Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So many questions about Mexico

My husband and I are Board Certified Family Practice physicians. We researched surgeons meticulously. We asked to see the CV's (resumes). Obesity Control Center has 2 surgeons' date=' 1 Internal Medicine/Critical Care physician, Dr. Miranda is a physician/nutritionist, and 2 anesthesiologists. We both selected Obesity Control Center. We elected to have the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. The surgery was literally the easiest thing I have ever done. The pain was minimal. I had no nausea. We were very satisfied with our care. Dr. Ortiz has preformed hundreds of these surgeries.

Our daughter had the sleeve in Michigan by a highly recommended and she much more pain/nausea than we had.

I would suggest that you look closely at OCC. The decision is yours. You must select a surgeon that you have full confidence in and then proceed.

Good luck

Let us know where you decide to go and how your experience was.[/quote']

Thanks for jusr re conferming my choice. I have already booked with OCC. I'm so excited I have heard so many great things about their care and service there. I get sleeved on march 11th and am really looking forward to it :) thanks again for all the support from my friends here...

Wish me luck, this is just the begining... :)

I will be sleeved march 7, with dr Fernando Garcia. Its 4700. You put down $500 and pay the rest when you are there. I'm going thru Ready4Achange.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had the Sleeve with Dr. Ortiz on 1/28/2013. I have been following him for the last 10 years (took me that long to finally decide to do it) I will tell you that it was the best decision I have ever made and would NEVER go anywhere else. He is the BEST! If you need ANYTHING they will take care of it for you. I stayed at the Marriott and it was VERY comfortable. The day I had it there was a Dr from the Bahamas getting it done, two RN's from Canada getting it done and 3 other people from all over the country. He is the best and I would recommend ANYONE go to him. I have 4 other friends that have gone to him because I recommended it to them and we all have had no adverse reactions or problems. GREAT PLACE TO GO!

I had the Sleeve with Dr. Ortiz on 1/28/2013. I have been following him for the last 10 years (took me that long to finally decide to do it) I will tell you that it was the best decision I have ever made and would NEVER go anywhere else. He is the BEST! If you need ANYTHING they will take care of it for you. I stayed at the Marriott and it was VERY comfortable. The day I had it there was a Dr from the Bahamas getting it done' date=' two RN's from Canada getting it done and 3 other people from all over the country. He is the best and I would recommend ANYONE go to him. I have 4 other friends that have gone to him because I recommended it to them and we all have had no adverse reactions or problems. GREAT PLACE TO GO![/quote']

Thanks so much for posting this. I am scheduled for surgery march 11th and despite feeling comfortable about my choice in Dr Ortiz it is so nice to see it re confirmed by those of you who have already gone to him... thanks so much...

Hi Amber! I'm also from the Seattle area, also had a great dr. picked out, and then my insurance denied me. I also chose to go w/ OCC!!!! I know we both are in great hands!!!! I'll be there April 8. When are you planning on going?

Hi Amber! I'm also from the Seattle area' date=' also had a great dr. picked out, and then my insurance denied me. I also chose to go w/ OCC!!!! I know we both are in great hands!!!! I'll be there April 8. When are you planning on going?[/quote']

I will be there on march 11. Let's keep in touch. Ill be about 4 Weeks out when you head over. We can keep each other encouraged... :)

Used Dr. Aceves in Mexico. Included 1 night in hotel and 3 nights in hospital. Good experience. $8750. plus airfare. They pick you up at airport and take you back.