Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas? and Hunger Pains

I was sleeved on 1/8/13. I just had a bad case of the stomach virus/flu the other week. And ever since I can't drink Water, my Protein, or my crystal light anymore. It tastes horrible to me. I always feel hungry and get these hunger headachs. Once I eat I am ok. Did anyone feel like this? Not sure if its gas but everytime I eat I feel the food is stuck in my chest/throat. I try to burp and my food also comes up too. I dont eat very much so I try to keep down what I take in. Last night was just 3 tator tots. Suffered like heck waiting for it to go down. I feel like drinking a soda just to try and burp out that gassy feeling I have within. Did anyone experience this?

I haven't gone thru the flu yet...knock on wood...But I am also having the same feeling with the taste of my shakes. I added some banana to my shake and this helped. Since your tummy just went through the flu, it may still be traumatized. Try having just soft food for a few days, you know like the BRAT diet. Good luck to you. Feel better! :)

I was sleeved on 1/8/13. I just had a bad case of the stomach virus/flu the other week. And ever since I can't drink water' date=' my Protein, or my crystal light anymore. It tastes horrible to me. I always feel hungry and get these hunger headachs. Once I eat I am ok. Did anyone feel like this? Not sure if its gas but everytime I eat I feel the food is stuck in my chest/throat. I try to burp and my food also comes up too. I dont eat very much so I try to keep down what I take in. Last night was just 3 tator tots. Suffered like heck waiting for it to go down. I feel like drinking a soda just to try and burp out that gassy feeling I have within. Did anyone experience this?[/quote']

I have the hunger pains -- I'm 8 days out. It really hurts and feels unpleasant. I am on pepcid 2x a day but it still doesn't help. :(

I experienced hunger pains right after surgery as well. Some people don't get hungry but I found myself hungry and craving. It is a HUGE challenge emotionally. I hope things will get better for you. Maybe sucking on popsicles might help as you are eating something that takes awhile to finish. That way you are tricking your mind thinking that you are eating. Jello also helped me. Try not to drink anything that has a lot of air. I know after surgery I couldn't blend my protien drinks anymore as it created to much gas and made it worse on my stomach with the gas pains. I started to use another Protein Drink found at Costco/Sam's that is about 30g of Protein for 11oz of Fluid. That helped a whole lot as well and kept me on the full side.

As for me....I am going backwards. I was supposed to start eating regular foods but my doctor put me back on purees. With me, he said that my stomach opening was still too small and the food was not getting through. That was the reason why I felt the food being stuck in my throat and chest area after 2 bites. I chewed it good, but it had a hard time passing and I would have to try and drink something to get it down. He said I might have to stretch my stomach as I am not able to eat that much and my fluid intake is very low. My doctor said that I am losing too much weight to fast and I can feel it. I am tired and experience a lot of hanger pains and headaches due to lack of food. Energy is at it's all time low. I don't regret the surgery, it is just going to take my body sometime to recover and get used to the new adjustment. How else could I have lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks? I pray things will get better for you.