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

**Beware of SPAM Private Messages**

Hi,

I'm going to report this now but I wanted to share what I received in my private messages box. Just wanted you all to be aware of this crap being sent to me & possibly to others. How do they find us???

Here goes & it's from "Pam4Life"

Hello Dear,

How are you? I hope you are fine, if so glory be to God.

I am writing this letter with due respect since we have not known or met ourselves. I want to find out if it's possible for you to deal with individual as to investment .

I came across your profile today so I took it and prayed over it that is how I pick an interest getting across to you in respect of investment at my disposal. I will be so much glad if you can allow me and lead me to the right channel towards your assistance to my situation now. I will make my proposal well known if I am given the opportunity.

I would like to use this opportunity to introduce my self to you. my name is Pamela Beka from Ivory coast. presently I am residing in the Church camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country. I am 23 years old girl. my late father Dr.Solomon Beka, was the managing director of Gold and Diamond mine company in my country before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my father along side with my mother. It is only me that is alive now and I managed to move to nearby country Senegal where I am living today.

In this camp we are only allowed to go out only on Mondays and Fridays of the week. it's just like one staying in the prison and I hope by God grace I will come out here soon. I don't have any relatives now whom I can go to all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person we have now is Reverend pastor Steve Williams, who is the pastor of the (Christ The King Church) here in the camp he has been very nice to me since I came here but I am not living with him rather I am leaving in the women hostel because the camp have two hostels one for men the other for women.

The Reverend pastor's telephone number is (+221779652638) if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel to come and speak with you. as a refugee here I don't have any right or privileged to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country. I want to go back to my studies because I only attended my first year in university before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation today. please dear, listen to this, I have my late father's statement of account and death certificate here with me which I will send to you latter, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount in question is $3.8M(three million eight hundred thousand dollars).

so I will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over there in your country to meet you. I kept this secret to people in the camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend pastor because he is like a father to me. so in the light of above I will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for I am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people knows about it.

remember I am giving you all this information due to the trust I deposed on you with every confidence on your acceptance to assist me or adopt me as your daughter and manage the money for me. I like honest and understanding people, truthful and someone of vision, truth and hardworking. please, as soon as I receive your reply and your information's, I will give you the contact of the bank where the money was deposited by my late father so that you will contact the bank on how to transfer the money to your account in your country, hoping to receive your reply. meanwhile I will like you to call me like I said I have a lot to tell you, please via my personal email....( pam_beka1@yahoo.com )

have a nice day and think about me.

awaiting to hear from you soonest

yours sincerely,

Pamela.

So, just a word of warning for people NOT to fall for this stuff, if you have found one in your private message box too.

Just a Public Service Announcement!

OMG your so mean! Why don't you just give her your social security number birth certificate and id! Some people just want to steal an identity here and there so they can go on a trip. What's wrong with that?! Damn those pesky refugees who have access to a computer and no rights! And damn them for knowing our language when they are suffering from having nothing and no education and yet able to spell! The shame!!!! (Please detect all in sarcastic tone)

Wow..You might need to change your pass word I hate that this happen to you thanks for the heads up!!