Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 years post just had a baby 7months ago & gaining weight

1st let me say the sleeve has been the best thing I have ever done, it saved my life. 2.5years ago I was almost 600lbs, I lost 250lbs in 1 year after having the sleeve and then I got pregnant I lost 30lbs making my highest weight loss 280lbs but then during my my 7month through 9th month where I gained 50lbs which scarred the crap out of me but after my son was born I dropped 52lbs in 5 days which made me estatic but one month later is where it all falls apart I put back on 45lbs in the last 6months. I have had a ton of stress on me and that is not even talking about taking care of my newborn there has just been a ton of family issues. I have been too embarasssed to contact my NUT or psyhcologist . I have been snaking and eating stuff I know I shouldnt eat and the more I try to change the more frustrated I become. I know I am having complete head hunger caused from stress as before weightloss surgery I was am emotional eater. I am at a loss for words right now as I can not seem to fix this . I know I am having some post partum issues but I believe stress is the #1 factor for this as I cant sleep well , I am frustrated all the time and tired and depressed. I love what the sleve has done for me and for once in my life I want to finish this weightloss journey and get down to the 250lbs I set out to do in the begining which means right now I have 95lbs more to lose and right now I am feeling hopeless and need help getting back on track to get there. any insight or ideas would be much appriciated. Thank you...

1st let me say the sleeve has been the best thing I have ever done' date=' it saved my life. 2.5years ago I was almost 600lbs, I lost 250lbs in 1 year after having the sleeve and then I got pregnant I lost 30lbs making my highest weight loss 280lbs but then during my my 7month through 9th month where I gained 50lbs which scarred the crap out of me but after my son was born I dropped 52lbs in 5 days which made me estatic but one month later is where it all falls apart I put back on 45lbs in the last 6months. I have had a ton of stress on me and that is not even talking about taking care of my newborn there has just been a ton of family issues. I have been too embarasssed to contact my NUT or psyhcologist . I have been snaking and eating stuff I know I shouldnt eat and the more I try to change the more frustrated I become. I know I am having complete head hunger caused from stress as before weightloss surgery I was am emotional eater. I am at a loss for words right now as I can not seem to fix this . I know I am having some post partum issues but I believe stress is the #1 factor for this as I cant sleep well , I am frustrated all the time and tired and depressed. I love what the sleve has done for me and for once in my life I want to finish this weightloss journey and get down to the 250lbs I set out to do in the begining which means right now I have 95lbs more to lose and right now I am feeling hopeless and need help getting back on track to get there. any insight or ideas would be much appriciated. Thank you...[/quote']

Congrats. on your baby. Talk to your OB to find out what is going on. I haven't had the surgery yet but, that is next. I feel sure you might have a hormones all jiggled up. Best of luck to you. Let us know.

Congrats on the baby! Maybe you can find a way to deal with the stress. I know exercising is good. Maybe taking a walk after you feed the baby or when the baby is sleeping walk around the house. Just think, you wee able to do this before and I'm sure you can do it again. We're all looking to improve our health and the sleeve is a great tool to have. Try going back to the basics when you first got sleeve. Here's a link to the 5 day pouch test that could help get you on the right track again. I've read about it and heard of others recommending it that I book marked it for myself.

Good luck with your sleeve and enjoy that baby of yours....they don't stay little for long. It seems like with a blink of an eye my kids are going off to college. I can't believe I'll be an empty nester soon. :blink:

http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/days1_2.html

Maybe you can start over to phase 1 again? Try to start Protein first veggies second and good carbs if you have room for them. As for everything you have going on let it go if theres nothing you can do about it. Stress does cause weigh t gain no doubt about it. We are here for you. You will get through this and the weight will start coming off again. Keep positive and strong, honestly only things you really need to worry about is you getting healthier for that new precious gift that God has given you. Good luck we are here for you.

Like they said...you did it before, you CAN do it again! Your going to have to kick yourself in the butt again & remember what the sleeve can do! But it IS only a tool....you have to stop the grazing on crap & get back to focusing on Protein first! That new baby needs you & deserves a happy, healthy momma! Good luck! & keep us posted!

The sleeve is the first part of a gastric bypass. You may need to have a second operation to convert to a gastric bypass if you cant do it on your own. I would wait until you are done having kids to do that though.

First, congrats on your success so far - losing such a significant amount of weight is a success, despite your struggles right now.

Second, congrats on your new addition, stress and all!

Kudos for stepping up and admitting that you're struggling. It's embarrassing and it's hard to admit and of course it's frustrating. But coming here and looking for support is a big step and I applaud your decision to do so.

It sounds like you have a few things going on. Major emotional upheaval and the stress of a new baby coupled with remaining disordered eating is wrecking havoc on you right now. I am sure that the stress is also affecting your hormones which can't make things any easier for you.

I do suggest that if you can and if you're comfortable with it, that you pursue some counseling to help you through this rough period. There is no shame in it, and you'll have a dedicated person that will listen and help guide you through this part of your journey. You might even shelve some of those food demons for good, which can only improve your life and your chances of staying at goal once you get there.

You have a lot going on and it sounds like that old coping mechanism is what's cushioning the blow for you. It's only natural because we spent far more of our lives building those habits than trying to break them. But you do have to learn how to break them eventually if you want long term success.

Try to go back to basics. A good place to start is to purge your house of the foods that you're using to cope and sabotage your success. Try the five day pouch test. It's hard, but it will very likely help you #1, kick the carb monster off your back and #2, remember how you're supposed to be eating.

Because you need to go back to the beginning here and start over. Ninety five pounds sounds overwhelming but it's a fraction of what you've already lost and you can succeed here if you buckle down and put your best foot forward.

Protein shakes. Protein first. A gallon of Water a day. High protein Snacks between meals. No slider carbs. Good quality carbohydrates in moderation with your meals to prevent binges on junk. You know this stuff - I'm sure that you don't need anyone here to tell you what to do to lose weight because you already shed a lot!

You can do this. You're not failing, you're hitting a roadblock that many of us hit at various points. I fell off my plan twice in my 17 month loss phase. It didn't stop me from picking up and getting back on program so I could hit goal.

Best of luck. Search out those emotional eating and binge threads on VST. They're really useful and full of ladies with similar struggles.

You really CAN do this. Do not give up and take it one step and one pound at a time.

~Cheri

The sleeve is the first part of a gastric bypass. You may need to have a second operation to convert to a gastric bypass if you cant do it on your own. I would wait until you are done having kids to do that though.

It's actually the first phase of the DS (duodenal switch) but I agree and would definitely wait to finish having kids because of the malabsorption of the DS. But with only 95 pounds of more than 300 in your initial goal to lose, I see no reason the sleeve can't get the OP there if she recommits.

~Cheri

agreeing with everyone s comments......you may want to move on to part2, youhave done amazing ....and congrats on your little one.

I am only 18 weeks and up almost 20 pounds. My eating habits are ****. I am very worried to. I truly believe at this point this sleeve can sort of help you, but this is where you have to help yourself. The sleeve maybe over. I know others don't see it this way, and I could care less what they think. You could have a sleeve revision...Which I would opt for first before the bypass. Or you somehow get to the biggest loser camp thingy for a couple of weeks. It may only take a couple of weeks to break some bad habits and start you on your road to being fit again. I am pretty much certain I will be gaining more than 40 during this pregnancy. I can eat like a horse. Whatever you need to do, you need to do it now and not wait for 10 more pounds, but...if the sleeve still can work...YOU are going to have to work it. Eat nothing (800 to 1000 calories) and work out 2 to 4 hours a day...Basically going back to the beginning. But this is where I warned everyone. You may not be able to go back to those wonderful days of hardly doing anything and losing. A lot to think about, but no matter what get moving on it now and whatever you decide will be ok. Just don't decide for too long to not have another procedure if you fail to accomplish your goals within a reasonable amount of time.