Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am back

While it is a great achievement to get to goal, success is keeping it off.

I hate the fact that the people who have had this surgery post 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 years are not on this site anymore. MAYBE they are living fabulously skinny, but my pessimistic and I believe realistic view point is that some/most are struggling. Of course there is always going to be that one lady who is like I am perfect, i made it, the sleeve still works for me...Who cares about you! I believe you are the minority.

I got pregnant so the sleeve is not working for me now...up almost 20 pounds! But I will get back to you a couple of months after the baby drops to see where I am. My 2 year surgiversary is June 13, 2013.

I just think people are not smart when it comes to this process long term because no one is really sharing their long term stories. There are 1000 people who have just had the surgery and 10 who had it 2 years ago.

So again, I ask everyone to stick around years out. Even if you are just touching base once every couple of months.

And 1 year out is not really far. Let's say 3 years and up!

You've said it, have you seen the Veteran's forum June13sleever it's rather new.....Could use your imput too.... IMO :)

I wonder who is the "farthest out" member here. Mods?

Yes! there is even a member there CLK that's pregnant like you! You two should have a lot In common.

Huh?

I'm not sure if this is tongue in cheek or what ...

I got pregnant so the sleeve is not working for me now...up almost 20 pounds!

Uh ... you're pregnant. Did you really want to NOT gain weight? Did you really expect to not gain when you are pregnant?

IMO, people leave the site because they get tired of the high school, petty misunderstandings. I used to be the target of many attacks, if you may remember. There is so much drama on here. I know I have to take breaks from time to time. I have learned how to navigate the land-mines here. But I am a member of a 12 step program that teaches me to carry my experience, strength and hope to others struggling. In the process, it causes me to struggle at times, for sure.

Congrats on your pregnancy AND congrats on your weight gain. Seriously ... you're pregnant ...

BTW, I don't struggle at all with maintenance. This is all through the foods I eat. I had two back surgeries in the last 5 months and have basically stopped all exercise for the last 8 months due to a blown disc in L4/L5.

When I dropped my exercise, I dropped my calories. I was at about 2,200 calories when I was exercising rigorously and now I am around 1,600 ... I would guess as I no longer track. I have found the balance that works for me. I eat nutritious, well balanced meals. I don't have food cravings and I cheat like a M/F at times.

Had me a big bowl of ice cream the other night. Same size as pre-sleeve. Ate the whole thing, no problem.

I'm hoping to be back in exercise form once I finish my physical therapy in another 6 weeks or so and at that time, I'm sure I will be upping my calories again.

I try to get out there and post my experience, strength and hope as much as I can. I have learned a lot from here and continue to research nutritional information and share what I learn. I feel like we all were rescued from a sinking ship. I want to pull out as many people from the freezing Water as I can.

I'm glad to see you are back. Why did you leave? Was it for the reasons you stated?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches