Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

chipotle? subway?

I like chipotle and subway and want to know if anyone else dines there and what you ordered? It is a nice option on a "no cook" night or when the rest of the family has pizza night :)

I love the salads at subway and the kids size is reasonable. Chipotle can be very friendly if you go for the kids menu and stay away from the rice and go for the lettuce. Both websites have great nutritional information

Chipotle is a favorite. I tell them I need some lettuce, meat, black Beans, a little corn salsa and occasionally some guac. They usually do it as a kids meal.

At Chipotle I usually get the standard three soft taco meal, have one taco for the current meal (sans tortilla early on, but usually have the corn tortilla now in maintenance,) and then have two more for future meals. I usually get them with whatever meat I feel like, brown rice and black Beans, veg, cheese, salsa and guac.

I am only two days post op but I would imagine chipotle easily becoming a go to place. I would get no rice, some meat if I can tolerate it, mild salsa, maybe a touch of their awesome sour cream and guac.

Subway can make the sandwiches into bowls. I got a meatball marinara. No bread, I ate 2 meatballs and some cheese plus veggies. I'm 2 months out. It's crazy, portion size that it. I use to be able to inhale 2 foot longs. Now I can barely eat 1/2 of a 6 inch.

Haven't tried chipotle, but when I go to Mexican places, I ask for _________ without the tortilla. Tacos no tortilla, quesadillas no tortilla, etc. most places are pretty nice about it.

Flour tortillas are still hard for me, even more than two years out. They gum up and sit like a stone in my belly. Corn ones are better, but I won't lie - I'd rather eat a few chips and guac or salsa than a burrito, anyway.

I usually do a bowl. I used to skip the rice and ask for extra black Beans but now I just do the rice. It still makes about three meals for me. If I'm feeling like it I'll sometimes do crispy tacos, but I don't eat a lot of meat and prefer the black bean bowl.

I don't eat Subway, so I can't help you there.

Just about any place you can think of has some possible food options for the post-sleeve diet, and it gets easier the farther out you are.

~Cheri

Okay.....had a chipotle bowl with black Beans, chicken, fajita veggies, lettuce, a lil corn salsa, Tomato salsa, quacomole.......was able to eat 1/4 of it at a meal (x2 meals today and probaly will be 2 meals tomorrow)......yum yum good and high in protein.....the entire bowl 585 calories and 46 mg of Protein. I also spoke with my nutritionist today about subway as well and aside from salads she recommended 6 inch sub and have them hull out the bread so its the toasty outer part plus what stuff I want....so that will be next

I've been to subway a few times post op. I agree about the salads. I got a chicken breast salad with sweet onion sauce and ate in it two times. I ordered a flat bread once from subway also and wasn't able to eat the actual flat bread much- took a few bites but picked the insides out mostly. I just wasn't in a salad mood that time and that worked out for me too. Again I ate on that several times. It's doable. Even if you wanted to eat the bread I doubt you would be able to have more then a half of a 6 inch.

At chipotle I get chicken, lettuce, black Beans, peppers and guac (bowl). Then I add my own low fat cheese and sour cream. It makes 4 meals for me.

Never thought about hollowing out the bread. That is a great idea.

I really enjoy the salads at subway. I do the steak and cheese (spinach, lettuce, green peppers, banana peppers, onions, shredded cheese, fat free Ranch & chipotle sauce) if you ask them, or sometimes they ask you, they will chop it up for you so it's all mixed together and in smaller pieces.

Subway can make the sandwiches into bowls. I got a meatball marinara. No bread' date=' I ate 2 meatballs and some cheese plus veggies. I'm 2 months out. It's crazy, portion size that it. I use to be able to inhale 2 foot longs. Now I can barely eat 1/2 of a 6 inch.

Haven't tried chipotle, but when I go to Mexican places, I ask for _________ without the tortilla. Tacos no tortilla, quesadillas no tortilla, etc. most places are pretty nice about it.[/quote']

Lol you can't have a quesadilla with no tortilla that's just melted cheese in a bowl lol

I order a beef fajita quesadilla and just eat the guts out of it (cheese, beef, onions and peppers)!

Chipotle and subway are about the only 2 eateries I frequent regularly. I get double chicken on my burrito bowl with peppers and onions, lettuce, pico de gallo, hot sauce, cheese and a little guacamole. Makes 3 meals at least.

At subway, the oven roasted chicken salad is good for 3 meals as well, again with double meat for Protein. I make my own ranch dressing at home out of skim milk and Greek yogurt. Really high Protein.

Y'all be careful about that teriyaki chicken they have or any other sauced up Entrees. Go look at the nutritional info on their website. That teriyaki chicken salad has more than double the carbs of the oven roasted chicken salad. The only difference being the sauce...it's pure sugar. To me it's just not worth it.