Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hunger??

Hi all!! I was banded in Mar 04, started at 305 down to 245. I have had some problem with food coming back up when I eat to fast up until now I havent been hungry between meal but now I am starting to feel hungry. I have had 1 fill. Anyone exp the same feeling?:)

Hi Koukla,

Sure, of course we all feel hungry from time to time! I found that eating three ounces of something at a meal is just not enough to keep me from being hungry a couple of hours later. Nor would I expect it to! I'm still a full-grown adult, and while I don't need the copious amounts of food I used to put away I do need a certain amount of sustenance to continue my day.

So sure, have a snack now and then! Just listen closely to your stomach and stop eating when your hunger pangs have gone. You'll be amazed at how, sometimes, it takes as little as 3 almonds or one bite of cheese for that to happen. It may be time for another fill, too, but that all depends on more than whether you get hungry between meals.

You've lost 60 lbs in 4 months!! Holy cow, child, eat something! :) :) :D

Have you had a problem with food coming back up I find when I eat really really slow it is ok but sometimes actualy a lot of the times I eat fast and it comes back up. I hate it.:)

That means the band is working, it's doing exactly what you want it to do. Eating too fast was a big problem for me pre-banding, and I'm very glad that it keeps me from doing it. That's the key to my losing weight--I'm eating slowly, thoughtfully, and as a result can stop when I've had enough.

It's not good to let it happen too often, since having the food come back up can put stress on your band and your esophagus and lead to problems. If it's happening to you a lot, try to change your eating habits. If it's still hard to eat solid food even if you're chewing a lot and eating small amounts at a time, you may be too tight and need a small unfill.

Hi Koukla

You are doing fabulous. I was also hungry after my first fill. I went back 7 weeks later and the doctor gave me another fill which is wonderful. I think some doctors are kinda funny about giving a fill when losing weight. I know I eat three small meals and two Snacks since I can't eat so much at one time.

Good luck.

Christine