Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rude and angry Forum !

When you post on here you should be prepared for all viewpoints and opinions...

And honestly, some of the questions so people post on here makes me wonder......

Exactly! I totally agree.

I think sometimes people forget that when you post on this forum...everyone sees the posts, people you want to respond to your posts and people who you wished looked at your posted and not hit "reply"

And honestly, some of the questions so people post on here makes me wonder, do you have a friend face-to-face to ask, because the question has nothing to do with VSG or WLS and that people just needs a friend....

Go find yourself a friend and private message them....

Sorry, I'm just an honest person, both on here and in person....

Personally, I do not think that there is anything wrong with being honest. But what is honesty? Something that an individual believes to be correct based on their outlook or knowledge. The problem is that some people do not know how to be tactful and respectful in getting their opinions across...their is such a thing as internet etiquette.

As far as people needing to seek friends else where...that can be true but then again how many of your friends can relate to the weightloss journey that you are on or about to embark on...I don't have any. Everyone does things for a different reason, and I cannot knock them because I do not agree with it...but I can express myself and get my opinion across in a non-hostile manner.

Personally, I do not think that there is anything wrong with being honest. But what is honesty? Something that an individual believes to be correct based on their outlook or knowledge. The problem is that some people do not know how to be tactful and respectful in getting their opinions across...their is such a thing as internet etiquette.

As far as people needing to seek friends else where...that can be true but then again how many of your friends can relate to the weightloss journey that you are on or about to embark on...I don't have any. Everyone does things for a different reason, and I cannot knock them because I do not agree with it...but I can express myself and get my opinion across in a non-hostile manner.

What you stated is true some people can be more tackful...but in society there are tackless rude people everywhere....what makes this forum any different....

If you are going to post a question in a public forum, you are basically asking society for their opinion...and as a friend of mine told me, opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one...

Being rude or even tackless is all relative...just because you think what someone said was tackless, another person can come a praise the person for "tellin it like it is"

Its all relative...just like this posting, I can say you are being defensive because I told the truth about people posting stuff that they need to confide in a friend about, not the public....when others can come out and say to you good for you for responding...

Its all relative

I think sometimes people forget that when you post on this forum...everyone sees the posts' date=' people you want to respond to your posts and people who you wished looked at your posted and not hit "reply"

And honestly, some of the questions so people post on here makes me wonder, do you have a friend face-to-face to ask, because the question has nothing to do with VSG or WLS and that people just needs a friend....

Go find yourself a friend and private message them....

Sorry, I'm just an honest person, both on here and in person....[/quote']

Viewpoints and opinions are one thing , when you start getting private hate messages and getting called arrogant b***h that's another thing!

What you stated is true some people can be more tackful...but in society there are tackless rude people everywhere....what makes this forum any different....

If you are going to post a question in a public forum, you are basically asking society for their opinion...and as a friend of mine told me, opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one...

Being rude or even tackless is all relative...just because you think what someone said was tackless, another person can come a praise the person for "tellin it like it is"

Its all relative...just like this posting, I can say you are being defensive because I told the truth about people posting stuff that they need to confide in a friend about, not the public....when others can come out and say to you good for you for responding...

Its all relative

hhmmm you could say that I am being defensive by responding and I would state that I am just offering my opinion...looking at things from a different perspective. I don't offend easily...as I am one of those people who could care less what anyone thinks of me whether it is positive or negative. I don't seek out others for validation of myself. However, I am very much aware that many people in society do.

And IMO... just because to that person they are "tellin it like it is" does not make whatever comment any less rude...a little decorum is necessary.

Viewpoints and opinions are one thing , when you start getting private hate messages and getting called arrogant b***h that's another thing!

well that's not being rude...that's called harassment and you need to report the person to one of the moderators....

hhmmm you could say that I am being defensive by responding and I would state that I am just offering my opinion...looking at things from a different perspective. I don't offend easily...as I am one of those people who could care less what anyone thinks of me whether it is positive or negative. I don't seek out others for validation of myself. However, I am very much aware that many people in society do.

And IMO... just because to that person they are "tellin it like it is" does not make whatever comment any less rude...a little decorum is necessary.

Well most people come on here to be validate...esspecially when a person is suffering from complications....so I dont know about your comment about that...

and like I said before about rudeness, its relative...but like you said, its your opinion...not everyone have your personality or "decorum" that's society, if you dont like it, become a hermit....

And now I promise to shut the *blank* up now! (see its me being tackful) :)

I think if we stopped feeding into those miserable posts, they'd disappear. Or at least not go on for 20 pages. Some people feel better about themselves when they belittle someone else. Let them think that and dont respond to them. There's nothing that's going to piss them off more than them being ignored.

i feel everyone is entitled to their opinions, but here is the safe zone, no matter how stupid and repetitive the questions are they have just as much right to voice themselves as the rude folks have right to post a comment. this forum was created for baratric sleeve surgury, not to feel ashamed and feel that your question is stupid or what will someone say. here is our safe zone there are new ppl here almost everyday and they have questions sure some of use been on here for awhile and seen it all but they havent so bare with them. its ok to give an opinion but it dont make it right to be rude about it. this here is a safe zone for us overweight folks who can feel comfortable in this place because lord knows the outside friends and family dont understand.

You do tend to see the same questions over and over yes, but you can just move on by...or as I do sometimes, answer them and then say "hey there's a really good thread (or two) about this very thing, maybe you might like it. And it has a lot more information than I could give you"

And I POLITELY tell them where to find it..

Every time I came on this forum and posted anything someone kind responded... It is why I am still here... I want to return that to someone else... Doesn't matter if I've read it a million times, that's because I'm 9 months out, it is the first time for them and if I can answer or offer advice then that's what I do.

This is why I make the posts I do because it helps break up the monotone of this place and I want ppl to laugh especially if they feel alone cause I was very alone on this forum and had asked questions that were really bothering me and no one replied yet I see some one ask about a stall and get a million replies. So I stopped asking and tried answering ppl who I could help. And it wasn't till Friday when I was really scared ppl came to my rescue and I could never show how great-full I am to these ppl. And I know ppl think I don't take this place serious. I so do but it's in my personality to want ppl to be happy.

This is why I make the posts I do because it helps break up the monotone of this place and I want ppl to laugh especially if they feel alone cause I was very alone on this forum and had asked questions that were really bothering me and no one replied yet I see some one ask about a stall and get a million replies. So I stopped asking and tried answering ppl who I could help.

Awww Fyre that makes me so sad to think about :(

I remember the very first post I answered to you on. It was about you being in the shower and freaking out about your incisions...

We all care about you!

And I'm so sorry that happened to you... :(

Thank you Laura! Bff's!