Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 3/18 - a bit overwhelmed

That sucks that your husband doesn't get it! But it sounds like your going well otherwise! Sure having to take care of the kids is keeping you moving and burning those calories!! Keep your head up! It will be worth it!

Thanks.. How are you?

Thanks.. How are you?

I'm doing well. Down 25 pounds 9 pre op and 16 since surgery. I have a 12 year old daughter who has been helping me a lot and my husband has been great! The only thing is he won't let me commiserate if I say something negative he just says YAY! That's awesome! I guess that's a good thing but can be annoying. I have to go back to work Tuesday so I'm a little nervous about that just because I'm so tired and I have a very active job!

I was sleeved 3/18 as well. I have to say I've been lucky no nausea or vomitting. Of course alot of gas n one real complaint is I wake up with back pains everyday. I sleep pretty well except for the back pains. I guess maybe its the gas building up in my stomach. I'm curious how much ppl are getting down 10 days post-op. I'm worried I'm getting down too much. My Breakfast lunch n dinner is about 6oz of Soup n in between 8oz of Unjury Protein Shake (which taste really good btw) n of course my Water, not 64oz tho. Sometimes I do get the tight cramping feeling while having my soup. This is normal right?

Things have been going well but adjusting to the right amounts of food is proving tough. Have had some real bad bouts of gas. I'm on puréed foods now. Biggest challenge is when fam is having things like turkey sandwiches. Still find myself eating fast and suffering for it. And I just can not take the multivitamins! Anyone have a tolerable multi they recommend?

I was sleeved 3/18 as well. I have to say I've been lucky no nausea or vomitting. Of course alot of gas n one real complaint is I wake up with back pains everyday. I sleep pretty well except for the back pains. I guess maybe its the gas building up in my stomach. I'm curious how much ppl are getting down 10 days post-op. I'm worried I'm getting down too much. My breakfast lunch n dinner is about 6oz of Soup n in between 8oz of unjury Protein shake (which taste really good btw) n of course my water' date=' not 64oz tho. Sometimes I do get the tight cramping feeling while having my soup. This is normal right?[/quote']

I think I would give just about anything right at this moment to be able to get down this much!! I was also sleeved on the 18th but am having some major issues getting things down. No nausea or the like, just physically incapable of getting down more than 3oz of liquid on an hour. It sounds like you're healing well!

I think I would give just about anything right at this moment to be able to get down this much!! I was also sleeved on the 18th but am having some major issues getting things down. No nausea or the like' date=' just physically incapable of getting down more than 3oz of liquid on an hour. It sounds like you're healing well![/quote']

I was sleeved on the 18th as well and I'm not getting in all of my Protein the doctor said don't worry about it right now I just ate my first egg today and ate really slow and chewed forever. I know it will get better for all of us but the Water I get in with the help of crystal light and sugar free popsicles. Well ladies good luck and I pray it gets better for all of us :)

I am practically living on sugar free popsicles to keep me hydrated at the moment. I find it really hard to drink without taking sips that are too big - then my sleeve spasms. I am supposed to take these monster anti-gallstone pills as well, but I'm scared to death to swallow them! I just broke one in half and took half. Maybe it's just my anxiety, but I had a hard time getting it down. I'm still just staring at the other half... As far as the multiivitamin question goes, I've been taking opurity (made by the Unjury Protein people). They're not terrible, but I just wish they weren't so acidic/bitter.

I am practically living on sugar free popsicles to keep me hydrated at the moment. I find it really hard to drink without taking sips that are too big - then my sleeve spasms. I am supposed to take these monster anti-gallstone pills as well' date=' but I'm scared to death to swallow them! I just broke one in half and took half. Maybe it's just my anxiety, but I had a hard time getting it down. I'm still just staring at the other half... As far as the multiivitamin question goes, I've been taking opurity (made by the Unjury Protein people). They're not terrible, but I just wish they weren't so acidic/bitter.[/quote']

I bought Bariatric Advantage orange flavored chewable vitamins n they taste bitter as well. Yuck! Lol! Ok'd from my nutritionist today I had a chicken noodle Soup with an egg in it. Blended of course. I use Unjury chocolate Protein Powder. It taste soooo good! At nite I warm it up a bit.

I think I finally have the food part under control (special thanks to laura-ven - your advice has been great!). Had to LOL on the mega gallstone pills. I have had to set up a special regimen to just get meds down. They were getting "stuck" it seemed. That's not even the supplements. Having a horrible time on the multi vitamin...gone through at least 3 different brands and not able to down them at all. On the Calcium, I got some Bariatric Advantage calcium powder but it is definitely not "unflavored" as it states. I've upped my milk intake and am taking Tums Ultra. Not as good for absorption as others, but my primary care doc said its better than nothing. Since I can get that down, I will stick with that for a bit. Too bad everything isn't as easy as that B12!!!

I'm still taking Vita fusion MultiVites gummy vitamins that I bought at Sam's Club. Not bad at all and much better than any of the chewable ones I tried before.