Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Thanks Shannon, I have some of the oatmeal stuff. It's not really all that itchy, just looks like I have some type of zambeezee river disease. lol Na, it's much better this morning. I washed all day yesterday and I hope I got everything.

Sunlight, all that Water is supposed to help you lose weight. If you don't keep the body hydrated, it thinks it has to store what little Water you give it. Water helps wash out all the impurities and left over junk from the fat cells that you are emptying (?) out. So.... drink as much as you are supposed to and don't worry bout water weight. You can always put a little lemon juice in it and it will help you get rid of it.

Yall have a Blessed Day!!

lisa

Here's something to get your mouth watering.......Blue Bunny, Light, No sugar added..... PEACH PASSION yogurt. It is soooo gooood for Breakfast. Yall enjoy. lol sorry, I'm in a pestering mood this morning.

:)

lisa

Hello all...hope you are all doing good today (and staying dry)....:rain:

Glad to hear you are feeling much better Sunlight...had us worried for a while...Fever is a serious thing, so keep a check on it...

So good to know you are still with us Lisa...what would we do without you...you are truly an inspiration to us all...and look at YOUR ticker go...almost 40 lbs...YOO HOO!!!!

I really enjoy getting on and reading everyones posts, even if I don't post, because I learn from all of you each time I do...Thanks Sugarbear, you are our #1 helper here...we are proud to have you aboard...

Lo2us...you are doing awesome...I can't believe how well you are doing in such a short time...keep up the good work....

Hi Priss, understand the staying busy....we have Softball awards tonight, so thought I would "quickly" post before we have to be there...My daughters team tied for 1st in the season and got 2nd in the tournament (remember, played til 4am in the morning??) Also, having to work on getting things ready for VBS at my church...that's the joy of my husband being the deacon over the education classes...I am his personal secretary...

You ladies take care and keep moving those tickers...I will be moving mine pretty soon...I have a personal goal to reach, so trying to not move it til then...I will let you know when I do...Thanks guys for your support!!! (Billy is down bout 60 lbs...)

I keep saying I am gonna tie him up cuz some pretty girl might want him now...LOL:heh:

Take Care, Lynn

Hey to everyone...been out of pocket lately. However, had my first office visit yesterday and went through the hoops of body fat %, weight, etc etc etc. Just need the sleep study and

psychiatric evaluation, which are already scheduled. Hopefully in the next month or 2 we cn schedule the surgery. Just not been looking forward to the pre- and postop diets.

Water aerobics were called off tonight...right when I walked through the door!

Mom and I are painting the kitchen cabinets now and I'm down 2 lbs since starting mushies last Thursday. I was getting kind of nervous for a few days!

My regular doc called today and wants to check the bp thing out for himself, even though I'm already cutting my pills in half like Dr. H said and feeling much better! I'm supposed to go meet with him on Thursday morning.

Thanks for all the support and I'm glad everyone's doing good.

TX hogwild, just hang in there and keep up your nerve...I thought I was going to give up waiting to get to the surgery. That was truly the hardest part so far for me.

lo2us, I sure hope my weight comes off like yours, 31lbs in a month? Good job!

I'm still in denial that the scales are saying -31 lbs too! I'm dumbfounded that this might actually work!

I've got a LOT to lose. I think people who have higer BMI's tend to lose faster at first, at least that's what I've read.

Going from eating lots of crap everyday to pretty much 3 shakes a day shocked my system right at the beginning of the 2nd week. I've never tried anything that extrem since I've been an adult.

I tried to make the most of the liquid diet and stick to it as strictly as I could stand and exercise (a little) to be in shape for the surgery. I knew that once I started on mushies things would slow down, and I figure it will slow even more when I start eating real food next week. I will say it was a huge relief to wake up from surgery and NOT be hungry for like 7 days afterwards.

My orginional goal was to lose 30 lbs by the start of school in August. I'm going to add another 15 on to that now. Now that I've posted it, y'all can hold me to it!

Tx Hogwild... I did my pre-op during the Christmas holidays. I'm a whimp, but it can be accomplished. All you need is a little will power and a lot of determination. And support. Thats what we are here for, to support each other. So when the time gets here for your pre-op diet, don't forget to post (more often!!!!) we can help.

lisa

Hi everyone!

Lisa, how's the rash looking? Your ticker is comming right along!

Lynn, You and Billy are doing great! Wished I could talk my husband into it. I know he has to make that decision for himself. I still worry about his health.

Shannon, I hope your appointment went okay today. Hope he will reduce your BP meds even more. I have read where many have shed them altogether. Wouldn't that be great? I would love to get rid of mine. Did you ever find out if they did a hernia repair? That part should be filed on your insurance and then returned to you. I still haven't heard from Wadley. hmmmm. Don't be in denial about your weight loss! You deserve recognition for each and every pound lost! "You can do this." Remember us telling you that? YOU ARE DOING IT!! Yes, it will slow down, but slow and steady still works. YOU GO GIRL!!

Sunlight?? How are you? We need to hear from you.

HopefulChurch and a few others......let us hear from you. Your family is worried.

Sharon... what rash? it's gone. I washed everthing again and got rid of the bleach alternative residue. Mystery rash gone. lol My PCP told me the just a week or so ago that if I worked hard this next three months I just might get to get off my bp meds all together. Think I'm working on it? lol

Shannon, let us know bout the appointment. I know you did great.

Priss...... know you are busy. Little boys are just that way, huh? Mine's seven. Keeps me moving alot too. Hope you are moving right along.

Lynn, we're waiting on your ticker. lol Do one for Billy too. You can put it in your signature line. OR HE COULD POST HIMSELF.... HINt LOL Better put hand cuffs on him so the girls won't drag him off. lol

OK, I have decided my band has disolved. Since I didn't get a fill the other day, I think it just skipped out on me. This is gonna be a long six weeks. booooo hissssss!

Talk to yall later!!

lisa

Hey guys...

Hogwild...I, too, went through my pre-op during Christmas holidays...In fact...I had a slimfast for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a slimfast for dinner on Christmas day...hows that for temptation???...and my mother-in-law is a great cook (she caters for people around here)...but I did it and survived...you will too...just keep working on it...

Lisa is right...leave it to us here...we'll get you through the hard parts...

I almost forgot about Hopefulchurch...haven't heard from her in a while...where are you?...and who was it that got pregnant?...Does anyone know how she is?...There are beginning to be so many on here that I forget who is who...so if I leave anyone out, I'm truly sorry...I am proud of EVERYONE!!!:clap2:

No more BP meds! The PCP told me to monitor at home and if it goes up to take a 1/4th of a pill. I really wasn't expecting that at all, I just thought he'd tell me Dr. H was right and keep taking that half, but my BP is still reading in the 50's and 60's on the bottom even after decreasing the dose for a week. I'm so happy!

Went to Water aerobics and it was fun, but a little more tiring than I thought it would be so I just stayed for the 1st class.

It looks like everyone is just plucking along! Keep up the good work!

Way to go Shannon!!! I hope I can say that before long. I guess when you are old, it takes more time for the bp to go down. lol :eek:

Lynn, I see that ticker!!!! That is great!!!! You are gonna surprise everyone when school starts too. Blondylocks was the name of the girl that got pregnant. I hope she is doing ok. Hopefulchurch must be busy. I wondered about her too. And wannabethin.....that little okie needs to post too. I know, you're an okie too, aren't you? I promise not to hold that against ya! lol I just teased wannabethin about all the time. I have to, it's in my little Texas heart. lol :o

Yall have a good day!

lisa

OMYGOSH! Lynn. Only 31 pounds to your goal!! How in the world does that feel??! I just think that is sooooooooo wonderful. You are such an inspiration to us all.

And Lisa, you are moving right along too.

Shannon, I hardly know what to say, you are blowing off pounds like Water off a ducks butt! Don't you feel great about yourself! Pats on the back!!!

I too have been wondering about Blondylocks. I was so hoping she would come back and share her joy with us.

Goodnight all. It has been a long day.

Oh for any of you country music friends...John Michel Montgomery will be in Nashville, AR tomorrow night, Sat. At their park. They have a Stand UP America concert every year for the 4th of July. Different artist every year. He starts at 8:00 p.m. Pre-concert entertainment about 3 hours before showtime. Following the concert is a fireworks display.