Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm constantly hungry ! I'm 4 weeks out and can eat anything now . How do u know the difference between acid reflex and hunger ? Because I'm always starving ! And it's not in my head

I'm also 4 weeks out and im starving too!

Whatcha eating?

3 Protein Shakes 90 grams Protein , about 50 oz Water . 2 yogurts 2 serving Beans, slice of cheese and maybe some other stuff . I get filled really quick but within about 1 hr I'm starving again !

So it sound like you are in the purée stage?

I've tried meat and my stomach was fine maybe I should eat more to be full

I've tried meat and my stomach was fine maybe I should eat more to be full

I can't purée meat makes me ill I just chew it really well

Well good girl you knew what I was going to say!!

Ok let's talk meat, dense Protein. You will not stay full long lf you don't eat dense protein! You need to start getting some of your nourishment from that and not the shakes! Don't get me wrong I love the shakes have one every morning...

I know purée meat sounds gross I gave In and did it and it changed everything, you can do a little chicken and gravy and lightly blend it... But yogurts and most of that stuff you are eating will leave you hungry sooner!

You do not know the difference between acid and hunger. A stomach grumbles because the acid bubbles up in the empty space. When you have an excess of acid in a tiny sleeve, the SAME thing happens. It triggers the "I'm hungry and must eat" response that we learn early in life.

So the first thing is ALWAYS to either check that your PPI is working (we see a lot of folks on Prevacid need to change to something else) or to start on one if you aren't on it.

From there, fiddle with your diet. If you're on purees, you shouldn't be feeling hunger. It's common to suffer head hunger and acid problems in liquids, but not once you're on actual food.

~Cheri

Cheri has some good points, hopefully you are taking a ppi. I was lucky and don't have that issue of acid mimicking hunger but a lot do.

3 Protein shakes 90 grams Protein , about 50 oz Water . 2 yogurts 2 serving Beans, slice of cheese and maybe some other stuff . I get filled really quick but within about 1 hr I'm starving again !

I know that when I eat an egg, like a scrambled egg it seems to stay with me longer.

I have found that i am a special case as all Protein Shakes make me throw up. And yes i've tried all kinds. plant, eggwhite, ect. I have had to go to soft solids before i really should have i'm actually 9 weeks out now so it's easier but i will find recipe's for sleeve patients like chicken salad or turkey tacos. even seafood salad. You make all the ingredients and then stick in a food processor it still tastes the same has the same Protein benefits just is in a baby food consistency.

I have found that i am a special case as all Protein shakes make me throw up. And yes i've tried all kinds. plant, eggwhite, ect. I have had to go to soft solids before i really should have i'm actually 9 weeks out now so it's easier but i will find recipe's for sleeve patients like chicken salad or turkey tacos. even seafood salad. You make all the ingredients and then stick in a food processor it still tastes the same has the same Protein benefits just is in a baby food consistency.

Don't feel weird about the Protein Shakes, I was like that too. They would make me feel so freaking BAD. I have found that I can drink the prepared ready to drink protein and be just fine, but that is more expensive. I gotta do what I gotta do though.

Well good girl you knew what I was going to say!!

Ok let's talk meat' date=' dense Protein. You will not stay full long lf you don't eat dense protein! You need to start getting some of your nourishment from that and not the shakes! Don't get me wrong I love the shakes have one every morning...

I know purée meat sounds gross I gave In and did it and it changed everything, you can do a little chicken and gravy and lightly blend it... But yogurts and most of that stuff you are eating will leave you hungry sooner![/quote']

Okay I'll try , thanks .

I know that when I eat an egg' date=' like a scrambled egg it seems to stay with me longer.[/quote']

Yeah eggs do fill me up more