Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needing encouragment / advice

I'm going to try and not make this too long. For the past 3 weeks, I have been clumsy, falling in to the walls and trouble with my vision. I fell a couple weeks ago outside and bruised my right hip. Got up and knocked it off to being accident pron. When I would stand, I'd almost black out and have to sit back down. Wednesday of this week, it was really bad and I fell at work - bruised my left hip. I went to the ER right then. BP was like 70/43. I've never had problems with BP. Always perfect. Also, I can't raise my left left very high and can't tilt it towards me sitting down. The er dr asked if my back hurt, I said no, but today it does. Not sure if its a bruise or something to stress over. I've had a headache for 3 weeks straight ( assume thats due to the low bp). Nothing will help it. They keep me overnight in the hospital and did an MRI and CT, Blood work and check my BP every 15 min all night. Finally about 4am it went to like 85/58 then 97/55. They then discharged me with a cardio tilt table test scheduled and a 24 hr heart monitor. Gave me 3 bags of Fluid but said the blood work didn't show dehydration. So, after all this....I get home and I'm up 5 pounds ! I haven't lost in about a month. Then it goes up. I don't eat a lot. I don't drink enough Water like I should I know. But I am so discouraged with the scale going up. I try and make my meals not over 200 calories each. I don't snack a lot and try to keep the overall calories under a 1000. I (before this ER visit) had lost 130 in 6.5 months. I still need to lose another 30-40 lbs. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Then someone tells me they have sugar in the fluid bags they gave me at the er...my heart sank. I've been extremely depressed this past month and went to Urgent Care two weeks ago. Had a UTI and he added Celexa to my depression med Im already taking ( Welbutrin). I've googled it and don't see where it would cause problems with bp. Now, heres the problem. I can't move my left foot or leg much so I walk like I've had a mini stroke (embarrassing), my bp is still low, my headache is still going strong, both hips hurt and I'm up 5 lbs in a week ! Yes I'm whiney but my husband won't listen to me and doesn't understand. Im embarrassed to go to urgent care again. Do I just wait for the tilt test to do anything and who do I call for the foot leg thing? A foot dr, my ortho dr, a chiropractor, or back dr? My mind is swirling. Someone please give me your opinion.

Don't hesitate to go to the ER again. Or go to your primary care doctor and if you don't get the attention you should, switch doctors.

You have to be your own advocate and demand answers. Don't be shy about asking questions. I would also keep a journal and record symptoms and time/day they occur. Log information about doctor visits and tests done as well as test results. Record answers received to your questions.

Don't worry right now about weight loss. Your body seems to be under stress. The IV fluids need to leave your system also. Try to drink Water (I know it's hard, I struggle to drink enough as well.)

Best wishes to you!

I have had low blood pressure all my life and so do my children. Your blood pressure will drop if you are not drinking enough and the symptoms will be dizziness, headache, confusion and a general feeling of being unwell. You need to drink a lot of Water. It is unlikely that you have had a stroke because usually high blood pressure goes with strokes. Hope you feel better soon.

First CALM DOWN. Make an appointment with your Primary care provider if you don't have one get one. This is a journey keep a food log (r u getting enough Protein?) The Fluid will leave your body give it some time! Stay off the scale for a month and DO i.e. log the food and get exercise if you can. Keep checking in here.

YOU LOST ALMOST 60 LBS. You are doing this!!

Dee

Sounds like something neuro to me- the fact that it is effecting your gait so strongly says that to me. That is where I would start if I were you. However- you might try a chiro on the off chance you have a pinched nerve somewhere (I have one that gets pinched in my wrist, elbow, shoulder and neck and causes some awesome headaches).

If this were me, I would not hesitate to go back to the ER. Good luck.

I am not an expert (by any stretch of the imagination) but the cumulative of the symptoms sounds neurological..... Maybe a pinched nerve or vagal??? The weight.... Last thing on your mind! The lack of mobility.... Kind of concerning.... But more than likely transient. any facial drooping? Have you had an MRI? I don't believe in tilt table tests from a diagnostic stand point but many PC physicians still use them. Did they tell you to increase your sodium intake? Im am sorry you are going through this. It sucks. Be your own advocate. Docs sometimes make you feel crazy or like you're over reacting when they can't rattle off an easy to find diagnosis. Keep pushing. Best of luck!

Totally thought of something else.... Have you had your B12 checked? Some symptoms include: neuropathy (loss of feeling in fingers and toes), difficulty walking, mood changes, and memory loss of disorientation.

Track back to adding celexa to Wellbutrin.

Really good advice to look at the Celexa. I've had 3 different anti-depressants cause problems. 1 made me feel itchy all over, like my skin was literally crawling, another made me cry all day for no reason, and the third gave me muscular tremors and dizziness, similar to what you're experiencing. I didn't go to the ER, I just stopped the meds (with my Dr's blessing) and the symptoms went away. Might want to find alternative solutions to treat your depression if you're sensitive to anti-depressants like I am. I find exercising every day (just 30 minutes of walking) really helps. Vit B is supposed to be really good for depression, too. Also, find support groups. There's a lot of power in being to relate to other people with similar problems. Last, try volunteering. You can't help but feel better about yourself when you're helping people less fortunate than you. Good luck with everything!

Please keep us updated on how you're doing... Hoping this resolves quickly for you

Someone else posted last week with similar symptoms and the leg thing. There is a name for that and it is nuero related. Maybe google that symptom and follow up with your GP.

I remember seeing that post as well

I can't seem to find it now

Making an appointment with neurologist would be a good idea

Get yourself checked out...just googling the symptom shows some possibilities that sound troublesome.

Unable to move leg

WebMD Symptom Checker helps you find the most common medical conditions indicated by the symptoms unable to move leg including Transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke), Broken (fractured) hip, and Broken (fractured) upper leg.

There are 8 conditions associated with unable to move leg. The links below will provide you with more detailed information on these medical conditions from the WebMD Symptom Checker and help provide a better understanding of causes and treatment of these related conditions.