Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what are you eating for breakfast in the soft/pureed stage?

I am 4weeks out and im in the soft/pureed stage. I am getting worn out on grits and eggs, tuna, applesauce, and Jello. I also drink a Protein Shake sometimes. What else can I eat during that stage???? Help help, help.

I have been eating almost the same thing for every meal. Finely shredded chicken, taco mix, salsa, refried Beans and cheese.

Here's the recipe:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/blog/2115/entry-5538-my-favorite-mexican-food/

Cinnabon cream of wheat, oatmeal packets, eggs w/ laughing cow cheese mixed in, smoothies

I have been eating almost the same thing for every meal. Finely shredded chicken' date=' taco mix, salsa, refried Beans and cheese.

Here's the recipe:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/blog/2115/entry-5538-my-favorite-mexican-food/[/quote']

That's sounds delicious ..minus the cheese...I'm lactose intolerant..lol..I will try that, its sounds tasty. As far as salsa, is it safe to have Tomato based things? With the acid it may have???

Cinnabon cream of wheat' date=' oatmeal packets, eggs w/ laughing cow cheese mixed in, smoothies[/quote']

Ohhhhhh, I will try the oatmeal and cream of wheat...thanks for the ideas.

oatmeal for sure.. I dont like it but it was on my list.. sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding.. cream soups.. smoothies... Protein shakes.. protein drinks.. mashed potatoes.. soft eggs.. stuff like that...

That's sounds delicious ..minus the cheese...I'm lactose intolerant..lol..I will try that, its sounds tasty. As far as salsa, is it safe to have Tomato based things? With the acid it may have???

I'm almost a month out and my PA says no salsa yet at this point. She said it's bc salsa has raw vegetables, and I pointed out that jarred salsa has cooked vegetables--but to me, the other issue is that most salsa has seeds, and seeds are the thing that my surgeon warns against probably the most. We can't have them for at least 120 days after surgery bc they can cause problems with your staple line if they get caught. It's probably a relatively small risk--I'm sure many people eat seeds without an issue--but I'm not willing to take any chances. Anything that I can do that's in my power, I want to do.

Ohhhhhh, I will try the oatmeal and cream of wheat...thanks for the ideas.

They are good cooked with Protein drink too (I use Muscle Milk Light)--just don't cook too long or reheat and use the instant Cream of Wheat or oatmeal. Tastes like chocolate Malt O Meal. Don't eat this too much bc of the carbs (my body is very carb sensitive) but had it twice and it was very good.

oatmeal for sure.. I dont like it but it was on my list.. sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding.. cream soups.. smoothies... Protein shakes.. Protein drinks.. mashed potatoes.. soft eggs.. stuff like that...

Thanks Nancy...oatmeal wasn't on my list so I never ate it but I always thought it was a soft food...maybe it was omitted by mistake...I will try it..thanks