Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

United Health Care Question

Hello,

I'm starting my research today and I was hoping that someone could tell me the approx out of pocket dollar amount they had using United Health Care? My insurance covers 80% and I'd be paying the remaining 20%.

Thanks,

Patty

My 20% of the surgeon's fee was 1000.00

My 20% of anesthesia was 360.00

My hospital charge was a 50.00 copay.

I was on a different insurance when I had my pretesting done.

Myra

I have UHC but didn't have to pay 20%, just my copay responsibilities. Inpatient was covered at 100%. Total out of pocket for the surgery was about $180 worth of $20 copays.

I Will Be With Uhc PPO Starting January

I Was Told By The Customer Service Rep That They Will Pay 80%

all They Require Of Me Is A Bmi Of 40 And Letter From Dr. Rivas!!

I Will Pay 20% Not Including My Co-pays Of Office Visits

My Insurance Guy Said I'm Looking At 2200.00 Out Of Pocket

I Say It's An Investment That I Will Never Regret!!

Size 14 Here I Come!!!!

Good Luck See You On The Other Side

I guess everyone has a different plan, depending on your employer. I was told by UHC that I just had to have a BMI of 40 to qualify, and my maximum out of pocket is $1,000.00. I have the 90%/10% plan is what they told me, so I would have to pay 10% with a miximum out of pocket of $1,000.

Funny how everyone is different but with the same insurance. I feel lucky that I do have an insurance that will cover WLS as many do not.

UHC offers 9 different plans just where I work, and the one I have is specific to where I live, so I don't even want to try and guess how many are available on an inter/national basis!

Here's a list of what my surgery cost, formatted as "total charge"/"patient responsibility". (Note that total charge is the original charge, not the tiny amount that is actually paid once network rates are applied)

$1347.98/$0

$35.00/$0

$4000/$0

$2023.99/$0

$18/$0

$42/$0

$29,076.25/$0

$165.00/$0

$165.00/$20 (copay to psych)

$330.00/$20 (copay to psych)

$200/$20 (copay to psych)

$116/$20 (copay to the hospital)

$228/$20 (copay to the surgeon)

So total billed for my surgery was just under $40,000

Total out of my pocket was $100 (including a few other copays to PCP for physical, etc.)

Kicker is that total my insurance company paid out is something like $1800, once their negotiated rates were applied.

WOW - Wheetsin, you got a hellova deal! I can't believe the total price was just under $40,000, and the insurance negotiaed rate was $1800. Too bad they don't offer negotiated rates to out of pocket people.

I think you have a great insurance plan!

PS, very impressed with your stats too! you are rockin!

I Have United Health Care. I Thought I Would Have To Pay 20 % Was Pleasently Surprised To Be Approved In 5 Days. And Only Paid 30 Co Pay Like An Office Visit. I Now Pay 30 For Each Fill. I Love United Health They Have Made My Life So Much Better. I Have 6 Pounds To Go To Goal. 71 Pounds Since Jan. 28 2006. I Love The Band And Dr. Spivak.:eek:

hey ya'll

Well my insurance is with uhc and they pay 70% surgeon, 70% anthesiatology, 100% hospital stay but i am wait to hear from the insurance company to see if it approved the surgery, I am nervous too, I am praying that it pays for it and i can go ahead and have the surgery

The approved me out of network for my surgery but it took a letter from my doctor stating he was the only surgeon within a 30 mile radius. They don't, however cover my fills.

I had UHC PPO. I paid $200 hospital co-pay, $250 for the physicians assistant, and $250 to the sleep study. Besides the $15 co-pays per visit, that was it. And the approval process was seamless. I had my surgery 5 weeks to the day after my innitial consultation. I never talked to the insurance company, my doctors office did all the work. Easiest thing I have done in a long time! I just changed jobs and was pleased to find out I will still have UHC. I am sure it will be a little different based on the terms and exclusion from my company, but I know the UHC has been great.