Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am eating 8 small meals all Proteins

Hi I just had my EGD with balloon dilatation last Wednesday. I was having the same exact symptoms along with severe exhaustion. I was only getting about 350 calories a day. My sleeve and esophagus was very narrow in a few places. My surgeon has recommended that I eat 5-7 meals a day. Even after the dilatation I can only eat 2-3 oz of food at best which is why he wanted me to eat more often. I am on solids now but that is even more difficult. I've realized I do much better with foods like yogurt and the inside of a potato. I have also been doing what TES recommened when I start to get extremely dizzy I try to eat half a Protein Bar, drink half an ensure, handful of almonds, or a light mini babel cheese. It usually helps. I know what you mean about work I just went back and it is awful! I am a nurse in an ICU and it kills me. Luckily I have amazing co workers who are really helping me through by helping me with patient care and recognizing when I am feeling like crap. The one thing I am disappointed about is lack of exercise. I can walk and thats about it and a slow walk at that. When I start to pick up pace and sweat (like I should) I get nauseous and dizzy. Then I have to stop and wait for it to pass and then I don't even want to continue. I believe I am having a slower weight loss because I cannot exercise at my full potential yet. Really hoping this will eventually get better.

Thx

I had similar dizzy spells, but not as severe as you describe. My blood work also came back normal with no signs of dehydration....but when I increased my Water and sodium intake I felt much better and the symptoms went away. Many people who are going low carb (as we pretty much are right after surgery) end up in a higher level of ketosis than we are used to. Sodium management becomes even more important and yet our intake goes down, and often times on purpose because most people think it's healthy to eat low sodium. It usually is except in ketosis, then it's important to get in a regular amount of sodium because you are not hanging on to what you have.

Anyway, my point is you might try adding some sodium packed flavoring to your Water (I like propel) and drinking more. It helped me.

Thx

I am very scared

I am very scared

You still need some carbs. Try some g2. I was really weak and had absolutely no energy so doc had me up my carbs from 30 gr to 50 for a bit. Changed me from g2 to regular gatorade for a few days. Felt much better and have had no probs since. I use my fitness pal and keep carbs at about 30 and fat goal is 20 but im not meeting it yet. Protein goal is 80 and i end up at about 90-100. And of course talk to your dr and nut.

I got dizzy too for about two weeks. I also had some nausea with it. For me it was around week 10 and 30 lbs down. The doc thought it was vertigo and said sometimes people loose the fat pad in their inner ear with rapid weight loss. I wore a scopolamine (sp?) patch for about 10 days and it helped. (I even went to Disneyland.) warning this did make my vision blurry and I had to make the font really big on my computer for a while. :)

Another poster mentioned hypoglycemia. My doc suspected that and had me test 30 min after eating. Apparently there's a phenomenon card reactive hypoglycemia where you overproduce insulin.)

Hang in there!

I felt the same way the first week and a half after surgery! When I asked my surgeon about it he said that it was my body's way of trying to adjust to everything! I am 17days out and I am feeling fine now! I also make sure I don't wait to long to eat/drink something when I get up in the morning and stay hydrated!