Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome message every time I sign in

I get the message below every time I sign in. I do not want to stay signed in, so I must see this message every time I do get on. It's really annoying....how can I make it stop? Thanks

Thank you for joining VerticalSleeveTalk.com! As founder of VerticalSleeveTalk.com, I am privileged to have the opportunity to welcome you into our community. We are a warm and supportive group of people who, like you, have had Gastric Sleeve surgery or are considering the procedure. We hope that you find VerticalSleeveTalk.com to be a valuable and indispensible resource throughout your own journey toward a healthy lifestyle.

This PM contains valuable information to help you learn the ropes around VerticalSleeveTalk.com, so please read through it.

Introduce Yourself!

As one of your first activities in our community, we encourage you to first introduce yourself on the message boards by sharing information about your Gastric Sleeve Surgery here. We suggest reading through a few recent posts and then creating a new topic about yourself. Please tell us about your own Gastric Sleeve Surgery journey. Have you had the surgery yet, or are you considering it? Who is or was your surgeon? How much did you lose after surgery? We’d love to get to know anything about you that you want to share because we want to get to know you better.

Paul11011, here are a few more helpful links to get you started.

• Get caught up in the forums! Click here or on the “View New Content” link toward the top of the VerticalSleeveTalk.com page. You can always read through the latest and hottest topics, and hopefully contribute your own thoughts to these and new discussions!
  • Please be descriptive: When posting, please make sure that your post’s title is appropriate and descriptive to the topic to avoid confusion or panic. Some examples of bad titles are “Help Me!,” “I’m Stuck,” or “I’ve got a Problem.” These titles can cause alarm and they do not tell members whether the post is likely to be relevant to them. A better title might be, “I’m having trouble figuring out what to pack for lunch each day.”
  • If you are planning a visit with your Gastric Sleeve surgeon, please consider leaving one (or many) fliers with your surgeon and clinic staff members. Our fliers are already designed and ready for you to print.
  • Need some help on the go? Access VerticalSleeveTalk.com from anywhere with our freeMobile App for Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod as well as Android phones and devices, including Amazon Kindle.

These are a few links to help you manage your account.

• Member Profile: We’d like encourage you to fill out your VerticalSleeveTalk.com member profile. This helps our other members get to know you better.
  • Manage all your VerticalSleeveTalk.com settings here.
  • Search, Rate and research Gastric Sleeve surgeons here.
  • Get started by uploading photos to your new personal photo gallery. You can create unlimited albums here . You can view other member Before and After Gastric Sleeve Surgery photo albums here.
  • Get Blogging about your Gastric Sleeve Surgery journey! Start your own blog here. View our members current Gastric Sleeve blogs here.
  • We offer live Video & Audio support Chat rooms! Members can generally be found in our chat rooms at all hours of the day. Click here to start chatting.
  • We've recently launched the VerticalSleeveTalk.com Social and Support Groups, where you can start your own online Social or Support Group or join on one of our member created groups.
  • Visit VerticalSleeveTalk.com Help Topics to assist you with using our forum here.

We know it seems a little overwhelming, but don’t worry. Just log on and introduce yourself. Save this PM for future reference, and get involved in our community. You’ll be a pro in no time, and we hope to be able to help you throughout your weight loss journey. We are pleased to have you with us!

Paul11011, we truly value your feedback. Please always feel free to let us know if you have ANY suggestions or comments. We really love hearing positive and negative feedback from our members, and any ideas for improving our community.

And finally, we are a self-supporting community that provides free membership to everyone. To pay the costs of running the community and our rapid growth, we rely heavily on our sponsors. Please support our community by visiting any ads that pique your interest.

Again, welcome to the community, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Best Regards,

Alex Brecher, Founder of VerticalSleeveTalk.com

Alex Brecher,

We're updating the entire site in about a month or month and a half. We're planning to replace our entire system that manages the messages you're receiving and that'll definitely fix the prob. I'd like to assist you prior to that though. Do you receive the welcome as an email or a PM ? That surely would annoy the hell out of me if I received it each time I logged in!

Glad to hear about the changes Alex. It "pops up" on my screen and appears in the messages. I just checked my email account and I get a notification in the email every time as well. Thanks for addressing this.