Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1wk until I start my liquid diet!

You guys are not alone.. I'm post-op day #6 & I did my liquid diet Protein Shakes for 2weeks before my surgery... All I had was dinner & I made sure all my dinners where my favorite foods except for Chinese food lol I did have my shakes for Breakfast & lunch on the last night of the old me & half a cheeseburger with onions & mushrooms with 2 fried Oreos as my treat!! Oh em gee ... After midnight that's it!! .. I felt horrible doing it but it taste oh so good :) now I been on a official liquid diet since Tuesday which isn't that bad at all.. I feel so full it takes me about 1hr to drink 4ounces of liquid.. The bloating feeling is just there ugh! Other than that good luck to you all... #teamsleeves

You guys are not alone.. I'm post-op day #6 & I did my liquid diet Protein shakes for 2weeks before my surgery... All I had was dinner & I made sure all my dinners where my favorite foods except for Chinese food lol I did have my shakes for Breakfast & lunch on the last night of the old me & half a cheeseburger with onions & mushrooms with 2 fried Oreos as my treat!! Oh em gee ... After midnight that's it!! .. I felt horrible doing it but it taste oh so good :) now I been on a official liquid diet since Tuesday which isn't that bad at all.. I feel so full it takes me about 1hr to drink 4ounces of liquid.. The bloating feeling is just there ugh! Other than that good luck to you all... #teamsleeves

Are u posy op

Are u posy op

Post op..lol

Yes.. I had surgery on Monday 2/4/13

Yes.. I had surgery on Monday 2/4/13

If u don't mind me asking your weight before liquid diet? And then day of serg? And now?

I had a food party on Friday cause come Monday, I'm going in my 2 week pre-OP liquid diet. Thing is, my doctor never put me on a pre-OP diet so i don't know what to take in or drink. Just anything liquid or are there restrictions??

Nervous!! It's coming so quickly!!!! My date is February 27th.

I had a food party on Friday cause come Monday' date=' I'm going in my 2 week pre-OP liquid diet. Thing is, my doctor never put me on a pre-OP diet so i don't know what to take in or drink. Just anything liquid or are there restrictions??

Nervous!! It's coming so quickly!!!! My date is February 27th.[/quote']

I suggest you speak to the doc doing the sleeve or asked to be referred to a nutritionist that specializes in pre-op and post-op sleeves.

mz robin maybe we can be hospital buddies....we can post how we feel during our stay ill say a prayer for ya too:)

I suggest you speak to the doc doing the sleeve or asked to be referred to a nutritionist that specializes in pre-op and post-op sleeves.

Oh i guess i should mention that I'm getting surgery in Seoul (where i live) and they don't assign nutritionist. (I guess not unless you speak perfect Korean lol!).

I assume most liquids are a go as long as they're healthy?

Not that I'm a cheater or anything' date=' but did anyone try laxatives to get rid of some excess weight a few days before the final weigh in?[/quote']

I was thinking of maybe doing that the day before I start my liquid diet!

I was thinking of maybe doing that the day before I start my liquid diet!

I have tea that helps with digestion and pretty much to cleanse you out. Lol! Doing that tonight since I'm starting my liquid diet tomorrow. I've been eating too much junk lately so my body feels disgusting!!

Good luck to you!

My liquid diet starts today! My husband took me out to a chinese buffet last night, and then I got popcorn afterwards at the movie theatre...just a couple of my favs :D The coffee is brewing for my hubs right now, and the smell is wonderful! But since I only like my coffee with full fat cinnabon Creamer, I will abstain.....Bring on the Protein shakes..LOL.

mz robin maybe we can be hospital buddies....we can post how we feel during our stay ill say a prayer for ya too:)

Yep yep sounds good to me where r u located? I'm in Florida!,, Are we in the same time zone

Hello everyone. I am on day 4 of the 7 day liquid diet. I did pig out. I didn't do too much damage, but I did eat what I wanted. Actually the liquid diet isn't too bad. I am drinking the Bariatric Essentials, a lot of Crystal Light/Water, and sugar free popsicles. I could not stomach the broth. Ugh! :blink: My surgery is on Thursday, 2/14/2013 (Valentine's Day). I have lost 10lbs in 3 1/2 days. I have dogs and I have to walk them. Also, I love music and like to dance. I also like to clean so the constant sweating I think has helped with me losing so fast. I would tell you all to keep yourselves positively occupied. By day 3-4, it becomes quite normal. I am on a 800 calorie restriction, therefore, I try not to overdo it in the cardio department but as you lose it makes you feel better and better. I am more concerned with the liver shrinking aspect of all of this which is why I made my mind to not cheat and follow the doctors directions to the T. Good luck to you all. :)