Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

thanks sugarbear lisa is being mean to me someone needs to make her behave she knows i can't have crackers i'll get choked!!!!

Ola!

I pray all is well with everyone...

Been 10-11 days and hanging in there. Get to see Dr. Keilin on Friday for 2 week follow-up.

Boy am I sick of chocolate/Slimfast. In college I lived on Bisquick and noodles (all the rest of what little $ I had then went to rent and...er...spirits; but I digress). I'm actually craving them fattening college carbs again.

The most difficult thing about this liquid-y diet time is... no crunch; no texture, other than what broth is thicker than the other.

I was wondering: When I was Banded, did I get it with or without any saline inside? I forgot to ask. Do I actually have any banding restriction/constriction right now?

Adios...

Teresa, I am sure it is harder when you have the family to cook for. My youngest which is in college was in and out, mostly out. My husband refused for me to cook while I could not eat. He made do or had Soup, or something quick-fix, like pot pies or the like. I felt bad about it but didn't cook any full meals. Then the post-op was about the same. Soooo, I hardly cooked for 4 weeks! I have to confess....I enjoyed that part. Especially the cleaning up! I don't know if it gets easier or just grows on you, but every day is one more day closer to a new you, and one you don't have to ever repeat! Keep hanging in there.

Thj. No they do not put any saline when you first have surgery. You may have some swelling in the stomach which gives you a sense of restriction, but it is not from the band being tightened with saline. Also, the size of your stomach, the part where the band is around, is a different size than mine. Soooo, your band may "fit" closer or tighter than mine. Like Lo2us. hers fits tighter. Most don't even know when they get their first fill. But Lo2 couldn't tolerate a full dose her first fill and had to have a bit of it removed. Me, I had my 3rd fill before I even noticed anything. I am going to recieve my 5th fill on the 10th. I am hoping for the restriction I need, at that time. I haven't reached it yet. Everyone is different. You can crunch on some sf popcicles. Take care

Where's Vlynn? I am worried.................

Good morning everyone. How's every little thing this morning?

Thj, bad carbs.....bad carbs. Stay away from them. Don't eat carbs unless you have Protein to go with them. I just try to stay away from them as much as possible. Especially those in liquid form. lol Like I said, work on the protein part. I know that's hard for you right now, but you can do it by getting some Protein Powder and mixing it with Water or skim milk. Also there are some vials you can purchase at the noscales.com e-store. They are very small (3 ounces, I think) and are packed with protein. That should help with the cravings.

Sugarbear, I think Lynn has just been busy with her new "job". She may be too tired to even get online when she gets home. I would be exhausted from the stress myself.

Susan.........have a good day. (broke toe) hehe.

TP... are you awake??? I know you didn't sleep last nite. Anyone that had a sleep study done knows that you don't sleep that night. lol Go take a nap.

Shannon, thanks for the tip bout the virus going around. We do NOT need that in our house.

Better git, yall have a good day.

Went to Water aerobic class last night and had a great suprise. A friend of mine who goes to class with me had lap band in MX in October. She brought me her now too big clothes in my now smaller size! I'm so excited! That's WAY better than actually going shopping!

I received my Syntax nectar Protein supplement from Bariatric Advantage yesterday. I ordered the cherry flavor. It's engineered to be taken with 8-16 oz of H2O or eaten like pixie sticks. There's 23g protein in each serving. It's great as a candy, but has that funky protein supplement odor when taken with water. I find it's MUCH easier to get down than the shakes if you try not inhale while drinking. I'd compare it to a stinky Kool-aid. Not bad. The Biotin is on back order and due in by 9/1. I'll let you know if it works too.

Lo2, what all is the Biotin for? What did Dr. H say about you being so tired that day you went to get your fill? Do you still take the multi vitiman? As hard as you work at getting Protein, I would think you get enough. How many grams do you think you get most days? I never keep up with it since I haven't had any problems, and eat any and everything.

Having to work everyday, we have a lady out at the store and looks like she will be out for quite some time. Supposed to have sx next week. That was nice to get some clothes. Save you a few $. When do you have to go back to the dr? I forgot.

Lisa, is your husband going to see his mom everyweekend? Didn't know if you and Tanner would go with him all the time or not. I am sure that would be hard with Tanner all the time. Pretty long drive from your area isn't it? I guess you are right about Vlynn. Just thought she might have posted over the weekend.

Tpagern, if you didn't have to work today, I bet you are taking a nap. Hope your night went better than most. Just one more thing that is over for you.

Susan, how's the toe? Get one of those doctors to keep it deadened while you are working.

I was banded on June 20....I think. I have had one fill and am due for another next week. I drink coffee in the a.m. but may try drinking something hot through out the day. Some days go by with a breaze and I can't even tell I have a band, other than I get full a little quicker. Then other days I just struggle through the whole day.

Sugarbear, here is a quote from my bottle of biotin----" Biotin is a water-soluble B Vitamin that assists Protein and fat metabolism for energy use. Water soluble Vitamins are not stored in the body, so they sould be consumed everyday. Biotin also helps promote the health of skin, hair and nails."--- Some people say that it helps with Hair loss also. And we know what caused the loss. I know, I can see a difference in my nails and hair, so it must be doing something for me when I take it like I'm supposed to.

abatts, welcome to band land! My band does the same thing. They are "moody". Sometimes, all I can do is drink, sometimes I can eat the house down. I think part of it has to do with hydration. When you drink your water like you are supposed to, you might not feel as hungry as if you don't drink like you are supposed to. I know it has a lot to do with the amount of protein you take in also. If I don't get enough in, the next day, I starve. If you don't keep a diary, start one. It will help with calorie and protein count. Believe me, I thought I was getting enough of everything until I started my diary. Boy, was I shocked to find that I wasn't. You don't have to keep it long, it's just to give you an idea of what you are consuming, how much exercise you have been doing, and water consumption.

Hey glo. How's the slipper moving? lol

Hello guys...still here, just "busy"...Beth (my daughter is playing school softball) so staying pretty busy with that...she is a sixth grader but gets to play 2nd base for the 7th-8th grade team...just to brag a bit...

Billy and I went to DR on Monday...everything good, no fills for either of us...Billy is about where he wants to stay for now, so probably won't be getting any fills...I am still a bit tight, but didn't want to take any out...I am afraid to...Dr. H said if I am still reacting the same at my next visit he wants to try taking a bit out...we'll see...

School is going great...just wish I had something to work with...this year's class is sooooo behind and really don't care either...very discouraging when you are like me and think you can "fix em all"...looking forward to a class with interest...sorry I haven't been posting...just haven't had the time with grading, softball, home, school, church,...I am keeping up with all of you, though...

Talk at you later...Lynn:rain:(It's raining right now)

hi ! I made it thru the sleep study. I took a sleeping pill before I left home, by the time I was all hooked up I was ready to sleep. Didnt wake up until about 5 something. It was great at Atlanta Hospital. Got home before 6:30. Thanks for asking. I get to go sign my consents tomorrow with Betty. I closed on my loan today, should have the money by next tuesday, and surgery friday... My parents bought me a present, two boxes of the 8pack of slim fast LOL. That was sweet of them.

Cant wait to be banded ! ! ! !

Dr. H told me to take the Biotin because my hair is breaking off. I've been blessed to have a lot of healthy hair my whole life and this is bothering me. I hope it helps.

I was getting the minimum of Protein and he told me that since I was feeling bad, that I must be one of those folks that needs the higher amount and to take the protein supplement and see if I felt better. My next appointment is in October I think.

I had a day yesterday when nothing went down at all. Hardly even Water. The day before I could eat pretty well. So far my yogurt is a hung for a few seconds and drop through. I hope it gets better.

Good morning All,

Glad to see all is going good for everyone. Glad to hear TP that you made it through the "sleep study".

Lisa, I started my "biotin" today and of course I think the darn thing is just setting in my throat waiting for further instructions (I haven't even had my 1st fill). LOL

I was supposed to have it 9/4, but that would not have been 4 weeks (surgery was 8/10), so I called and they said "no" and to come in 9/11. I am scared to death. As everyone on here knows that I am "deathly" :faint:afraid of needles. I told the receptionist that and she laughed and said, " that it was bit too late for that". LOL :cry Everyone has told me that it doesn't hurt, but "it is what it is":think. LOL

Well, I'm digressing.

Lisa, I will move that slipper one way or the other after the 11th.

Everyone have a "blessed and safe" Labor Day. :clap2:

Good morning Glo. You got through the IV at the hospital. This will be absolutely nothing like that. I am a SISSY about needles. I don't mind the fill at all. Have to admit I was nervous the first time too. I heard...it's only a little stick...doesn't hurt a bit.....YEAH RIGHT!! Well I have to tell you everyone was right. Now, my port is where it is supposed to be and they had no trouble finding it ect. For those that have ports out of place, flipped, or twisted, or whatever some do, may have trouble, I am not sure. But as a rule everyone on here hasn't had a problem. I have had both docs do it too. That's my experience. So try to relax when they do it, that probably helps too. I know, easier said than done. We'll all be rootin for ya. Just close your eyes and pretend we are all there holding your hand. We will be in spirit, just not physically there. Hang in there.

Thanks, Suga,

I know that you are right. So when I go I will be thinking of ALL my band buddies with a towel over my head.:) I'll make all of you proud. It's my lunch now:ranger: (I didn't have a student when I wrote the 1st one today) and I am trying to get my H2O in. I agree that it's hard to get it in somedays. It's a good thing that I have a BR (bathroom) REAL close. LOL

WELCOME!!!! Abatts!!!!!!:D

THJ, I hear ya about the slimfast. I don't care if I ever see it again.

Hippmom, how's your day?

Lisa, don't forget, we won't have a meeting in September. Betty will be on a cruise. Wish I could go with her. See you in October.