Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 2nd Support Group

Anyone up to meet on Dec. 2nd for a support gropu meeting? One of the girls i meet last time Janet wants to have it at her house. So if I can get a head count then I can send out the address. It will be Dec. 2, at 3:00pm

Would love to try to drive down for the meeting, but it is my granddaughter's 2nd birthday....so will be here celebrating! Hope you all have fun!!!

Kat

Awwww Kat, you will be missed. Maybe you can plan to make the next meeting.

Here is a note from the lady who is holding the Support Group this week

There are already about 5 people that I know who are going to be there. I hope some from here will be able to make it.

Well there is a Nurse Practioner who is trying to get certified to do the fills here in Rio Rancho and she has had some Obesity help Training about lap-band and other weight loss surgery about how to start a group and get some materials and starting a website and etc, she sounded very nice and wants to help!

Hi Trish,

I of course will be their at the meeting on Dec. 2. Can you e-mail me Janets e-mail address, so I can get her home address. I got it from her, but of course anything that goes into my purse get lost in the black hole!

I look forward to meeting with you girls again, and I hope we have some new people show up too! That would be great.

Nanette:clap2:

:wow2: :wow2: :wave: :cheer2: :uwelcome: :success1: :(

Hi! We had a great time at Janets today and missed you! We plan to have another lapband New Mexico the first Saturday of each month. So, hope to see you there next time. We'll post more details as they develope!

HELLO MY NAME IS ROSE ....I AM GETTING BANDED ON 1/11/06 ....IN Tijuana .....I NEED TO FIND PEOPLE IN ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO ...TO TALK WITH !!! I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO FIND A FILL DOCTOR HERE ????? PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH ALL OF YOU SOUTH WEST PEOPLE !!!!

225 PRE OP

140 GOAL

44 YEARS OLD

5'5"

ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO

Hi rose, I am not in Albuquerque, I am in Farmington---but it is nice to have you here!!! I use a fill Dr. in Colorado--it would surebe more convenient to have one in ABQ---maybe we will soon, I have heard some advertisements on TV!! Welcome to LBT, and if you have any questions concerning your surgery, feel free to ask!!!

Good Luck, and I am so glad you are here!!!

Kat

Hi Rose,

I live in Rio Rancho, and was banded on Oct.26, in Dallas Tex.. We are forming a support group for lap-band people, and you are welcome to join us. There are just a few of us so far, but we welcome anyone with a band or anyone who is getting one or thinking about the process.

We meet on the first Sat. of the month. If you are interested, let me know. Another member of our group also get her band in TJ.

My Dr. in Texas set up a way for us to get fills here. It is at El Camino Imaging Center. I dont know if they will take patients from other doctors, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck, and welcome .

Nanette

Banded 10-26-06

Dr. Benivede

Dallas, Texas

Lost 33 pounds -47 to go!

OMG ....I AM SO HAPOPY TO HEAR FROM YOU NANETTE !!! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM !!!!! I GUESS I HAVE TO LOSE THE SAME AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AS YOU ......WE NEED TO TALK GIRL !!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING ....WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD OR NOT LOOK FORWARD TO ???? WHEN CAN WE MEET ???? LETS START A GROUP HERE ....AT YOUR HOME OR MINE ....WE CAN START THERE RIGHT ???? I REALLY NEED SUPPORT TO GET ME THROUGH THIS ...I KNOW I AM MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION ....OH I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW !!! PLEASE CALL ME AT 505-856-1844 OR EMAIL TO RGABALDONR@AOL.COM . THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INFORMATION ....OH HOW I WOULD LOVE TO STAY HERE TO GET MY FILLS ....I HOPE THEY CAN ACCOMODATE ME HERE WOULDNT THAT BE LOVELY ???? OKAY I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT WITH YOU SOMETIME ....I AM AN EXTREAMLY BUSY GAL ......I WORK 2 JOBS ....I AM A HAIRDRESSER FOR 25 YEARS HAVE MY OWN SALON AND I ALSO WORK FOR INNPOINTS WORLDWIDE ...AND MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS FROM 7-12 M-F IM A SINGLE MOM WITH A 9 YEAR OLD SON ....SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS BUSY !!!! BUT I WILL MAKE TIME TO CHAT WITH YOU !!! PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH ...VIA EMAIL OR CALL !!! THANKS ROSE

Rose, Welcome to your new life style!!! I can hardly wait to meet you too! I was banded by Dr. Kuri in Tijuana. Is he going to be your surgeon? We'll have a Bandster's Support Group meeting on Sat. Jan 6, although I can't be there because I'm going to a two day conference in Tuscon with ObesityHelp.com and don't want to miss it. We should talk sometime. The abqnbb.com which is a support group for anyone who has had weight loss surgery meets on first and third Wed. nites at 6 p.m. at the Presbyterian Hospital in the cafeteria over near San Mateo and I'25. Would you like to join me there Wednesday nite? Give me a call. 249-0996. Best wishes! Carol

Nanette---I would really like to get the phone number if I could for the El Camino Imaging Center---so I could call and check into whether they would be willing to do my fills. It is a shorter ride, than to where I go in Colorado. Plus at least there are a lot of things I can do there---meet friends "for lunch" for instance!!! It would be worth a phone call for me to find out!!! Look forward to hearing from you. Will be trying to make the January meeting, will mainly depend on the weather. It is snowing like crazy here right now...has been off & on all day.

TTYL!!

Kat

Has anyone used fillcentersusa here in ABQ? I called and they said that Dr. Lewis got trained last month to start doing fills. $299 initial/$199 after. Does he use fluro

Hello Jeanette ....my name is Rose ...i will be getting banded on Jan 11, 2007 ....Dr Kuri in TJ ....wow I had not yet heard about ...a fill doctor here .....I only heard from Nanette about a nurse practictioner that recently got trained ...at the image center .its so good to know that we really don't have to go back to TJ if we don't have to. keep in touch with me ....we can compare our experiences with one another .......Rose rgabaldonr@aol.com

band date

Jan 11, 2007

Pre weight 225

Goal 140 :bananapartyhat:

height 5'5"

Yeah A fill Dr. here would really be helpful, its wonderful to see so many people in the Alb. area with a band.

Right now I need a fill so bad. and I have to wait until spring, I will not travel to CO in this type of weather. I would pay 300.. that wouls actually save me, i spend at lest 500 for the trip, the Dr. visit, food, hotel... yeah it would surely save me money.