Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some things that you cannot eat after surgery that you have before surgery!

I was just wondering if there are things that anyone just can not tolerate since there surgery to eat. I have heard from a couple people that apples is one thing they wish they could have but cant anymore. I would really like some input on this since I have not had my surgery yet... It has been on my mind some lately. Thanks ahead of time for all that respond :)

Early on chicken was a little tricky. But after the 3-4 month mark I eat anything and everything! Hence the name sleeve of steel!

I think for everyone it's different. Part of it too will be because your tastes/sense of smell changes. For me, I used to LOVE seafood. Any and all kinds. Now, I can't hardly stand the smell of many kids of seafood and the taste is like dead rotten ocean salt. I also used to LOVE bacon, now it tastes like salty grease. However, everyone is different. The good thing about having issues with digesting certain foods usually goes away with time. I personally haven't eaten anything that physically disagreed with me luckily, so just know some things will change, and be open to knowing it might not always be pleasant figuring out what those things might be for you.

Yeah I think everyone is different. I can tolerate everything from red meat to pork to sweets!!! I do notice however if I reheat chicken or pork it goes down ruff the next day. It is way to dry. I also eat bread with no issue.

Thank you all so much for your help...! This has helped me out . :-) I need all the help and support I can get right now. I am getting quiet nervous and anixous as my surgery is not far away... :-)

Good luck! You will do great. The first few days may be challenging but remain positive and remember why you did this. The positivity helps a lot!

I can eat pretty much everything I want. Some really bready things sit heavy in my sleeve. Otherwise the only thing that seems to make me sick is premade SlimFast shakes.< /p>

Any and everything lol but it just so happens that what I cook is uber healthy.

I have heard of bread being a issue with others in my support group as well...Which I don't eat much bread to begin with, so I am hoping this will not be a issue for me, if I do have alittle after surgery is over. Congrats to all of you for all your hard work what pics I have seen of you guys have been amazing! Gives me alot of hope! :D

I used to be a huge fan of eggs but can't stand the texture of them anymore. Spaghetti also isn't very appeasing to my palate.

So far ice cream and clam chowder are the only things that have made me sick. I ate the smallest amount of ice cream- it was actually a couple bites if a shamrock shake. Other than that- most things are a-ok! Even tried a hot dog and bun tonight at a basketball game. I am 6 weeks out and down -32lbs.

The only thing that I still cannot eat at almost 7 months post op is sugar. A bite of something sweet here or there doesnt hurt. But more than one bite gives me flu like symptoms. Chills, sweating, stomach ache, heart racing, and sometimes throw up.i was never a sweet eater pre op, so i doesn't really bother me. Plus it helps keep me in line ;)

Boat ..Congrats on 32 pounds! i will be happy to get to that point one day :) And nikiw u are alot like me I don't do sugar as it is now so hopefully it will be easy for me after surgery. Thanks for your comments :) I wish u all continued success! :)

I used to be a huge fan of eggs but can't stand the texture of them anymore. Spaghetti also isn't very appeasing to my palate.

Yes i like both of those things as well i guess i will have to see how things go ... Thanks for your help!